How can we improve Planner?

Due date notification

If a task is late (the due date has passed), please make sure to send a notification to both the owner and anyone related to the task (coworkers, team leader,...).

2,403 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

YoavYoav shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  Planner TeamAdminPlanner Team (Admin, Planner) responded  · 

Thank you for all the feedback. We plan to build a feature that will send due date notifications daily for tasks that are due at various intervals (due in 7 days, due in 3 days, due tomorrow, due today, 1 day overdue etc). How many days before or after (for late tasks) would you like to be notified about tasks that are due? Let us know in the comments.

Thanks!

49 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Hugo St-JeanHugo St-Jean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

E-mail are send into private group mail box. My team would prefer to have this notification into their own inbox. It would be more convenient for us

• BecBec commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please add due date notifications with options about how much notification you would like e.g. 1 day, 3 days, 1 week. This is the only way I can truly rely on this program, otherwise I have to duplicate it in my calendar anyway.

• Samantha GleesonSamantha Gleeson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Notifications for upcoming due dates and overdue tasks would be better than just overdue ones because you could prevent the task from becoming overdue.

• David NicholsDavid Nichols commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES! I set Due Dates on some of my apps... and found that I missed dates because I got no notification about it.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also if the due date is approaching f. e. in one week / 3 days, you would get a notification or alert.

• Avi MizrahiAvi Mizrahi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To add to this - The ability to turn on reminder notifications x # of days prior to due date.

Absolute must have, alerting on tasks. How else are people supposed to know they have tasks?

• Joe S.Joe S. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be great to be able to customize the notifications such that the PM can select when the assigned resource gets notifications (eg, on due date, 1 day before due, 2 days before due). The email should have a link not only to the task in planner, but also to any document/ file that may be included in the task.

This came up in July and notifications are still not an option. Seems silly since some of your computers (Asana) is free and does it.

I started using the planner solely for this option of reminders. And it seems it's not there

• Phil BranniganPhil Brannigan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Lots of comments saying how essential it is. I agree. Some people will go to Planner and look at the dashboards, but you're always going to have people on a project who aren't going to do that. Email is the only way to remind them they need to do something.

• DataData commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a very important feature to have. Not sure why it is not included?

• DanielDaniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If a task is due (two days before its due date) be sure to send a notification to all members of that plan, so there is reaction time.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base