Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Planner?

User-Defined Status/Stages

Presently, to define status of a task, there are only three options available with the user, namely, Not Started, In Progress, Complete.

Provision to user's to create more status-tags will help track the status.

135 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

22 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seems like this would be a quick implementation. Any reason they haven't done this yet or what a timeline might be (original idea was december 2016)

• Merethe Stave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Or, at least add a status = On hold/awaiting 3rd party, as sometimes tasks are not possible to do, but still want to keep them in the list for when it is possible, eg. when tasks is currently out of scope, or depended on someone/something else to be completed.
        Or, if not open for customization, at least give some options to choose from (eg. as mentioned in previous comments; "pending", "test", etc.

Ability to assign a Task to multiple People with a Checkbox "Everybody has to do the Task".
        If unchecked: Task is done, when somebody did it, if checked, Task is done, if everybody did it...

• Simon Tocker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We would have loads of extra status codes, in one instance, as there are multiple stages in our pipeline, including the usual blocked, in test, in uat, etc all belong in that "centre" section of a kanban

• Matthias commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely agree. To use planner as kanban in a useful way, at least two additional states are needed. As already mentioned "verify" and "backlog" would be very helpful.

I agree. At minimum an additional status i.e. "pending" or "waiting" would be very helpful for an effective kanban style plan. Of course fully customisation would be the perfect solution.

I'd like this too - even a couple of customizable statuses to be able to add a bit more flexibility

• Tony commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We definitely need that. Important new status are: Waiting for, Backlog...

• Norm Sash commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yep, I want the flexibility of user-defined status. I know there are other suggestions for Planner about this, but they all seem to be for adding a specific status, so I didn't vote for those ideas. Rather, I'm voting for this idea to give us user defined status just like we can have user defined buckets.

I was in the middle of suggesting the same thing then saw this! right now I have this on a whiteboard in my office but would love to be able to carry it around electronically. Make it happen!

• Molly Parker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! This would be great. I would love to be able to add additional stages to the drop down list.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base