How can we improve Planner?

Due date notification

If a task is late (the due date has passed), please make sure to send a notification to both the owner and anyone related to the task (coworkers, team leader,...).

3,154 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

YoavYoav shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

73 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello, can we make sure participants receive a note on a task late or almost late? Can we also make sure they receive a note when they are allocated a task? Thanks

If the due date is changed, then the comment section should automatically be updated on who changed the due date and when was it changed like history.

• VitoVito commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hellow Planner Team . Any updates on the due date notification development ?

• ChristopheChristophe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello, any news on this development ?

If not, could you make a Flow for that and share it ?

Many thanks for your quick reply

I'll add to the thread....having a 'task due/task overdue' notification sent to the assigned person would be beneficial.
        Having this editable for when the notification can be sent would help as well. In the same way that I can set a meeting reminder in Outlook to remind me 15 min, 30 min, 1 day, etc. prior to the meeting, this could work the same way as a default to:
        TASK DUE IN ONE DAY
        TASK DUE TODAY
        TASK OVERDUE

Thank you! Hope there is progress made on this feature sooner than later!

• Sue KimSue Kim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, I agree, we really need an email notification for due dates (we also need to be able to sort tasks by due date).

For the notifications, I would vote for fewer: due in one week, due in one day, and then one day overdue.

THanks!

• JonJon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Planner Team - What's the status on this feature? Will we have the functionality to create our own specific notification interval? It would be great to be notified more than 7 days before something is due, in the event we totally forgot about the task... etc.

my users are asking for reminder notifications for the set due date. also if group by due date is removed, please note that it was an important feature and i request to add it back.

• GilbertGilbert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The difference between an upcoming Task with impending Date Due vs. a TASK that is Late.
        We need a way to view all tasks with upcoming Due Dates, BEFORE they become Late.

• GilbertGilbert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Prior to the O365:Planner update 07/25/17
        In the CHART view, the option to GROUP by (DUE DATE). This was very helpful as it displayed all tasks in descending order based on date the task is due. Please bring this function back.

• Ryan HumbleRyan Humble commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a great feature. I would like to have the ability to customize notifications for tasks. Some tasks I would want a notification everyday building up to the due date, others I might just need one on day of the due date.

• Aravind SureshAravind Suresh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Mandatory - at least for what is due today and on every day that the task is overview. Additional notifications could be selected by user.

To suggestions to improve Planner:

1. Task Due Date notifications (either through out look or some other manner)
        2. Some type of search function. If you have a lot of task in a plan it becomes difficult to find them or to see if one might be duplicated.

And did you really just take out sorting by Due Date? If so, why would you do that?

• ThaoThao commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes. It would be nice to use Planner to put in expiration of various software maintenance and have a reminder prior to the expiration so I can get the process started with the vendor

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base