How can we make Planner better?

View All Tasks Assigned To a Single Person

Currently tasks can be viewed by Assigned To only within a particular Project. It would be helpful to search globally in Planner by Assigned To rather than having to review assignments Plan by Plan. This change would make evaluation of workloads much easier.

2,906 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Tell us more  ·  AdminPlanner Team (Product Manager, Planner) responded  · 

Thanks for sharing your feedback.

We would like to hear more about how you would utilize this view. If you have a particular scenario or set of teammates for which you’d like to view tasks for, please share below!

Cheers,
The Planner Team

334 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Ken Farmer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a crucial feature for Managers. The ability to view/report on ALL tasks across ALL plans. Just like the "My Tasks" feature in Planner, add the ability to see All Tasks.

• Jeddore commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding myself as another voice for this feature. I would love to see an option similar to My Tasks, but for whoever you choose. Eg. As a manager, I want to see ALL of Employee 1's projects, sorted by Due Date. This would allow me to better manage their workload.

• Raj commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In a large group, there are several project owners that are running separate scrums for their projects. However, it would be useful for manager to get a "Overall" planner that details all the work that is currently being sprinted on. For example, in a MS Teams, you can have several channels under one team, but there's no way to create an aggregate planner that can summarize all the planners in all channels under one team.

• William Seldon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I could use a feature like this. I participate 2-3 different SCRUM workgroups, there is no way for my manager to do a look across to see what my workload is. Without a better way to look across for person load and have a calendar with multiple project plans, this application is too much like individual worker silos.

• Amy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We use Teams to manage projects. I'm involved with many different "teams", as are my colleagues. Only viewing my task for one project at a time does not give my manager an overview of my workload. I agree that it would be much more helpful if you could view all tasks for any user across all teams.

• Enrique commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree that this functionality is basic and should be available, also in Teams, this limits remarkably the use of Planner

• Jurjen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We work remotely and need to see status of other team members progress. Not having the option to see tasks of other team members is a big handicap. I'm would like a view similar to "My Tasks" but where you can choose any individual on your team. Please make this feature available!

• Andre Arcand commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also think that planner should be tightly integrated to Dynamics 365 so any task created in Dynamics CRM should be maintained in Planner.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey, don't make it complicate, the wish was simple. I have the same: In our team meetings we first check tasks by projects but by the end I'd like to crosscheck und priorise the tasks of every member.

• Paul Taverna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I currently encourage my teammates to use the "My Tasks" view to view all tasks across all projects that are assigned to you. As a manager, it would be very helpful to have this capability with each member on my team. This would allow me to view all the tasks that an individual is working on, regardless of which plan it is in. Thanks!

• Kevin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Without the ability to archive completed plans currently, being able to see atleast all plans a person has assigned tasks in would greatly aid in worklooad scheduling and tracking. From this list it could then be simple to drill-down to see the actual tasks within a plan a person is working on instead of having to open many, many completed plans to find the current plans someone has tasks actually assigned.

• Gareth Andrews commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a team & project manager I need to know who has capacity to perform tasks or is currently under utilised

• Lhutton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be extremely helpful!
    We are a iomebuilder using Teams/Planner to coordinate several hundred individual projects (teams). Some team members are part of all teams, wherras others are assigned to specific teams.

As a manager it would br helpful to see a snapshot of a specific team member’s assigned tasks (due date, progress, etc) across all teams.

At present the only person who can see all tasks assigned is that team member (gor theor own tasks).

• Joao Barbosa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a Team Manager, I need to check what tasks my employees have acroos the various projects..

Our leader would like to pull all tasks assigned to one person to see their workload and progress across multiple projects at once.

• Michael Pointeai commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Business case, as Team Manager delivering to Business Departments to cover their Service Request/Change Requests I need to have:
    -A view as a Manager/Project/Program Manager that will allow me to view all Tasks assigned to designated Project-Planner Team (set of persons involved across multiple projects-planner)
    -A mean to share status 'publicly' to relevant Business Department partners.

• Jose Diaz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Urgently need a view to properly administer the many people in our firm that are working in different "plans" (projects internally) for clients. I may have one prograrmer, that is actively working in different plans and has different tasks. I, as manager of the company, need the ability to be able to visualize my whole team and the tasks in which they are working for each plan. URGENTLY!!!

Unfortunatly we're thinking about switching to another plateforme because of this missing important feature.

Concur-I'd like to know what else employee is working on so I can know whether assigned due date is realistic.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 16 17

Feedback and Knowledge Base