How can we improve Planner?

Copy a task

Need the ability to copy a task, including the checklists and other items within the task. This would allow one to set up a template task, then create many tasks using that template task. This is a different request than the many copy suggestions that have been made already.

1,335 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Scott shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

112 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jeff Rosser commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is not useful as implemented as you can’t copy tasks to different channels. Come on MS, think about this for more that 1ns. How would a use use Planner to manage multiple projects? In the same channel? Really?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Will you develop the ability to copy an entire plan and related tasks to a new Plan with the ability to just rename the new copied plan? I badly need this function otherwise Planner is rendered useless for me.

• Søren Jørgensen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Microsoft, in order to use Planner in a more complete way, i suggest you to get some more done.... This tool should act more like the Trello.com. issue is that Trello is not approved for our business so we need to go with the Planner in a secure way... Please don´t think you are aware of how much value planner could add to many business....

• Kevin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Provide the ability to "Copy to Bucket" instead of copying it into the current bucket and then having to move it to the destination bucket.

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need to copy a bucket, or an entire page. Or highlight multiple tasks. Anything to keep me from copying task by task

• Heather commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a good start, but still doesn't get to our needs. At a minimum we need the ability to copy an entire bucket of tasks and create a new bucket within a plan.

• Jacob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be supremely useful if this ability was extended to Flows so that I could kick off a Flow to copy a task and assign it to a user.

what about the ability to paste the task?? There doesn't appear to be that option within Planner.

• Jeff Ahrstrom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'll echo the many, many other comments about the deep need to easily duplicate an entire plan or utilize templates.
        Our order entry process moves across departments and incorporates remote sales teams. This would be a perfect application for templates or at least a duplication feature.

• Tim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When will the entire group of task in the planner be able to be used as a plan template for other plans or teams?

• Damon Edmondson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This doesn't address the need. Sorry guys, but it doesn't. We need to be able to copy and replicate whole PLANS

Templates are preferred since I'm using Flow to generate a task and i'd like that task to be a specific template.

• Albert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Constantly get this error message when attempting to copy a task:

We couldn't create task "XXXXXXX". Please try again later. Technical details
        Correlation ID: 15d5fdec-7ef2-41ec-a409-c4ae40aeb941
        Time Stamp: Wed, 18 Oct 2017 18:10:05 GMT

• Marc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you for including this. Is it also possible to cope multiple task to another basket?

Same question. How can we paste the task into other planners? We need the ability to copy a task to a different Plan, please. Or copy a Plan. The ability to copy a task only within a single Plan has very limited use. Please update us on progress for being able to copy a task a a new Plan or a different Plan. Thank you

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base