We have completed the checklist feature as a solution for this.
Here is a related thread if you’d like to support or follow the suggestion for assigning checklist items: https://planner.uservoice.com/forums/330525-microsoft-planner-feedback-forum/suggestions/14924745-assign-checklist-item-to-specific-individuals
An error occurred while saving the commentFrancois Deschamps commented
Sorry to say but I agree with others below. This is poor design. We do not need a checklist, we need to have a hierarchy of task. Tasks that can link to task, that can themselves link to task...
Object inheritance. One task may contain many tasks, and these subtasks are just standard tasks...
Thank you for sharing your feedback!
We would like to learn more about how you utilize labels, specifically:
1) How do you use labels to organize your work?
2) How many labels do you need?
3) Would you like an ability to customize colors? If so, how would you use it?
4) How would you like labels to appear on task cards?
5) Is there anything else would you like to add in regards to labels?
The Planner Team