How can we make Planner better?

Add Recycle for deleted tasks in Plan

Currently there is no possibility to restore deleted tasks and no option to restrict deletion. Assigned person can delete task and say after that haven't seen it.
In other case, deletion can be done by reason. Nevertheless, ability to restore is important.
Both situations can be handled by old good Recycle for deleted tasks, placed under Plan options. With ability to restore task with all important info: attaches, comments, check list etc. Restore of bucket and labels is nice to have.
Thanks, Ivan

975 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ivan B shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

121 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Elena Leone commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A bucket which included all the completed tasks (261) was accidentally deleted.
    You can imagine the consequences.
    This feature is necessary. Thanks

• Maritza Zambrano Valenzuela commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Es necesario tener una papelera de reclaje de para Planner pues los planes se borran y no hay manera de recuperarlo, no hay un log, no se sabe quien como o cuando fue eliminado y esto es importante ya que se manejan muchas tareas allí y seguimientos.

• Jerry Lin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Even though we don't have version control, but it is still very important to have at least a Recycle function to undelete the tasks or bucket.

• Jane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In streamling our Kanban process using the Planner option I deleted some team tasks and as per all the comments in this Feedback Forum I learnt the hard way that ther is not an undo or restore option, not even at the Admin level. If we were back in the 1980's I would not have been shocked but this has made a good tool almost unacceptable in the fast pace world we are living in.

• Tushar Vasantrao Khade commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add a feature to recycle deleted task from Office 365 planner. It is affecting our project plan and casting us huge damage.
    Office 365 PLanner is not a reliable one.

• Tushar Vasantrao Khade commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add a feature to recycle deleted task from Office 365 planner. Without undo deleting the task, my whole plan can get deleted by an anonymous user. Since there is no record of the history such activities goes unobservable.

• Tim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A little bit mind blowing why this is an issue. Why there is not some history of the tasks being there and who deleted it, or otherwise at minimum a recycle bin area for them to land after being "deleted". We have a PLM system with areas for Project files. We found that members could delete files and there was no recycle bin. Management put a VERY HARD AND FAST stop to that and we forced the company to immediately implement a measure to prevent this. If we were using MS Teams more, and not in a trial roll out phase, they'd be coming after Microsoft.
    Microsoft, please consider this flaw with some more urgency.

• Steve Desmond commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have just had a user whilst adding a new planner to a Team, inadvertently chose the option of using an existing plan thinking they were creating a clone they could freely change whilst leaving the original unchanged. Now having edited the new plan beyond all recognition finds out the original plan and the new one are both one and the same so we have lost all the data from the original. I did not realise there was not a restore function to a previous planner version unless I am mistaken.

• Flo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seems people are voting for a lot of new features, as they explore Planner and want new fancy stuff. Until they lose their tasks and realized they should have voted for a recycle bin first... It seems it will take a while until this post gets people's and Microsoft's attention, sadly... To MS: A recycle bin is not an extra feature: it's supposed to be working out of the box.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

After spending an hour and half inputting information/tasks, team member accidentally deleted the whole bucket. It is impossible to trust a program that we cannot depend on. Hope they add the recycle feature quickly!

cant believe i'm seeing so many features being updated to planner, and something like this most basic and critical feature is not there!

• Soren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree. This lack of a recycle bin for deleted tasks/buckets, makes Planner a disabler rather than an enabler.

Just unbeleivable that this functionality is missing. Have to switch to something else if not added ASAP.

• Christopher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

cant believe i'm seeing so many features being updated to planner, and something like this most basic and critical feature is not there!

cant share any board with anyone who can potentially delete all without and form of tractability or backup! it's utterly ridiculous to even think about it!

• Christopher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

absolutely must have feature. otherwise noone is going to put much effort on a board knowing some careless individual might delete all without possibility of blocking or restoring!

• JT Lim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a deal breaker as there is no traceability after the task is deleted!

• Usman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a very critical feature needed by my 300,000 user organization to adopt this MS feature.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base