How can we make Planner better?

Create task by sending an email to the Plan

Currently, when a task is created in a "Plan" there is an associated group and group email address for that "Plan". If a user was to comment on a task, an email is sent to the group. Likewise if the recipient of that email replies to it, the comment appears in the task. Would it be possible to Send a new email to the "Plan" email address to create a task with the subject line of that email being the task name and the email's content being the description?

1,498 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Joseph M. Honea shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Scheduled  ·  AdminPlanner Team (Product Manager, Planner) responded  · 

We’re in the process of finalizing designs for a Planner add-in for Outlook. From the add-in, users will be able to create tasks for Planner without having to leave their inbox. The email subject and body will autofill as the task title and description, respectively, and users will have the ability to set plan, bucket and assignees . We appreciate your feedback and patience and look forward to this first step in what we hope to be a greater integration with Outlook!

143 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously MS. Any news on this as you are about to lose out to Trello... again! This is a major issue, along with Time in bucket.

Given up on planner. Most basic of features (amongst others such as an outlook add in and recurring tasks) and waiting for over a year for them. Don't see the point of user voice here, since no action and no response from MS!

• Burkhard Ludes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In my Company it is not allowed to use Flow (unfortunately excluded up to now). So I need another simple solution!

• Paul Hide commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any news on Planner add-in like Trello so I can add emails to my outstanding tasks. I am currently setting up a "Flow" to help me but would prefer an integrated solution

Hi, this nearly works with Microsoft Flow, e.g. when flagging an E-mail a planner task ist created in a certain bucket. However within Outlook it would be necessary to select Plan and Bucket. In addition an "update task" is necessary where you can add an E-Mail to an existing Planner Task, so the body of the E-Mail will be posted as a comment within a planner task. Similar Add-Ons exist e.g. for Jira. BR Lothar

I don't want to have to have the Planner add-in as my company doesn't like it and will not let us use it. I just want to do what Trello does and be able to email direct to a plan. By the way it's now over 10 months since an update!!!!

Now that Trello is going to charge users, there will be a lot more adoption of Planner. We need the basic features that Trello offers.

• AM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is one of the reasons that we tend to use Asana over Planner - even though staying in the 365 universe would seem to make more sense.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base