Microsoft Planner - Feedback Forum

Welcome!

We've partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this forum. We love your feedback and ideas on how we can improve Planner. We can’t promise we’ll build everything, but our product group will review all ideas and do our best to respond to top suggestions.

How to join the conversation:

• VOTE for existing ideas - this will also subscribe you to the idea's status updates.
  • SUBMIT new ideas - if you haven't found it via search.
  • COMMENT on threads - add anything else you'd like us to consider.
  • JOIN us on Planner's Tech Community for Q&A, blogs from the Planner team, and more!

Thank you for joining our community and helping improve Planner!

Lawyer stuff
Please note that the Planner’s Feedback Forum is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. If your submission is not a product feature suggestion it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patent-able ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Need technical support? Visit our support page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add pre-requisites to tasks and timeline adjustments

Many times, I have tasks scheduled that require another task assigned to someone else be finished, in order to be completed. If that pre-requisite is completed late, it should push my scheduled task due-date back automatically. This gives me the opportunity to complete my task early and get the project back on the original schedule.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Schedule  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow users to assign a 'workload to a task'.

Allow users to assign a 'workload' to a task. Not just start and enddate, but an amount of hours lets say. The task might span a month, and in that month you have i.e. 16 hours to spend on that specific task.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Schedule  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Change the names of the priority fields

Can we edit the names of the priority field to align with internal priority descriptions

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. AI to schedule outlook calendar

Using an AI style solution, allow you to look at a card or a Task and Enable you to be able to block time in your outlook calendar.

i.e. I see a task come in, I want to find time to block out 'deep work time' to focus on it. Without entering my calendar, have the service select 'Today', 'Tomorrow', 'This Week', 'Next Week' or a specific Date, that find the free time block and enters the time. That way you don't need to switch between apps.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Sub-task due dates

While a plan has a final due date there are interim tasks (sub-tasks) that must get completed for the entire plan to achieve its state due date completed.

For that

1. Each sub-tasks should get assigned to specific people with their due dates.

2. Those subtasks must show up in their individual to-dos so that they know what they are working on. (this part is done

3. If the change their due date then the team could know if the overall task will be completed in time.

Therefore please add the option to create due dates & assignments on the subtasks. It is…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Ability to assign time / days to tasks and see what time / days are remaining.

For each task, you add into Microsoft Planner, you can add a set amount of time or days resource like a timesheet. You can see how many days or time is remaining for each task and not just task deadline.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Schedule View - Scale to Show All Tasks

Would like to see the Schedule View show all tasks. This saves time going back and forth between the schedule view and the tasks that are not displayed, especially for those out in the field working with the mobile app. Basecamp has this and scales the calendar so all tasks can be shown in the view.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Have Label Colors show up in Calendar view

In Planner when clicking on the Calendar view have blocked dates listed based on colors in Labels

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Show tasks in bar form when viewing Schedule in Month

It is nice to be able to see all tasks in bar chart format when viewing Schedule in Week, but when viewing in Month this direct visual effect disappears when you have multiple tasks. Our team normally have more than 15 ongoing tasks per day, each lasts more than few weeks, it would be very helpful if we have a choice to view these tasks in bar chart. Or provide a option so that we can show the top 5 or X most important tasks in bar chat form for each Month.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I need relative dates, # of hours a task will take, and relative start and due.

My work requires relative dates until the plan has a firm schedule. Also, each task needs an estimated # of hours it will take. With relative dates I may need someone to start on a task the first day of a project knowing it may 3 weeks for a client to get material to the person to do complete their work. So I want the person to start 1 week after contract signing and finish within 4 weeks on a task that I think will take 4 total hours. BONUS idea - it sure would be nice if a user…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Display more than one plan in the schedule view

Currently the schedule view is only available at the plan level. It would be useful to have it also at the hub level and allow the user to select the plans (up to all of them) that they want to display in the schedule view. In many cases, the scheduling of a new task depends on what other tasks are already assigned to that same person.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow completion of task from Schedule view

It would be useful to complete a task when viewing the Schedule view.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Prioritize tasks in schedule view

If there are multiple tasks on a given day in the "schedule" view, I would like to prioritize those tasks. I am not able to drag and drop to prioritize the tasks in the "schedule" view, but I can do the same in the "board" view. As a workaround, I go between schedule view and Board view, but that is not very efficient.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Change the date fields to say 'Projected Completion' and 'Actual Completion' so we can see how far ahead of schedule we are.

Change the date fields to say 'Projected Completion' and 'Actual Completion' so we can see how far ahead of schedule we are.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Assign tasks by business day which can recurr monthly

Assign tasks by business day which can recurr monthly so on the first business day of every month, task x is to be completed. This would be valuable to folks that work in financial reporting that work on certain tasks every month based on business days not calendar days.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Schedule  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Anzeigen von erledigten Aufgaben im Zeitplan

Es wäre gut wenn man eine Anzeige erstellen könnte um erledigte Aufgaben dauerhaft anzuzeigen. Dies wäre sowohl im Board als auch im Zeitplan nützlich.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Schedule  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Master calendar/schedule across all my different teams

I need to combine all of my different teams into one big calendar. We are an art center, with lots of different things going on in the building and out in the community. I want to have the option of seeing them all at once in a calendar format. In other words, I would like to be able to share a "plan" across teams so that multiple teams can contribute to a single calendar- for example, multiple teams/departments can all contribute to a single social media plan/schedule. right now social media would have to be a plan within each team,…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Need the ability to add hours budget and actual for a given task.

We work with multiple projects (plans) using multiple tasks and resources on each project, sometimes multiple resources on any given task. While having a start date and end date would be essential to get any sort of timeline view, either on a Calendar/Schedule/Gantt view, we also need to see the budgeted hours and the actual hours charged against that task to know if we are within budget, as well as on time.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add colour options to Buckets and People to be able to distinguish tasks in Schedule view.

Schedule view currently offers little value to my shared team board as we can't distinguish at a glance what needs to be done by whom, or in what buckets they fall.

The ability to colour code Buckets, Tasks and People so that you can then easily distinguish between these in Schedule view would be amazing. These could change depending on what you've selected in the "Group by" option.

So "Group by assigned to" would show each task with a different colour on the Schedule depending on who it was assigned to. "Group by Bucket" would show a different colour (selected…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. estimated start and end

start end end times can often be a bit fuzzy when a project first begins. it'd be helpful to have the option to note start and end times as estimated and for the graphic to change on the Schedule view to indicate that detail (a bar end points change to an arrow or dashed look maybe?)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Microsoft Planner - Feedback Forum

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base