Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Planner?

Allow Tasks to be moved between Plans/Boards.

Currently you can only move Tasks to different Buckets within a Plan/Board. It would be very useful to be able to also copy or move them to different Plans/Boards that you are a member of.

4,260 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Antony shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  AdminPlanner Team (Admin, Planner) responded  · 

Thank you for your feedback! We’ve improved the ‘Copy task’ dialogue so you can chose a different plan to send a copy of a task to! We’ll be exploring and expanding the ways in which you and your team can organize work in Planner, and hope this will be a helpful step forward.

Here’s an article to learn more about this feature: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=872349

Let us know what you think below! Thanks again for taking the time to vote for this idea.

Cheers,

The Planner Team

450 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice to be able to promote a bucket in a plan to its own plan - much like promoting a checklist item to a task.

• Nate Klingerman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with other recent comments, a move feature is still needed. Copy can be useful, but there are many scenarios where move is much more appropriate.

• Bruce commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Admin, please change status back to Incomplete, since Copy is not anything like Move. Move results in one task, with complete history, attachments, comments, etc. in a new place. Copy is indeed useful. But Move is needed too.

• Juan Arraztoa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is done. You have to open the task, click on to top right 3-dots and select "copy task", Then you can choose in which plan you want to copy the task at.

• Marek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is not completed. There is no possibility to move tasks between plans.

• Vicki commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree this is not "COMPLETED" as the move is incomplete to the new Plan.

• Vijay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can a Exchange 2013 mail enabled public folder task can be migrated to Office 365 Planner.

Also - the way we are hoping to use Planner - really need to be able to move whole lists/buckets between plans - is that in the works?

The real solution for our use case is to have plan templates - so that frequently repeated projects can have standard set of lists already established. Copying lists/buckets makes it possible to "hack" this use case by copying each relevant list, but template would be the real solution. Is this in the works?

• Matt Branch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is definitely progress to have a 'copy' feature to another plan but the title of the improvement request is to to "Move" between plans. A major gap is all of the comments that show the history of the updates to the task do not copy so that the copy in the new location is incomplete causing the need to keep the same task in the old location and link to it somehow to retain the history. Also, attachments / links not moving also creates alot of manual work to truly "Move" the task to a different plan. I agree that this item should not be considered "Completed" as of yet.

OK, we have this now. Thanks.
        And now we want more:
        1) Move of buckets between plans
        2) Drag and drop for both tasks and buckets.

Looking forward to this.

• Daniel Furlaneto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear All.

Honestly, I was hoping to move the task dragging and dropping, instead of copying and deleting the previous one.

Although it is a significant improvement, I believe we can't say the requested feature is completed.

Regards

• Grant commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you! I see you can't copy labels and assignments, and that makes sense, because they might not be standard. It seems that attachments should be possible, but I don't use them much, so no worries.

Attachments don't go along with the copy? Without them the new copy feature has minimal use.

It's great this feature has been implemented, but would ask they you allow attachments to be copied

← Previous 1 3 4 5 22 23

Feedback and Knowledge Base