How can we make Planner better?

Show Teams channel Planner tasks

Not just the team/group main plan's tasks.

151 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

John Egleston shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Completed  ·  AdminPlanner Team (Product Manager, Planner) responded  · 

Thanks for all the feedback!

In the latest update of our Android app, we’ve added the ability to access all your plans from Teams within the Planner app. On the Planner hub, you’ll see plans from Teams included within the Recent plans and All plans sections, as well as their associated team and channel information. You can favorite a plan for easy access and then work on it in Planner.

Cheers,
The Planner Team

15 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great progress so far! The ability to see all the team channel plans is great and the new filtering options (especially "Assigned to") REALLY helps. Keep it up!

This functionality is a must currently.
    As it is now, you have to enter teams, go to the correct team then channel, then select the Planner tab to open the plan in the planner app.

Instead, either there must be the possibility to view channel plans in the planner app, not just the main team plan, or there must be the ability to save a currently open plan as a "favourite" so it appears in the plans list when the app is opened.

• Jagdish Devarajan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This not being fixed is confusing with project planners who may only be able to see it if their names are in the task. Annoying for a company that decided to use teams :-(

• Ant commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

any workaround available for this issue within planner?
    Remark: it's clear we could access it via team channel, however its really ineffective.

this is important. and it seems the plan created in teams does exist but accessible by team channel only. i think it is not a big deal to make it accessible by planner as well

• Russell Sayer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When going to tasks.office.com, or using the Planner mobile app, we need to be able to see all plans that were created using a Teams channel.

Currently the only way we can get to those plans is if we go to the channel, open the channel's Planner tab, then use the "go to website" link.

This is a major UI problem for the mobile app
    The browser shows all the Team Tasks OK

• Ivan Merino commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same problem... I can only see the channel tasks created from Teams in Planner in the "My Tasks" section, the planner hub don't show any task (only see team's top-level hub). Also unable to add task to a specific Channel.

This is a nuisance.

A. There's no ability to select a Team Channel's Planner Hub in Planner. The Team's top-level hub is the only thing available.

B. Unable to add tasks from within Planner to a specific Team Channel's plan.

Only the Team's main channel planner appears in Planner app. If I create a new plan in one of the sub channels it will not show in the Planner app. I can do the opposite and add an existing plan from Planner to any Teams channel. Please fix this

When going into Planner, it's not possible to directly navigate to a plan associated with a team which isn't the main plan (unless one navigates through teams). Even when doing that, the non-main plan isn't associated with the main plan at all.

Also it looks like the planners created by Yammer don;t appear in the Android app. Tasks do but the planner hub view does not.

• Greg Nelson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We're seeing Teams channel Planner tasks in "My Tasks" in the web app, but not in the Android app. Also, we're not seeing the team channel Planners in either web or mobile listing.

Making this work would really boost our staff's use of Planner! Thanks.

Feedback and Knowledge Base