Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Planner?

Create task by sending an email to the Plan

Currently, when a task is created in a "Plan" there is an associated group and group email address for that "Plan". If a user was to comment on a task, an email is sent to the group. Likewise if the recipient of that email replies to it, the comment appears in the task. Would it be possible to Send a new email to the "Plan" email address to create a task with the subject line of that email being the task name and the email's content being the description?

1,204 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Joseph M. Honea shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Scheduled  ·  AdminPlanner Team (Admin, Planner) responded  · 

We’re in the process of finalizing designs for a Planner add-in for Outlook. From the add-in, users will be able to create tasks for Planner without having to leave their inbox. The email subject and body will autofill as the task title and description, respectively, and users will have the ability to set plan, bucket and assignees . We appreciate your feedback and patience and look forward to this first step in what we hope to be a greater integration with Outlook!

112 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Aidan Wick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't think the current Scheduled post is adequate for addressing this request. Allowing a plan to accept emails from the Planner side would allow other email apps that wouldn't get the add-in to be able to send to Planner too.

• Jonathan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If someone responds in that original email thread is that email thread linked to that task?

• Ryan Robinson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I set up a Flow to get at least a partial solution to this. If I flag an email in my inbox, it creates a Planner task in a general Planner board, with the body as the description, assigned to me, due date of the next day, etc. It definitely could be better, e.g. if I could choose which plan to put it into, but it at least gets all my to-do list into one place.

• Adam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would love to have this added to planner and save me and my team investing in an alternative application. Is it nearly here?

• Murray commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With this. I would like to decide if the email should create a new task or append/add to an existing task. A lot of emails I get are status updates or additional information/requirements for existing projects.

• Susan Ruhl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've been waiting on this for a year... would be nice to have an expected release date from Microsoft.

• Katie Staley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't help but think the scheduled development suggested above doesn't actually answer the request here. We currently link a Typeform to Trello by simply sending the form response as an email to the Trello board. It isn't in Outlook and we wouldn't be interested in receiving the bulk of our requests into Outlook only to have to forward them on... (even if that was an automatic rule it would just be adding risk to the whole process)

• jon michael brookings commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on this? for now Apps4.pro has a nice option of a plugin for everyone here to be aware of but i would love to see a microsoft offering.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base