1,533 votes67 comments · Microsoft Planner - Feedback Forum » Integrations · Flag idea as inappropriate… · Admin →
Beyond the iCalendar feed, we will continue to explore our options for adding tasks to Outlook Calendar automatically. We would love to hear more of your thoughts on the following:
-What information from tasks would you like to carry over to Outlook Calendar?
-How many different plans would you like to view on your Outlook Calendar?
-Any specific scenarios or examples of how this would fit into your workflow
The Planner Team
An error occurred while saving the commentABIGAIL BARNES commented
For quick implementation, using the features that Outlook Calendar already has:
1. Add a Plan as a distinct calendar - this appears to already be a function with Outlook "Groups".
Then, on that calendar, the following should appear:
2. A Task should appear as an "All day" appointment on its Due Date.
--- For tasks that have a Start Date and Due Date, the Outlook appointment should span between the two dates.
--- Potentially filter Tasks based on who they are assigned to - so only Tasks that the person has assigned to them will show up on their version of the Calendar
3. The title of the task should appear as the title of the "appointment".
4. The name of the Planner Bucket that the Task is in should appear as the "Organizer" or the "Location"
5. Notes on the Task should appear as Notes on the Outlook appointment
6. A link to the Task should also appear in the Notes section of the appointment
--- Links to Tasks are already a feature of Planner
This is basic integration that utilizes features that already exist, hopefully making it easier to integrate. Full integration with all of Planner's comments/checklist/attachments etc can come later.
As an update, we’ve paused work on this item to pursue wrapping up work on a few other high priority asks.
We appreciate your patience and feedback on this, and hope to resume work on this soon. Please keep voting and letting us know that you’d like to see in a Planner UWP app!
The Planner Team