How can we make Planner better?

I want a "Convert to Task Planner" button for emails

Most of our tasks come in via email, a simple button to convert it to a planner task would be imperative, otherwise it renders the planner a little bit pointless for us.

2,874 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Planned  ·  AdminPlanner Team (Product Manager, Planner) responded  · 

As an update, our colleagues in To-Do have delivered the ability to create tasks directly from Outlook.com!

To-Do has rolled out the Tasks Pane for Outlook.com’s Mail & Calendar, and is also the new Tasks for Outlook.com! With Planner’s & To-Do’s integration, we hope that To-Do will become a central hub for all of your personal tasks, and that switching to Planner to collaborate with others is seamless!

Here’s more information on the To-Do’s task experience within Outlook: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/using-microsoft-to-do-with-outlook-com-416865a1-0c4d-4e69-af6f-f98ffce3747c

110 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • David Linsley-Hood commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As discussed below, please include the functionality to convert an email into a planner board task, as per the functionality within Trello

• Sarah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would appreciate additional ability to add emails and attachments via both ToDo and Planner. Until this functionality is added, Planner is insufficient for the needs of a team working through Asana or Trello.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

if it converted everything (The message and attachments) it would be an amazing addition.

• PR commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Perhaps it would be more interesting to add (reverse) integration from to-do to planner.
    This is itself looks a benefit and moreover, this way you can lever the existing mail to to-do integration.
    To the user , to-do would function as the central hub for personal tasks and planner could be the place where personal tasks get shared into teams.

• Mark Alt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great that this has been added. I noticed that the category function was no longer part of To-Do. Any future plans and being able to categorize your tasks / To-do lists?

• Ulrike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be perfect if the attachments of the E-mail are added to the task as well

• Tomas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It very important. As well it must be a linked to email, not just copy text from email to create Task. I want always have possibility go fast from task to that email and answer.

• Mario Rodrigues commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I completely agree with that integration, so many tasks come to us via email and a bridge with Planner would be perfect.
    The functionality would be complete when Planner could export the tasks to a excel to let us to create statistics of our Planner tasks.

• Filipe Alves commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree! An integration between outlook and Planner is a must. We need to easily convert emails into planner tasks

If you want to beat Slack, please add this Button in Outlook, Web 265 Outlook and in Teams. Thank you!

• Phil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We've tried to migrate to Planner from Trello but really can't justify a full migration until this feature is available.

This would be used immediately. It would also help to move my team from an Email-Based service model to a Planner-Based service model.

• Roberta Blank commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seeing as this doesn't work with work accounts, I think the vast majority of users will not see this update as too beneficial.

• Matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

GREAT idea for cross task 'pollination' as it were - sometimes you need BOTH and this would be a great enhancement!

It would be very helpful to have a To-Do icon in Outlook to replace the Task icon in the lower left corner of the screen.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base