Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Planner?

add dates to checklists

Ascribe a date to the items in a checklist, as at the moment there is only the task timeline that is available. It would help to breakdown the expectations associated with a task especially if it would be pointless to spread it across multiple cards.

119 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

David Bracegirdle shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Graham Brides commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need to be able to assign certain dates to each stage of a task (for metric / reporting purposes), I was going to use the checklist to do this but I cannot seem to export that data. I could also use the date that the bucket changed however that info does not seem to be available either?

• Ryan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be good to also date stamp the time that the item was marked as complete.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be more useful if dates can be added to checklist. Alternative can be to create subtask, or link one task to a parent.

I agree. The ability to add and sort checklist items by dates would be very useful.

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A due date on the check list would be perfect. With the ability to show on a calendar would be great.

This is a big one for me too! This will allow for better timeline management of specific tasks that shouldn't be broken down into individual cards.

• Marc Rush commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree. The checklist needs to be more robust. Tasks are small projects that we categorize into buckets. The checklist should document the action items needed to complete the task. Who is each assigned to? Start & stop dates. Planned & actual. I don't need Microsoft Project, but the checklist would be more helpful if it had a few more features.

Feedback and Knowledge Base