Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Planner?

Due date notification

If a task is late (the due date has passed), please make sure to send a notification to both the owner and anyone related to the task (coworkers, team leader,...).

3,648 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Yoav shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

112 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there documentation on this feature anywhere? Do I only get an email the day after it was due? Do I get an email Every day after something was due until it's completed? Is any of that configurable?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

can we change the notification timings to change it to requirement of the organization

Tested this overnight and it's working fine. Thank you so much for releasing.
        Would like localisation of the dates in the email because at the moment it's in MM/DD/YY format. This will cause confusion for my UK users.
        Also it would be good to be able to set the frequency of notification emails to e.g. once a week rather than once a day, I will post this as a suggestion

• jeff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adoption ms Adoption.... How to use it ? Working on phone too ?

• Matt McAdams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is good news, but could the Admins tell us where this is at? I can't find it in Planner.

• Jools commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Too late - already switched to Trello because of date formatting problems

Does anyone know if this means there will now be push notifications on the planner app for Android/iPhone?

• Maciej Rozanski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There has been a new option added to notify when a task is late, due today, or due in the next 7 days.

• Gary Parke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I got an email today saying I had some over due tasks and some upcoming ones. Maybe it started rolling out?

Please can we have an estimated release date. I love planner and am holding back a roll out across our organisation until this feature is implemented. Also agree with David below about needing localisation of dates to UK format please

• David Cooper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

can we ensure that the dates on emails or notifications are in country specific format. Our users are getting confused as it is only showing dates in US format.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base