Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Planner?

Remove 250 task limit per person per plan.

Currently, there is a 250 task limit per person per plan. The error states “You've run out of space! Delete some old tasks and projects to continue creating new ones.” Removing completed tasks defeats the purpose of using Planner as a historical task tracker if resources are limited to 250 tasks.
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_other-mso_win10/planner-cant-submit-more-tasks-for-a-specific/12fee9a1-9681-4c12-9920-1b9aa43a4ba7

560 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

J shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

93 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Danish Sajwani commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This limit is not good even for small sized projects. I have been trying to convince our exces to start using Planner country wide but this limit makes it impossible to do it.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well... that's it. I just had it with Planner. While trying to handle the low limit on tasks, I wanted to delete hundreds of tasks so the Plan can continue working. To do so, I wanted to delete a bunch of old tasks using flow (loop through them and delete) Guess what, there is no Flow action for planner to delete a task :(

Microsoft is missing great opportunities to compete with Jira or Trello by not fully integrating Flow/Planner together and keep the users inside the O365 ecosystem. :(

My Flows are now all failing due to this limit yet, no clear error message telling there is a limit in planner.

I can't believe that 2 YEARS later we still have no feedback from Microsoft on this issue. Is this list monitored?

wow, this limit is way TOO LOW!! I built a daily process that creates a dozens of tasks every day for the same people. If I cannot keep historical workload in planner, then I guess it's back to a SP task list... :(

Please remove the task limits as it negatively effects the usefulness of the planner for our business

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is becoming an issue in our business and is becoming another reason the take up of Office 365 tools is problematic in our organisation, Please make this unlimited ASAP. If you need to place a limit then please make it large enough that people will not reach the limit in such a short space of time!!

• Fritz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is this limitation still intact? Why is it not removed? I'm now convincing everyone to use this tool - but it should not have limitations like that

Oh my goodness....!!!! Please give us unlimited Tasks and unlimited Checklist items in each task. A limit of 20, SERIOUSLY??????

• Rob Z commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There should be unlimited tasks. I intend to use planner as a historical record, so I don't want to delete old tasks. I want to be able to research and check back on tasks for years to come.

• Glenn Pudney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How are we going with an increase to Planner, we're running out of space and it is a real hassle to continue to delete completed tasks.
        It is a very slow process to delete any completed tasks.
        We are seriously considering Trello

• Dave B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on this, Microsoft? We're just starting to get into Planner but if we cannot keep an archive (maybe less attachments?) this will be a huge snag and probably force us to choose an alternate product.

The 1500 limit is a killer. Please up this or remove it otherwise still using Trello.

• Reddy Karri commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is great product. These constraints limit use of planner for big projects. If there is no technical limitation, please allow admins to adjust the parameters to fit to their needs

The 1500 limit is a killer. Please up this or remove it otherwise still using Trello and Asana...

• Kaos2K commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, remove all of these limitations because planner would be useless in most corporate scenarios.

You could also make it easier to delete completed tasks...or set a timeframe when completed tasks are "archived".

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base