1,536 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Completed  ·  AdminPlanner Team (Product Manager, Planner) responded  · 

Copy plan is now available in Planner’s Web App! The Planner team is excited to release this functionality and would love to hear how we can improve upon this moving forward. Please comment below to let us know what you think!

More about Copy plan here: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Planner-Blog/Planner-s-new-copy-plan-feature-helps-streamline-work-management/ba-p/364048#.XIYZg2dGIfQ.twitter

Cheers,
The Planner Team

175 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need to copy Plans to existing groups rather than creating a new group. Thanks guys! We are almost there!

Hello Planner Team. Not sure if this was already discussed, but we need a way to cop entire Plans (not just Task by task) from one Team to another one in Teams. I would call this a Master Plan Template that can be used over Multiple Teams Sites and modified (dates, team members, duration, etc...) once copied. Is this already available? Is it in your roadmap? And if not, do you have plans to include it?

• Georgia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We still need to new copy of the plan to keep all the details of the original plan (i.e. comments, status of checklist items, overall task status completed/active etc.). Also need the ability to copy to an existing Group.

We definitely need the ability to duplicate a plan and choose which Office 365 group (existing or new) it will be added to.

• Dean Gross commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why does copying a Plan create a new Group? this is not nearly as helpful as I was expecting. My customers just need to create a copy within the same group, and to be able to copy a plan to an already existing group. Am I doing something wrong or misunderstanding how this works?

Need the ability to copy and Plan within an existing O365 Group/Teams, without it creating a new group!!!

• Nick Sabbe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"Completed" is saying a bit much. Direly needed extra features:
    * integration of the functionality in Teams
    * ability to copy the plan to a specific plan (not just a newly created one); note also that automatically copying to the SAME group as the originating Plan will not work either (for many scenarios)
    * ability to access this through API (e.g. to integrate it in an MS Flow)
    Note: I'm obviously thrilled that this first step was taken, but for actual use, it doesn't do all that much good yet.

Do we need a separate "suggestion" for all these (as this one's classified as "completed") or will you guys still be focussed on delivering this, based on the comments?

• Robert Barker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need the ability to copy and Plan within an existing O365 Group/Teams, without it creating a new group.

When I copy a plan and make changes on the new plan it changes the plan that I copied. My organization has the same project every month with hundreds of tasks. It would be good to have like a "mother"plan that we can copy from and would not be changed, instead of making a new one every month or copying the plan from last month and resetting every task there.

• Ben Magazino commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I used the "Copy Plan" feature on a plan that was associated to an existing Teams/O365 group, the Copy Plan dialog didn't allow me to associate the new plan to the associated Teams/O365 group that its "parent" came from. It automatically assumed I wanted to copy a plan to a new O365 group. For this feature to be usable, I need the Copy Plan window to offer me the ability to copy into the same O365 group w/ a different name.

• Nicolas INNOCENT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is still not possible on Teams however, and since only plans created through Teams shows up on teams, it is not useable for our use-case.

• Jack commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If i copy a plan and then later delete that plan the copied plan still shows in the web app under All Plans. It does not show in the phone app. this could get cluttered very quickly if you can't find a way for the deleted plans to not show any more.

• BrendaB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a great new feature. I would also like to have the ability to search on a plan.When you have a lot of buckets with tasks, scrolling through them takes time.

It would be great if anyone from Microsoft provides any update.
    We need the ability to copy full Plan/Bucket/Multi Task Selection to same or another Planner

• Bryan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So we can now copy plans and copy tasks but we can’t copy buckets!

Please give us the ability to copy a bucket!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9

Feedback and Knowledge Base