Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Planner?

Add Recycle for deleted tasks in Plan

Currently there is no possibility to restore deleted tasks and no option to restrict deletion. Assigned person can delete task and say after that haven't seen it.
In other case, deletion can be done by reason. Nevertheless, ability to restore is important.
Both situations can be handled by old good Recycle for deleted tasks, placed under Plan options. With ability to restore task with all important info: attaches, comments, check list etc. Restore of bucket and labels is nice to have.
Thanks, Ivan

713 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ivan B shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

101 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Stephen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is anyone from Microsoft looking at this thread? This is a potential show stopper from our organization using this.

• Mohan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can not just believe that Microsoft missed these 2 essentials..

• Liam Turbet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This needs to be implemented ASAP if businesses are going to consider using planner for task management!

Task Archiving is another need that is very underemphasized.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just cannot believe this isn't already in place. As Flo stated below, can Microsoft at least comment on this one to see if it's going to happen?

Without this Planner is just not yet enterprise ready, which is pitty as the tool is great.

• Flo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft, please at least comment on this thread.
        1- This is not audit proof hence a show stopper for many
        2- There is a "undo" when doing it from Planner (not from Teams) hence there is a "temp recycle bin": shouldn't be too much work to add a permanent recycle bin.
        3- Tasks in planner is often be accessible by a dozen of people, or more if through a channel in "MS Teams", hence risk to delete one is obviously high
        30'000 people in our company hesitating to use Planner due to this. Some tried and stopped when they see tasks mysteriously disappearing.
        Such a good tool, but how unreliable...

• Zac Willette commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an essential functionality. I copied a board to a new channel and then changed my mind. When I deleted it from the new board (thinking I was deleting the copy) it deleted the original. After much research and noble alliances, nothing can be done.
        [1] Boards need to go to the recycling bin when deleted
        [2] "Copying" a board should mean a separate version is created
        [3] "Create portal to this board" is a better way to describe the current function offered.

Like others who have commented, this is an ESSENTIAL feature and I don;t understand why:
        1) it has received relatively few votes and
        2) the product developers don't see as a top priority.
        PLEASE attend to this glaring omission ASAP and, in the meantime, please add a confirmation step at the earliest opportunity.

to delete tasks without the ability to restore them or to be able to disable the feature for users is not audit proof and therefore a showstopper for my case.
        Additionally I am missing a unique ID displayed on the tasks which makes it easier to reference them (not just by title. Some export feature is something I also really miss - if you want to archive some history outside of Planner it would be handy as well.

Since this has been open for 2 years, is is safe to assume that we will never get this ability? Is there a way to pull this from somewhere in Office 365 admin to pull a backup, or is it built on sharepoint where we can recover? It absolutely needs the ability to provide read on access first, however, if you aren't going to do that, then provide a way to backup/recover data when a "read only" user deletes something please.

Crazy that this doesn't exist. Can't use planner without this. Using Wrike instead.

Please Please Please ... Getting desperate here, this would be a very valuable feature.

Absolutely essential. Along with the ability to prevent staff from changing dates or deleting tasks in the first place.

we need to add permission levels in planner and prevent std. users to delete a task from anothers' plans

• Sam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't believe it has been so long and MS has not acted on this feedback. This is a must-have! I can't use it without this feature... will have to use Trello.

• alan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add ability. Producing lots of support incidents.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base