Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Planner?

View All Tasks Assigned To a Single Person

Currently tasks can be viewed by Assigned To only within a particular Project. It would be helpful to search globally in Planner by Assigned To rather than having to review assignments Plan by Plan. This change would make evaluation of workloads much easier.

2,106 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Tell us more  ·  AdminPlanner Team (Admin, Planner) responded  · 

Thanks for sharing your feedback.

We would like to hear more about how you would utilize this view. If you have a particular scenario or set of teammates for which you’d like to view tasks for, please share below!

Cheers,
    The Planner Team

186 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Tessa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is this available yet - can't see any response from the planner team since March!!!!!

• David Carpenter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hold performance dialogs with my team members every two weeks. I need a way to see what tasks they have been assigned across all boards. That way I can review their status on each without having to open each and every current plan.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i am departement manager and need to see who is working on what, in all boards. There is no way to select one people and see all active task and preview futur charge trouble or late task to deal with

This view would look very similar to the My Tasks view but for any selected persons of the team.

From a management an Employee / consultant can be assigned to multiple Projects which then has multiple tasks. It would ideal to have visibility into a view of All Tasks across all Projects that we are involved with. Then having the visibility to view that by person so that can see who has to many open tasks etc.

Planner is close but unfortunately not quite up to the task. It should be possible to sort tasks by assignee. Planner is quite deficient without this.

We have multiple projects across multiple teams - it is frustrating that there is no view for managers to see tasks across all projects, both by assigned person and due date.

• Brandon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a crippling feature of Planner... I cannot see what my staff is working on completely.
        Clicking through each client to see individually is time consuming and really not viable for the long term. We are considering switching project management tools based on this missing feature alone.

Think we will go back to Trello. Should as a team be able to see all tasks on a project. That way if something hasn't been done, it can just be picked up and run with by someone else.

As a manager it is important that I am able to understand the workload assigned to each individual in my team. Currently I have to ask each team member to show me their "My Tasks" view. There should be the option for me to view all tasks assigned to an individual across all channels.

As a manager I would like to look at an individual to see all the tasks assigned to him/her. This way I have the ability to review with the individual in one-on-one meetings without having to know or remember all of the individual projects he/she is working

• Lance commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Example: Bob Smith reports to Susie Jones who reports to me. I should be able to go to the Planner Hub and select either Bob or Susie and get a view of all the tasks which are assigned to them. This view would look very similar to the My Tasks view, but it would be for other people. It should be limited to those people that are in my reporting structure, but I'm not sure that is a must if it makes this harder to achieve. At least not in our shop.

• Oz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I manage people who work across several business functions which each have their own Plan. The tool is fantastic, apart from being able to review all the tasks assigned to an individual in one place.

For my department we have a top level Microsoft Team, with different channels for our active projects. Each of those channels have a Planner tab to track the status of that project but keeps all projects under the top level team. My team members have tasks assigned to them across all the different plans and can see all of the tasks assigned to them by clicking on "My Tasks" which is great for individual productivity but our VP would like to see the tasks for all team members across all Plans. Having a method to see the workload of everyone on the Team would be very beneficial.

The lack of this feature is why we are going to start using Asana despite the hassle it will cause. We have multiple team members working on multiple projects and it is critical that we are able to get a view of the workload across the team.

• Leon Como commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is important for project managers running several projects and sharing resources across different projects. We need to see the workload of each member across the board.

A related feature -- supporting the management of a group of people working on many tasks across many projects -- would be to allow that the emails that are already being sent to the assigned person advising of task due dates approaching or overdue, could also be configured to be sent to another email (maybe specifiable in the task).

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10

Feedback and Knowledge Base