How can we improve Planner?

Create task by sending an email to the Plan

Currently, when a task is created in a "Plan" there is an associated group and group email address for that "Plan". If a user was to comment on a task, an email is sent to the group. Likewise if the recipient of that email replies to it, the comment appears in the task. Would it be possible to Send a new email to the "Plan" email address to create a task with the subject line of that email being the task name and the email's content being the description?

723 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Joseph M. Honea shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

46 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Inez Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The current Flow of 365 email to a planner task only allows a subject line. Content from the email as the description is a minimum so I can come back to it later in the day & add all the details

• Kay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should be a feature, you could set up a support@yourcompany.com which redirects to a teams mail that automatically makes support tickets that can be assigned. It would save a lot of time!

• Jonas Lindgren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please Microsoft developers, where are you? This can't be too hard for you to set up. Or is this feature in collision with another Microsoft software?
        Please give us feedback.

• Peter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

This is actually possible to setup with Flow, but I agree it should be a native feature of Planner.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was considering switching to Planner from Trello, but unless there's some very easy integration between email and creating tasks, that's a total dealbreaker for me. I'll stick to Trello for now, if a solid integration that doesn't require coding comes around I'll reconsider.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Could someone from the dev team please provide an update to those of us who have cared enough to vote and post a comment. As so many have mentioned, you are losing a significant amount of potential organizational adoption by not providing an easy way to turn an email into a Planner card. You even own both products and could seemingly have an unparalleled integrated solution unlike Trello.

• Fleur commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We don't currently use Trello - but reading these comments has me convinced that we need to. Unless Microsoft can make Planner as good.
        Microsoft Planner Team - any feedback???

• Alicia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi guys,
        We are using Trello and won't move over to Planner until this is capable. Can you provide an update on how to do this?

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do agree this is a must prenventing to switch from Trello to Planner

As this issue is around for months, it would be great to have an update from the development team
        Should we wait or should we drop ?

Thanking you in advance

• WMH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How was this missed? Also, tasks should be visible in the calendar...come on guys...competitive landscape 101

• John Oglesby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Cannot convert from Trello to Planner without this feature. Please give us some idea of whether and when this feature might be made available.

• Christophe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitively the main missing feature that prevents us to jump from Trello to Planner...

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base