Add functionality to create dependencies
Add functionality to link tasks with dependencies. One the upper level task is complete the tasks that are dependent on it would become active and notify those task owners.
Martin Kragh Østerlund commented
Make it possible to make tasks dependant across different plans
and it any task or sub task completes before or after the deadline all other deadlines adjust to reflect the change
Dayiris Barrios commented
I need dependencies and notify users when the dependency is completed.
I'm assuming this is tied to the Gantt chart request? Can't have (a useful) Gantt without dependancies.
Jennifer Tubbesing commented
Planner is a viable option for those who cannot comprehend Microsoft Project. When using different groups of people with dependent tasks, without the ability to mark something as dependent on the next task, they aren't held responsible for meeting their dates and seeing how their task affects the next person's task.
Karin Hallin Saedén commented
A lot of projects are connected to each other. Make this and help us keep track!
This all day!
Like Project we need it.
Just like a predecessor in MS Project
Just make it like OneNote! How you can indent check boxes underneath parent check boxes.
Dependencies are critical, how can I use Planner to run a project if Task B can't be started until Task A is complete and the board has no way of showing me that?
Give me Subtasks please, that I can assign to others. Don't replace simple checklists, but add this as another feature. Allow each subtask to be surfaced in the To-Do app. Right now, I'm doing this manually by: (1) Creating a separate bucket called Subtasks, and creating a link to each subtask in the parent, and a link to the parent in the subtask. (2) Where a recurring task needs a reminder, I'm creating a task in Outlook (Web) To-Do "Home", adding a link to the parent Planner task, and a link to the child To-Do task in back in Planner. This takes a long time, but it gives me a taste of the functionality I want.
This is a must add feature. We have been trying planner out, and the lack of this feature is one of the biggest reasons we will are planning on evaluating other tools.
Much required feature. Else, timeline for a project will have no meaning if the last person marks the task complete when previous tasks are not done.
Alex Walker commented
Dependencies would be such a great feature. Be sure to add the notifications for those waiting will be notified.
YES! PLEASE! Along with a critical path feature.
Matt Barker commented
This has to be the first step in being about to create a ghantt chart from a planner board. Dependant tasks with deadlines. Then you could see who had missed a deadline and how it impacted subsequent tasks.
Something inspired by the trello implementation of 'adding links' would be very desired, it is very flexible for different tasks but still very usable for dependencies.
Something similar would be enjoyed a lot:
- links to other cards are created from the card you work on (no need to go copy from another card)
- the link will present itself as a mini visual presentation of the linked card, including some info usefull to understand if it is done (no need to click the link to check te linked card for status)
- the link can be seen / managed from the linked card as well (to understand dependencies from 2 sides)
- links -shown as the visual presentation- are be added in any tekst (not as attachment only) so text is easliy added to explain the 'WHY' of that link
- links are added cross-boards from the card you work on, enabling to create a portfolio board (with projects as cards) with links on those cards to boards, buckets or cards on the seperate project boards easily.
My 5 cents :)