Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Planner?

Allow re-ordering of tasks and items in checklists

Drag and drop or some other method of changing order of tasks and items in checklists

I like to think tasks higher in a list need to be done first, Planner doesn't have any method for prioritizing so at least let us manually move things around so they make sense, more generally allow tasks to be linked so we can optionally make some tasks dependent on other tasks, that order can be displayed either as an ordered list or better if the dependencies were visually apparent using some other means.

96 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also add a dropdown in the "create checklist" field for a task so that you can select other tasks for the checklist so they can have "predecessor" options for other task to be completed in order to complete that task

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree - just allowing a re-ordering (maybe add a column for 'order' to the checklist?) would help a lot. If I later think of steps that need to come first I can't put them first.

Also the "promote" (up-arrow) button that is already there would seem to me to be how you'd move something up in the checklist - but no; it changes the checklist item to its own task! Please PUT THAT IN THE TOOLTIP when you mouse over. thanks.

• Michael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This seems to be a browser limitation -- Safari 10.0.1 does not allow for click and drag re-ordering (or any sort of re-ordering).
        Tested in Firefox and it works.

• lowen87 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be nice if there was a "descending/ascending" button to automatically sort by task name.

• TJ Flemings commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can reorder tasks by dragging them up and down in a bucket. They can be displayed in any order you like

Feedback and Knowledge Base