How can we improve Planner?

View All Tasks Assigned To a Single Person

Currently tasks can be viewed by Assigned To only within a particular Project. It would be helpful to search globally in Planner by Assigned To rather than having to review assignments Plan by Plan. This change would make evaluation of workloads much easier.

1,826 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Tell us more  ·  AdminPlanner Team (Admin, Planner) responded  · 

Thanks for sharing your feedback.

We would like to hear more about how you would utilize this view. If you have a particular scenario or set of teammates for which you’d like to view tasks for, please share below!

Cheers,
    The Planner Team

138 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just by the admin asking how this would be utilized shows how out of touch they are with user needs. Anyone who manages multiple personnel and projects needs this, it's so obvious it is painful

Please do this. We have been forced to give up Asana. It is now really hard to manage my team

• Deb Walther commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I created my own Project site in SharePoint, I always had this view and created a dashboard page for the end user. I used tabs where they could select between what's due, what's due in the next week, what was assigned in the past week and what's over due. This would be a helpful home page.

• RJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need to be able to see all of the tasks assigned by teams to people that report up to me. This is really important for my ability to manage people in my org (what task load are they carrying and are they completing tasks on time)

How can I do this?

• RJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I assign tasks to the same person but across multiple teams, because i work with them on multiple teams.

I need to be able to see in one place all of the tasks that i have assigned to a single person.

It is critical to see my subordinate's task on multiple projects. A must is to see another person tasks (at least thos of your subordiantes, better those task of others that have given you access. Much better will be to be able to have a "people view", a way to see the tasks of either, people that have give you access to their tasks or your subordinates.

• Alex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree that this feature is critical. My team are involved in many projects and we conduct weekly holistic reviews of each team member's accomplishments and workloads, so I would love to see a view that has all tasks for team members, even if the tasks are in other projects. Otherwise we have to cycle through many projects, even some projects I may not have tasks in but a team member does. The way we do it in JIRA is to have swimlanes by employee, but it could also be card labels or a filter.

I have a team that work across multiple Teams and projects. Each Team has a Planner.

I have a Team that includes all my colleagues and have added a weblink to tasks.microsoft.com so when we have a team call, we can all see the various projects and plans and work through, HOWEVER it would be great to search by individual and see what tasks across all the Planners that person is assigned / making progress on.

• Kenny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am a COO of a company. I'm running multiple teams. I want to see all the task progresses in the high level and manage their progress.

Absolutely need this filter, similar to "My Tasks".

As a supervisor, it is critical to be able to see what you, and others are asking of your team members.

The scenario we'd like this for is a leader who has team members working on multiple projects and therefore have tasks in multiple plans. From a resource planning perspective a leader needs an easy way to see all tasks for their people, which is currently not possible.

Agree on the above, I think this should be the easiest thing to do in the world for 0365 admins at least - simply use the exact same functionality/ layout/ view as the 'My Tasks' tab but allow 0365 admins to select not just their own tasks but anyone's. Past that point, you could separately (in version 2+) look at more sophisticated/ granular permission settings - but at the very least, global o365 admins should be allowed to view this.

• Alan Parker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a team of 15 people working across 20+ plans. To understand who is working on what at any given point, I need the ability to see tasks by person and ideally by other tags like functional team. This provides a way to see who has too many tasks, not enough tasks, overdue tasks, etc.

It should be possible to see all tasks assigned to a specific person or a group of people over more than a single plan. In a way that it is possible to plan resources over a whole department or even better over the whole company. A tool that supports that is Activity Timeline which can be used in combination with JIRA.

Even if I cannot see every plan someone is working on, the system should tell me whether or not someone is available or already booked at a specific day or even better at a specific hour of a day. And last but not least the capability to synchronize tasks with one's outlook calendar. So that anybody can see if someone is busy or not.

Since you are asking how this would be used - here's how I would use it. I manage a team of 10 people who work on multiple projects - some internal only - however, many are with external contacts as well. What I need to be able to do is... pick any name that exists in any of the Plans for which I am a member... and see all Tasks, from the Plans for which I am a member, assigned to that person. The view options should be the same as the "My tasks" view - only difference is, I'm picking a name from the list of names that own any Task on the Plans that I am a member of. I would use this to balance workload when deciding what tasks to assign to whom. I would use this during 1 on 1s with team members. Hope this helps.

I would like to see all tasks assigned to my direct reports from different plans. Reporting structure is visible in Skype, also it can be managed with help of teams 365 functionality (connect different plans to one team and to add possibility to check all assigned task for ech team member)

I am the manager and manage upto 20 Plan. I want ot see all pending activities across different plan, how do i do this? Atleast if can see pending activities against a particular agent.

Cheers,
        Vijay

Currently I can see the tasks assigned to a person on a current plan, the problem is that there is no option where I can see the tasks assigned to a member across all plans.
        Let's take for exemplo that I have 5 tasks on plan A and 3 on plan B. My supervisor should be able to see in his planner hub that I have 8 tasks assigned to me. Otherwise, I has a supervisor have to go to Plan A and count how many tasks that person has and then go to plan B and do the same again, its time consuming and not a good system. It can be displayed in the same manner has the group by person feature on the plans but it has to be across all plans and it has to be in the planner hub.

Agree with the rest of the comments, being able to see a company/team/group wide tasks and schedule is critical.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base