How can we improve Planner?

Allow Tasks to be moved between Plans/Boards.

Currently you can only move Tasks to different Buckets within a Plan/Board. It would be very useful to be able to also copy or move them to different Plans/Boards that you are a member of.

2,220 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AntonyAntony shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

257 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • IanIan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. This is a must have for me. It causes additional work/time to redo.

• KerstinKerstin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would make my work so much easier. I often put tasks in a planner and the later realize that it should be in another of my planners.

• IanIan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Moved all my Trello tasks to planner... Then hit the plan limits.... then realised you can't move tasks between plans.

The addition of this would be extremely useful! The only way for me to work without this is on one plan. Unfortunately, I can't to that due to aforementioned limits!

• HBHB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please think about this item, it would greatly enhance its possibilities!

• AntonioEBAntonioEB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wish to have a plan "GTD - Capture" only to capture ideas/tasks/etc for to move to another plan or delegate it or remove it, in a GTD process.

• DaveDave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes for me here - backup / restore would be great too if you need to delete a group and recreate it with a different email address

• StefanStefan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the only top five request Microsoft does not even "think about". Seems that the users' efforts requesting this feature are in vain.

• davedave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Moving tasks from plan to plan would be super helpful! It takes too much time to have to create a task, then recreate the same task in another plan...

• DavidDavid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree that this is a basic feature that needs to be added, something Trello does as a matter of course. It seems a logical process that should be added to make this tool usable. Including auto numbering tasks, this is a simple feature used (and extremely useful) in Trello.

• Matt BrookerMatt Brooker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please add this feature. Very annoying as right now have to delete and re enter it it new board.

• Carl BichelCarl Bichel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be extremely useful. I so often need to move things from one board to another. In some cases I would like to have it in both, but maybe that wuold be hard,

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Moving tasks to another plan is for us a significant issue because different teams needs to work with moving tasks.
        When will it be possible?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13

Feedback and Knowledge Base