Microsoft Planner - Feedback Forum

Welcome!

We've partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this forum. We love your feedback and ideas on how we can improve Planner. We can’t promise we’ll build everything, but our product group will review all ideas and do our best to respond to top suggestions.

How to join the conversation:

• VOTE for existing ideas - this will also subscribe you to the idea's status updates.
  • SUBMIT new ideas - if you haven't found it via search.
  • COMMENT on threads - add anything else you'd like us to consider.
  • JOIN us on Planner's Tech Community for Q&A, blogs from the Planner team, and more!

Thank you for joining our community and helping improve Planner!

Lawyer stuff
Please note that the Planner’s Feedback Forum is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. If your submission is not a product feature suggestion it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patent-able ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Need technical support? Visit our support page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Notify people assigned to a Task when it is changed/updated or when a comment is captured

A colleague and I own a task, however when I added a comment and changed the due date on it, I was the only one receiving an email about it, which is really pointless given I know what changes I made and would rather the other people assigned to it received that email/notification/update... Please can this be changed?

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Support @ notifications in Task Comments

Support @<name> notifications in the Comments field for Tasks.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Integrate Planner Notifications with Teams Notifications

Allow users to choose for planner notifications to show up in Teams rather than in Email. We are using Teams for all inter-office communication and I receive notifications from Teams when I have a message there, but we still receive notifications in our email inboxes when we have a task assigned to us. If all notifications could happen in one location, ie. teams, it would be much simpler for everyone.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Customize task reminders

It would be wonderful if the planner task reminders could be customized as they are in Outlook at this time.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Give an option for a reminder

We are using Planner for a Kanban-Board in our Team. Tasks, which need to be discussed, in our regular meeting, are marked as "tbd".

Some tasks are taking a long time to be finished, so that an automated reminder (7 | 14 | 21 | etc. days) could help, to inform about the status, when the task wasn`t set to "tbd" for a long time.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Make Change Notifications Clickable to see Changes

When I open Planner, I often see a notification popup that says "While you were away there were X changes" but then there's no way to click on the notification to see which changes so the message is fairly useless. Please provide insight into the changes, such as a click through to a changelog where the user can click on individual entries to open that card to see the changes.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Reminders, Notify and Mobile app

Hello,
    1. I suggest that you can set reminders by day and time.
    2. Notify when a check list job is complete.
    3. Receive notification of mobile app when there are changes to tasks.
    Regards,

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Notification reminders for tasks

It will be good to have notification / reminders time period customization so that team can adjust it to meet project specific requirements. Currently, there is only 7 day option but ideally user/owner should be able to edit the timeline when system should push these notifications out for tasks.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add a time (in addition to date) to task reminder notification to assignee(s)

Task reminders only have a date. It would be great to have a time so it reminds people of a task x min before the due time/date like in outlook. Example of application is when the task is to attend a particular event/meeting.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. The creator or all assigned members of a task in Teams should get notifications for comments, progress changes etc

The notifications around Microsoft Teams Tasks do not align with how useful this app can be.. as the creator of a task I want to be notified via email preferably if somebody has commented on the task, made progress, completed etc. If I'm assigned to a collaboration task I also want to be notified when comments are made etc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Tag additional users in task

In assigned tasks, allow additional people to be tagged so they are notified when the task is completed

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Different notifications to different roles

I'd like to have a possibility to differ between people who has an action, and people who is only informed.
    As it is now, everyone gets the same message, and it confuses the receivers, that there is a lot of useful info in the e-mails, but no action points to them. The keep on asking me" What is my action in this case?"

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Email notifications for Exchange OnPrem users

Currently, if a user mailbox is in Exchange OnPremise they sometimes don't get the email notification letting them know that a task was assigned to them. Its a random issue, the user can receive 1 out of 3 assigned tasks notifications. Microsoft say this is a behavior by design, it is not an issue. This isn't ideal for a hybrid environment.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Put the name of the plan in task assignment email

Currently when user receives task assignment email it says "You've been assigned a task!" in the subject then it has the task name and a button to open that task in Planner. Could you please put the plan name someplace in that email. We have alot of templated plans where the tasks are the same and they get these tasks in several plans at once. It would make the users really happy if they can easily see in the email what plan it is and not have to open the actual task in planner. Other notification emails like late tasks,…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Removal of links for mobile products

Currently the tenant allows for us to block users from downloading from the store applications we deem at risk or doesn't fit within our environment. But with each online product, you advertise, click here to download online product mobile edition. We need a way to disable the advertising of mobile products for any product as it causes our support issues to go up when users click it and are unable to download. Additionally it is causing our end user satisfaction to go down since they cannot access something you are advertising.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow ability to set members notifications for assigned task - Team project leaders should be able to force a notification.

If we want to be able to confidently use Teams to assign tasks, project leaders should be able to force email notification as a means of confirming that the Team member has been notified. As it stands if someone turns off notification, members assigning the tasks do not know that the assigned person has notifications turned off.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Over due tasks daily reminder by mail / mobile app till task is closed.

Over due tasks reminder by mail / mobile app to be sent every day to assigned person/persons as summary of for all due tasks till task is completed. options setting to be made available so the user can set reminder as per his requirement.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. New Kindle Oasis is a gorgeous but too expensive e-reader

Looking more than ever like the printed page, Amazon’s new flagship Kindle e-reader is a beautiful device vulnerable only by its hefty $399 price tag.
    These days e-readers can effort to prove their worth when tablets and smartphones are everywhere. But even if you have these gadgets at your disposal, there are a few advantages in observing an e-reader like Amazon’s Kindle in your bag.
    visit @ https://help-kindle.com/news/new-kindle-oasis-is-a-gorgeous-but-too-expensive-e-reader/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Email notification should tell you which Plan/Bucket it came from

Email that says "You've been assigned a task!" should tell you which Plan and Bucket the task lives in.

The only way to find out is to click the link. Need faster way to scan/understand the nature of the task, in order to decide the urgency.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Change default notification settings for whole team

Allow an admin/channel owner to set the 'default' notification settings for the whole team. In my specific situation the team is reluctant to use Teams due to the amount of email notification it sends them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Microsoft Planner - Feedback Forum

Feedback and Knowledge Base