Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Planner?

View All Tasks Assigned To a Single Person

Currently tasks can be viewed by Assigned To only within a particular Project. It would be helpful to search globally in Planner by Assigned To rather than having to review assignments Plan by Plan. This change would make evaluation of workloads much easier.

2,415 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Tell us more  ·  AdminPlanner Team (Admin, Planner) responded  · 

Thanks for sharing your feedback.

We would like to hear more about how you would utilize this view. If you have a particular scenario or set of teammates for which you’d like to view tasks for, please share below!

Cheers,
    The Planner Team

231 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it would be useful for managers. I want to know what my teams tasks are per person across all projects, so I can help prioritize the tasks

• JONATHAN FOURNIER commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a classic requirement for project management software. You must have a "project" view, as well as a "ressource" view. Heck, you offer this in your own software; MsProject!

Planner is currently interesting for project managers, but totally useless to departmental leaders.

I hope this is high on your list!

• Dat AU DUONG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In Jira, you can create a board where you can see each user with outstanding task (Very Good Feature for Manager/Team Leader).

In Planner Web, you can see all your favorited plan individually, but it would be great to see all the plan as a whole.

Moving the Charts > Members into the Planner Hub Dashboard, from Individual Plan.

Function in Web and Desktop Planner is not consistent, you can't see Planner Hub in Planner Desktop App, integrated inside Team.

• Brian Kenny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is something we would love to see implemented asap as we are now using planner for group meetings.
        Ideally, from the Managers 'My Tasks' screen, if s/he could select any team member from a dropdown to show their tasks in the same format.

Every week I am doing a review of tasks per each person from my team. Personalized view per each member for the team will be very useful

I would use the feature for my direct reports, to manage their work loads ....also to manage up and make the case for additional resource when needed.

Some poor souls take on more and more work until the quality of their output drops. If I can see how the work is distributed I can make sure the load is spread fairly. When really busy I need to be able to make a case for additional resource but of course were it’s hard to find the time to identify the outstanding work. Reports per person would identify the backlog and need.

• Donald Lawrie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We would use this to get visibility or out team members' tasks that are on multiple boards. This is one of Planner's biggest failings as a workflow tool.

• Ryan Robinson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To answer the "Tell Us More", this is something that would come up a lot for us. Team leads want to know what the people they are supervising are working on, across all their projects. Others want to know what our workloads look like to estimate when we can get around to that thing they're waiting on, or when we can start another project they're starting to get into the pipeline.

I agree. We critically need this feature to be able to get an overview of each other's tasks and of people we are supervising.

Using Teams, our users are active in dozens of channels/plans at a time. It is critical to be able to see a broad view of all tasks assigned to any user, across all plans, and then drill down into those tasks. Critical to manage load, activity, progress.

• Adriano Weschenfelder commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If in "Planner Hub" we can filter tasks by "user, date, color, etc" would be amazing and very simple to plan the work priorities.

• Petr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with the other people's comments. Pls add this option ASAP. thanks!

• Beau Moreau commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If more than one plan is utilized, there is no way a manager can view or prioritize an individuals tasks order “prioritization”. In a meeting it would be useful to see all tasks assigned to an individual. This is already possible for each person separately under my tasks. It needs to be added to the filter. Possibly by added an all plan options to the filter.

At our company everyone is part of many smaller projects. Thus project leaders need to have the ability to check their teammembers capacity. Without the function of checking out the team members personal task overview a efficent task deligance cannot be realized.
        Otherwise tasks are delegated to persons which are more than overloaded in another project already.

I have the same problem, as a team leader managing work load across Plans. Active Collab has a simple but useful view, where all tasks are grouped by team member.

https://activecollab.com/blog/assets/images/posts/newmedia-testimonial.png

I imagine this view is only useful for smaller companies/groups though, otherwise it becomes unwieldy, but a view per Group might solve this.

• Ian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to see what my staff have to do for their supervisions

• Simon Jude commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We also need the ability to see all tasks by date, user or group... again its more for management visibility

← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12

Feedback and Knowledge Base