Microsoft Planner - Feedback Forum

Welcome!

We've partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this forum. We love your feedback and ideas on how we can improve Planner. We can’t promise we’ll build everything, but our product group will review all ideas and do our best to respond to top suggestions.

How to join the conversation:

• VOTE for existing ideas - this will also subscribe you to the idea's status updates.
  • SUBMIT new ideas - if you haven't found it via search.
  • COMMENT on threads - add anything else you'd like us to consider.
  • JOIN us on Planner's Tech Community for Q&A, blogs from the Planner team, and more!

Thank you for joining our community and helping improve Planner!

Lawyer stuff
Please note that the Planner’s Feedback Forum is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. If your submission is not a product feature suggestion it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patent-able ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Need technical support? Visit our support page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Disable email notifications for comments

I want an option to disable notifications for comments.

I do not want to email the entire Office365 Group every time I add a comment. You can't disable this.

Furthermore, if I did want an email to go out, it should be identified as coming from Planner rather than an email from me.

416 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

95 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Swimlanes

Add the ability to create at least 1 additional swimlane within a board.

Buckets are good, but being able to incorporate an additional "High Priority Swimlane" that spans across the various buckets will make it much easier to identify and track critical work items.

401 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  Boards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Move a Plan from one Group to different Group/Team

As there is not control of the creation of Plans/Groups/Teams
    sometimes a dupicate group or team or plan gets created and the ability to move these plans to a different group (the correct one) is essential.

Our situation is this:
    One team member has created a Team, another created a Group.
    staff has used the planner from the group but some how used everything else from the team, (channels, site, files, notebook).
    We want to move the planner that is attached to the Group and move it to the one with the Team. Then remove the duplicate group.

400 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  Boards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone!

A workaround for this is that we’re currently rolling out improvements to the Copy Plan experience.

This improvement will include the ability to choose an existing group or team to copy the plan into. You’ll also be able to customize what gets copied over.

I will share another update when this is available to everyone through Planner’s web experience. Please let me know if this unblocks your scenario.

4. wunderlist, planner and outlook tasks should all live in the same world

Wunderlist, Planner and Outlook tasks should all be part of the same app universe and be easily movable and interchangeable weather the user is using the free Wunderlist, a paid Office 365 subscription or Outlook though a classic Office license (non subscription model).

why so many overlapping task management apps from Microsoft?

From the user perspective one can only see advantages in the integration.

396 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Notify people assigned to a Task when it is changed/updated or when a comment is captured

A colleague and I own a task, however when I added a comment and changed the due date on it, I was the only one receiving an email about it, which is really pointless given I know what changes I made and would rather the other people assigned to it received that email/notification/update... Please can this be changed?

392 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Restore Deleted Buckets

We need the ability to restore deleted buckets, in a situation where a team member deletes a bucket by mistake it's impossible to recover it, meaning that all the tasks added to that bucket are gone as well. There's not even a warning when you delete a bucket to deter the user from deleting it

390 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

57 comments  ·  Boards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Configurable email reminders

It would be great to have a way to configure reminders across individual tasks or an entire plan. Particularly, I'd like to see:

• Reminders X days/hours/minutes before a task is due

• Repetitive reminders for tasks that are overdue (e.g. a reminder email each day once a task is overdue)

• Perhaps a summary of tasks that are assigned to you, due soon, overdue, etc that could be emailed periodically

381 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Desktop App Please!!!

I like the mobile app and would use Planner a lot more if there was a desktop version.

367 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

87 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Assign a task to more than 11 people

Remove the planner limitation to assign a task to more than 11 people. Currently, if you try to assign a 12th person, you get an error message "You can't assign more than 11 people to a single task."

361 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

51 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow us to have Custom Progress Status’s

It would be nice to be able to create custom status’s for your board.

We use additional status’s for when we are working on a task. For example something may be in progress but we would set the status to Waiting on Customer or Pending Testing.

It would be great to create our own status’s that can be applied to the Plan for better tracking.

352 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. For all comments, email notifications need to be sent to all assigned to that task.

For all comments, email notifications need to be sent to all assigned to that task. That is the main use of Planner. If team members have completed their task; they can remove themselves from the assigned list, to stop the unwanted emails.

349 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

41 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add "Search" Task in order to find a task quickly

The Browser Version has it workaround through the browser search. In the iOS App, there is no chance to find a plan quickly if you have 180 plans like me ;-)

337 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  iOS App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback! Near the top of the Planner Hub page in our iOS app, you’ll find the ability to search your plans by title. We’re also considering adding the ability to filter tasks on a plan board in our mobile apps, including filtering by keyword. Let us know what you think, we always appreciate it!

-The Planner Team

13. I need to be able to prioritise tasks so that I can focus on the most important and then being able to see those high priority tasks easily

I may have several tasks across many buckets that are due around the same time. It would be good to be able to highlight high priority tasks and then have a view of those tasks so that I am sure I am working on the most important

335 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Overview of all Tasks created by me

It would be nice if there was a view where i can see all Tasks which i have created. In the actual Version i have to assign myself to every Task i create to get an overview of all my created tasks.

328 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Archive Tasks

Showing completed tasks at the bottom of each bucket isn't very helpful when the list of completed tasks is enormous. If Search functionality for Tasks can be added and cards can be archived, that cleans up the buckets and keeps all of the pertinent information at the forefront. If I want to look for a completed task, searching by text makes the most sense to me rather than digging through a list of completed tasks until I find the right one in one of several possible buckets.

327 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. More Labels

Add the option to make more than the default number of labels

326 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Improve Checklist Functionality

It would be great to see more functionality with the checklist function in MS Planner. For example, being able to assign members to individual checklist items, due dates for each item, hours for each item etc.)

325 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Boards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Link tasks between different plans

It would be extremely helpful if you could create a task in one plan and have it duplicated in a separate plan(s), and only needing to update the task in one place.

Example. I create a task in Plan A. I duplicate the task in Plan B. When I make any changes or updates to the task, it updates in Plan A and Plan B.

324 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Integrate Planner with Excel for mass updating / entry of tasks

when creating a new plan or maintaining a larger plan the data entry is pretty cumbersome. Integrating this with Excel would make this process much easier and allow the plans to scale better in terms of initial start-up time as well as ongoing maintenance.

322 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Integrate with MS Project in O365

Does this interfaces with MS Project? This would be a much better way of creating, assigning, executing, and tracking project tasks as well as non-project/administrative tasks. Also, maybe the time invested in tasks could flow automatically to timesheets. Reducing or removing the time spent maintaining timesheets would be welcome.

322 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Microsoft Planner - Feedback Forum

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base