Microsoft Planner - Feedback Forum

Welcome!

We've partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this forum. We love your feedback and ideas on how we can improve Planner. We can’t promise we’ll build everything, but our product group will review all ideas and do our best to respond to top suggestions.

How to join the conversation:

• VOTE for existing ideas - this will also subscribe you to the idea's status updates.
  • SUBMIT new ideas - if you haven't found it via search.
  • COMMENT on threads - add anything else you'd like us to consider.
  • JOIN us on Planner's Tech Community for Q&A, blogs from the Planner team, and more!

Thank you for joining our community and helping improve Planner!

Lawyer stuff
Please note that the Planner’s Feedback Forum is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. If your submission is not a product feature suggestion it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patent-able ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Need technical support? Visit our support page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. LABELS

Along with the other's stating more Label colors, it would be nice to have the label color show in the schedule view (more visual).
    Currently you can filter by label, but it doesn't color code by label (shows all items white on schedule view). The only time color shows up when an items is "Late", and then it's highlighted Red.

Would also be nice to re-order the labels instead of ROYGBIV order.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Schedule  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Individual task completion status when task is assigned to multiple users

Display and notify individual task completion status when task is assigned to multiple users.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Schedule  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Print monthly overview

I would love to print the mothly overviews in order to show them on the notice board which contains KPIs.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Upload multiple tasks via Excel template

Being able to upload multiple tasks using an Excel template or other upload feature. Currently, can only input 1 task at a time.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Single day view in schedule

Allow the Schedule view to show a single day. Board view shows today/tomorrow and then bundles the rest of the week in a single bucket. Sometimes we want to look at details for a specific date to see what is planned.

The week view is nice but a lot of the important details are not see until you select the task itself.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Schedule view with annual view (not just month/Week), Work Week view excluding weekend days

Schedule view to show Annual (per month) work week with option to show without Weekend days included (we dont work weekends...)

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Ability to show completed tasks in Schedule view

I want to use planner for a social posting calendar, so I need the ability to show completed tasks in schedule view

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Schedule  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add calendar settings options (first day of a week and date format)

There should be an option to choose which data format to display in tasks and in Schedule. Month number followed by a day number is not a standard for Europe. The same for first day of a week (for me it is definitely Monday not Sunday). I would like to be able to change these settings.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Schedule  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Tasks per hour with timeline view.

Allow functionality of booking tasks in per hour with timeline view. For example, an engineer has a job which will last 1 hour at 9am and another job which will last 2 hours at 10am. The ability to book a task for a certain amount of time and to also display that on a timeline view, preferably with showing multiple persons on the same page.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Have schedule view to show not only week and month, but also for 3 month to 6 month views, similar to Microsoft Project.

Basically when viewing tasks in the schedule view, it would be useful if i can view not only in weekly or monthly, but also across the entire task duration of say 3 to 6 months. This kid of view is already available in Microsoft Project, and gives an easy and quick view of various tasks across the project timeline.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Rollup Channel Plans to Group/Team Level

Being able to create multiple plans as a part of a channel that then rolls up into a Group/Team Level comprehensive view - even if summarized without same labels, or buckets would be great.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Set default view (week vs. month) in Schedule view in planner

I would like to either be able to set a default view (week vs. month) in Schedule view in planner; or remember and use my last view.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I would like to be able to see all tasks due during the week in the schedule mode instead of seeing (+4, or +6) more.

I can see in the schedule portion that I have certain tasks that are due. Example on 10/30, Open a new work order.
    If I want to see all the tasks due that day, I have to click the link for "+6 More." I would prefer if it showed all task that day. Or at least having the option to do so.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add schedule view to mobile apps

Please add the schedule view to the mobile app. Add the ability to view the list of tasks and drag and drop to the days as a way of planning order.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add pre-requisites to tasks and timeline adjustments

Many times, I have tasks scheduled that require another task assigned to someone else be finished, in order to be completed. If that pre-requisite is completed late, it should push my scheduled task due-date back automatically. This gives me the opportunity to complete my task early and get the project back on the original schedule.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. AI to schedule outlook calendar

Using an AI style solution, allow you to look at a card or a Task and Enable you to be able to block time in your outlook calendar.

i.e. I see a task come in, I want to find time to block out 'deep work time' to focus on it. Without entering my calendar, have the service select 'Today', 'Tomorrow', 'This Week', 'Next Week' or a specific Date, that find the free time block and enters the time. That way you don't need to switch between apps.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Need times for start and due dates

Need to be able to specify a begin and end time as well as the date

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Show tasks in bar form when viewing Schedule in Month

It is nice to be able to see all tasks in bar chart format when viewing Schedule in Week, but when viewing in Month this direct visual effect disappears when you have multiple tasks. Our team normally have more than 15 ongoing tasks per day, each lasts more than few weeks, it would be very helpful if we have a choice to view these tasks in bar chart. Or provide a option so that we can show the top 5 or X most important tasks in bar chat form for each Month.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Better Outlook Integration - 2 way sync, private instead of ICal, etc.

The current way of syncing between Planner and Outlook is very unintuitive, and not secure (it requires you to publish your planner schedule to the web).

I would expect more seamless integration with the Planner schedule where it synchronizes to Outlook without requiring an ICal link, and a 2 way sync so details can be updated either in Outlook or in Planner.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Gannt view

This app needs a Gannt view, and more than that you should be able to group tasks by team member. All the tasks assigned to John for example. This App needs work for continual service based organisations

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Microsoft Planner - Feedback Forum

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base