Microsoft Planner - Feedback Forum

Welcome!

We've partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this forum. We love your feedback and ideas on how we can improve Planner. We can’t promise we’ll build everything, but our product group will review all ideas and do our best to respond to top suggestions.

How to join the conversation:

• VOTE for existing ideas - this will also subscribe you to the idea's status updates.
  • SUBMIT new ideas - if you haven't found it via search.
  • COMMENT on threads - add anything else you'd like us to consider.
  • JOIN us on Planner's Tech Community for Q&A, blogs from the Planner team, and more!

Thank you for joining our community and helping improve Planner!

Lawyer stuff
Please note that the Planner’s Feedback Forum is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. If your submission is not a product feature suggestion it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patent-able ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Need technical support? Visit our support page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow any user, regardless of their email client, to receive planner notifications

We are forced to use GSuite for our email and we are using SPO with the standalone SPO Plan 1 licensing. It appears that none of our users can get Planner notifications when a task is assigned/upcoming/past due because we don't use Outlook. Remove this restriction and allow notifications to be sent to any email address regardless of the client used. We currently receive SP alerts without issue.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. plans with email and notifications

when the task with new coming up or attachments,can let members get notification automatically?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow variable notification intervals.

I would like to set reminder emails periodically at intervals I choose. Like 30 days, 15 days, before the due date. Set more than one notification per task.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Can we have or add additional "tabs" for classifiying our planner actions?

We would like to have additional color tabs available for classifying our planner actions - either already available or where we can add additional ones if needed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Get our Reminder into Teams activity instead of an email

Get our Reminder into Teams activity instead of an email

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Send notification to newly added team member at the time of they added.

it is observe that information related to given task was not shown to all team member except assign member, and also this plan was not shown to all team member in planner hub.
    This plan shows only when the task is assigned to particular member.
    So, i suggest you to send notification for newly added team member. when this notification given to the member then plan will show in planner hub. after that any member can see this information through planner hub.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. How can you convert your visitors to paying visitors?

Your website design & content playing a leading role to convert your visitors to paying visitors. “Devstringx Technologies” vastly reputed custom software development company in India, Which offers complete IT services in your pocket-friendly budget. We offer web design, web development, complete software testing services, custom software development, mobile app development, digital marketing services, etc. Our management is proactive, trustworthy, engaging and capable to handle the copious amounts of work. We deliver work on time with satisfied of stakeholder projects requirement and its expectations. Customers are happy with our expertise after using our services.
    We have sound knowledge of automation…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Enable notifications for adding a note or comenting a Task in MS Teams - Planner.

It would be cool if you could enable settings for the MS Planner in Teams. When I add a task for somebody and afterward add a comment or a note, then the person wont be notified. Please integrate this option.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. When I make a note on a planner task that is assigned to one of my employees, only I get a notificationn not who is assigned the task.

When I make a note on a planner task that is assigned to one of my employees, only I get a notification not the person assigned. Seems more intuitive they would get the notice, I already know I posted a note.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Ability to choose who gets email when clicking on send in card.

People no longer assigned on Planner Cards are still being emailed when using the send option and others that were not on the card originally are not getting the emails.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Notifications when Tasks are moved.

I feel like this should just be built-in already, but I feel like there should be an option to enable notifications when a Task is moved from one Bucket to another. Or at least create a Flow to get this to work. I understand that it might be annoying for some people assigned to the Task that don't want to see the notifications, but that's why they should be able to opt in or out.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. How to Recover Gmail Account ?

Get exchange your Google account password or Gmail through following some step on the pc and phone. You can alternate your password via any device like computers, phones and tablets. It might ask you to confirm google account data and through some steps you can change your password. Make certain you are using your non-public device to change Google password and I will be proper if you’ll use the same IP address to recover or change Google account password.
    Visit: https://www.geekisquad.com/blog/how-to-recover-gmail-account-and-password

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Improve layout of email updates from Planner

The email report for updates to a Task/Plan is uglier than a hat full of bums, and really scares off new users. I suggest the email include - the card, the nature of the last change, as well as perhaps the history of previous changes.

The subject line should not start with "Comments on Task" when a lot more than comments has changed. I propose that it change to "The Task [task name] has updated", then it should include changes every field, to status, date, proirty, checklist completion, etc - everything the user needs to under what has actually changed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Planner Notification Settings

Is it possible to edit Planner notification settings for all members included? Instead of each user having to do this themselves.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Updates

I need ty o be able to add someone to an action item, but not assing the item to them. I would like for my boss to get updates on certian action items without assinging it th o him.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Can we stop notifications being sent to the user who has triggered the update notification. It is annoying as the user will already know the

Can we stop notifications being sent to the user who has triggered the update notification. It is annoying as the user who has triggered the notification will already know the task has been updated thus making the email notification redundant and just clogging up their email inbox.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Notification for new cards

Provide notifications when anyone adds a new card to a board. We use planner for idea sharing across our team and would love to get notifications when someone adds a new card to the board, meaning they have a new idea.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. government planner

The current government version does not have the notification function when a task is assigned or hybrid comments in planner. Please add these features.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Microsoft Planner - Feedback Forum

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base