Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Planner?

Copy a task

Need the ability to copy a task, including the checklists and other items within the task. This would allow one to set up a template task, then create many tasks using that template task. This is a different request than the many copy suggestions that have been made already.

1,334 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Scott shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

124 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I spent like 15 minutes trying to figure out what happens after I perform the "Copy task" action the way it's implemented. Until I noticed that I have multiple copies of the same task in the same bucket. :)

I thought the point of the request was to be able to copy a task to a different plan. Currently, a more appropriate name for the action would be "Duplicate task", I guess.

• Chibs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

NAH. not a thing. It still needs to be more intuitive and have less error messages like; 'couldn't create a task: Error ABCD'. It should be an option when I right-click. And I should be able to copy it to multiple buckets, not one bucket at a time. Come on people

• Gail commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you introduce a way to manage repeatable tasks. My team has a number of different tasks that need to be completed on different days, and repeated each week. It would be great to have a central tool i.e. planner, to help them keep track of what tasks have been done and by who, without the need to create new tasks.

• AdminAdmin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Since anyone in my O365 organization can delete any plan or task in the organization, can you enable 'copy plan' just you have 'copy task'...that way we can back up plans periodically to prevent accidental (or deliberate) deletions. a poor-man's RBAC if you will.

Is there a way to copy/duplicate a bucket for repetitive tasks that date just changes on?

• Argo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have 10 out of 12 tasks and some buckets that I need to copy across 18 projects. Do I need to manually create those in each project? Doesnt seem like there is a functionality currently to copy paste across projects. Seems useless without this feature and I see in below comments I am not the only one

• Argo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have 10 out of 12 tasks that I need to copy across 18 projects. Do I need to manually create those in each project? Doesnt seem like there is a functionality currently to copy paste across projects. Seems useless without this feature and I see in below comments I am not the only one

• Gemma commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need to be able to copy tasks or LINK tasks on different plans. We end up with duplication of tasks across teams

I know this has already been noted, but whilst you can copy a task, how do you actually paste what you've copied?!?

• Jeff Rosser commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is not useful as implemented as you can’t copy tasks to different channels. Come on MS, think about this for more that 1ns. How would a use use Planner to manage multiple projects? In the same channel? Really?

Will you develop the ability to copy an entire plan and related tasks to a new Plan with the ability to just rename the new copied plan? I badly need this function otherwise Planner is rendered useless for me.

• Søren Jørgensen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Microsoft, in order to use Planner in a more complete way, i suggest you to get some more done.... This tool should act more like the Trello.com. issue is that Trello is not approved for our business so we need to go with the Planner in a secure way... Please don´t think you are aware of how much value planner could add to many business....

• Kevin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Provide the ability to "Copy to Bucket" instead of copying it into the current bucket and then having to move it to the destination bucket.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base