For all comments, email notifications need to be sent to all assigned to that task.
For all comments, email notifications need to be sent to all assigned to that task. That is the main use of Planner. If team members have completed their task; they can remove themselves from the assigned list, to stop the unwanted emails.
1) User shall be able to decide wether other users shall be notified about his/ her task completion.
2) Not always created Team in Teams is a project team. I manage my team, as a team in general. In this case tasks are not dependent ones. There is no need to inform others about task complition. The only, always, informed person could be a task creator.
3) The other question is - why the person who added the comment should receive an e-mail? If the comment is available in MS Teams, there is no need for additional e-mail. As I mentioned before - maybe only the supervisor or task creator can be informed.
4) Another idea is that the task creator can mark the option, while task is being created, that he/ she wants to receive all comments on his/ her e-mail.
On behalf of Zurich Bermuda we really want this feature. Otherwise how else can we effectively collaborate and be as productive in planner without this feature. Please put this in soon.
Steve Guillaudeu commented
Similarly voiced in these User Voice threads (I posted this comment with links in all, so I apologize if you follow one that leads you back where you are first reading mine):
Chris Ayers commented
...and ONLY those who are assigned to the task NOT the whole group.
This is about MS Teams Hand. Please add the functionality to add the number next to the hand so that the presenter would know who raised the hand first
This is really the only logical way that this should work. Only the person or people that are assigned to a task should recieve the notification.
Charles Boylan commented
For the past two days I have not had a reply news comment directed to my in box why?
Katie Brooks commented
Our organization would like to see the following changes implemented to the commenting & notification features:
1. Additional notification settings so you can customize how to receive your notifications (email, mobile push, Teams in-app etc.)
2. The ability to follow a task or plan and receive notifications when they change.
3. Notifications for all users assigned to a task (rather than only notifying users who have previously commented)
4. The ability to @mention users in a task comment and notifications that correspond with tagging
We have hundreds of members in our O365 Group that is attached to plans in Microsoft Planner. What use case calls for hundreds of emails to be sent out when a simple comment is made on a task. Many O365 Group members are a part of the group for other reasons that to use planner, why do they need to be notified of a task comment?
Strange Microsoft thinks this is a good way to configure notifications. It is not realistic to ask hundreds of users to go into Planner and disable email notifications. Instead...they just get spammed for task comments they know nothing about.
We have stopped using MS Planner enterprise wide until the configuration notification settings are changed.
Please Microsoft, focus on the important notifications!
There is another thread that is about to be implemented which sends group email notifications to people "Who already commented on a task".
How is that relevant ? it should be everyone assigned to the task !
You should also have the option to select which notifications to receive from that plan, on group or even individual level.
This is so frustrating, having to teach Microsoft how to implement basic notifications on a task application.
Any side jobs available there?
PS: This is the partial solution thread:
Jan Spallek commented
This is an essential demand in our business for a higher usage of Planner
It's diabolic to haven't a notification until you don't comment the activity, even if it's assigned to you!
Yes, how this still hasn't be implemented by MS is beyond me. This is a major feature failure.
Stephen Minhinnick commented
I agree that the people assigned to tasks should receive email updates if someone comments on a task, regardless of if they have previously commented on the task or not.
That is because if you are assigned to a task you need to know what is going on with it. This is the most basic requirement. All other task notifications are secondary.
See related request in this forum: https://planner.uservoice.com/forums/330525-microsoft-planner-feedback-forum/suggestions/11444235-email-notifications-and-alert-options
Either send email or chat notification from planner option is much needed
It is crazy that any comment on a planner item in planner automatically spams the inbox of all team members, with no way to selectively choose email notifications per plan or by item.
As it is for channels - if I am a member of a large team with multiple plans, I should be able to hide notifications and email from plans and planner items, and choose when I want notifications and emails to come through (eg if someone specifically '@' tags me in the comments, or assigns a task).
In large teams, this makes the comment feature for planner items unusable.
how can there be no sending notifications via comments? This is insane...
Matthew Jarsky commented
This a critical feature.
We make do without it, but there are only three of us, and we all work in the same office, so we can lean over and say to each other “I just commented on Task X.”
…which is ridiculous.
If we had one or two more people on the team, we would have to abandon Planner.
for my team i assign each a task they need to get notification of changes etc. i would also like to see a notification back to the owner of completion of the task
any updates on this? this is so limiting.