Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Planner?

View All Tasks Assigned To a Single Person

Currently tasks can be viewed by Assigned To only within a particular Project. It would be helpful to search globally in Planner by Assigned To rather than having to review assignments Plan by Plan. This change would make evaluation of workloads much easier.

2,545 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Tell us more  ·  AdminPlanner Team (Admin, Planner) responded  · 

Thanks for sharing your feedback.

We would like to hear more about how you would utilize this view. If you have a particular scenario or set of teammates for which you’d like to view tasks for, please share below!

Cheers,
    The Planner Team

256 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the biggest failing of planner as a manager. My team works across multiple plans and I struggle to get a single view of what’s on their plate.

The requirement is easy. I need the same view as my tasks where I can select a single team member or group of team members where I am the project owner.

How important is this? I am about to drop planner and look for another web product that can be a tab in my teams.

Couldn't agree more - planner is brilliant for assigning tasks as all of our team is part-time and working at different times of the week..... but as a manager it would be so helpful to see who has what on their plate to manage the workload throughout the team more effectively.

I think an option to see an individual's or group's tasks would help me enormously.

• Neil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the biggest failing of planner as a manager. My team works across multiple plans and I struggle to get a single view of what’s on their plate.

The requirement is easy. I need the same view as my tasks where I can select a single team member or group of team members where I am the project owner.

How important is this? I am about to drop planner and look for another web product that can be a tab in my teams.

• Rogelio Mata commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A very needed view for any manager with several projects to view at a glance what the team members are assigned to, in which projects they are working, and their status.

• Aidan Wick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

From a non-management level, adding a way for my manager to more easily see my tasks across all my boards would be very useful so I can show them exactly what I'm working on and how far along it is

• Kirsten commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Managers here want an easier way to view tasks assigned to their direct reports. They want to see a consolidated dashboard and to click on a direct report's name and see one aggregated list of tasks for that person.

• Ricardo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm surprised that there is no consolidated dashboard of all of my team's tasks! Microsoft, you are late on this one!

• Sven Scheele commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey Planner Team, thank you for the great work so far.
        In my particular scenario i would like to have a manager see the planner tasks of his/her direct reports.
        Actually i was trying to achieve this with Graph, but there seems no way to query the assignmens apart from your own.
        (GET /users/{id}/planner/tasks) does not work appart from your own user ID)

Dear Planner Team,

I have 7-10 Plans, which are assigned to few Countries. One of my peer is involved in few of them and when we have our calls, would be very supportive to have a chance make a quick check which tasks are assigned to the person and what is the status - simple list of his/her tasks with possibility to sort by Due Date, Label, Plans, etc.

• Michel Kennis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this dates from August 2016. And still in status 'tell us more'? I really want to use planner, but without this I can't. I need to be able to see the workload of my team by team member.A solution would be that in Groups you can add the 'My tasks' of all members. It would be OK if all these members have to give their approval

As a manager, I would really like to be able to see not just my task list, but the task lists of the people in my group. It would be great if they were in the same Kanban (To Do, Doing, Done) format as My Tasks.

Missing the possibility to check the total workload of my staff ACROSS DIFFERENT PLANS is a major disadvantage.

This would apply to Project Leaders, Team Leaders or any Manager position. It would be great to see an overview of resource allocation either globally or for any particular team to help judge department or team workload and efficiency. The "Charts" view in MS Teams ticks some of this box, but is limited to a single plan. An advancement to this view in Planner to show all Teams or all Projects within a specifc team would be very valuable.

• M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need a team member view to review current task loading and completion.

• Rob Kaiser commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 This is crucial for a supervisor to see what a person is doing across all of their channels. Not having it is a total surprise. We were in a meeting trying to balance workloads, and could not find a way to call up what is one everyone's plate all at once. Basecamp was pretty good at that kind of flexibility.

I think this is pretty obvious too - Not sure how much you need to hear!

The main reason I can't use this, is because I can't view what the whole team are doing on a task by task basis. I'm not going to waste time going to every plan and taking an extract.

thanks,

← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13

Feedback and Knowledge Base