or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    In development  ·  AdminPlanner Team (Admin, Planner) responded  · 

Good news! We’ve started developing a new feature that will allow users to create a new plan as a copy of an existing plan. We are still in the early phases of development so we don’t have an ETA to share at this time, but are equally eager to bring this to life!

Thank you for your patience and feedback.

Cheers,
    The Planner Team

140 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES- we have a Planner that has 150+ tasks - it would be great to be able to use an existing Planner as a template

• AJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,...When...when will the "copy" a whole channel...or template be ready. What takes seconds in Trello is an hour + in Planner. Please expedite and advise.

• Martin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On Microsoft's Tech community website it was mentioned 2yrs ago that Microsoft are developing the ability to create Templates as well as copying buckets and plans. Could we have an update?

• Chelsey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A copy feature is greatly needed!! This would be so beneficial for our organization.

• John Clemons commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great is plans that were linked to a team could be copied along with any team that was developed from using another team as a template.

There is a competitor product called TaskWorld which, despite its sub-par, "Bowl-a-rama" type name, is brilliantly designed. Beyond copying tasks between projects/plans, you can:
        - copy tasklists (buckets)
        - copy projects (plans)
        - create template projects (plans...which is in dev for planner)
        - group projects into folders (portfolios)
        - view your entire team's tasks or a select individual's tasks for all projects, one project, etc.
        - archive your projects
        - assign checklist items to team members
        - create recurring tasks (in dev for planner)

Basically, many of its existing features are feature requests for Planner.
        When you use TaskWorld you can tell that the dev team thought through the management of tasks and the project lifecycle - not just the data entry parts of it. I hope that same approach is being done for the upcoing Planner features like archiving and templating.

Planner is helpful to us now because of its integration with O365, AAD, SP and Teams.

• John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you please advise when we can start using the template feature?

• Mary Love commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When will this happen? I didn't realize this was not available when we purchased 365 or we would not have chosen this management plan.

• Matt Strasser commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Back in March 2017, a forum on answers.microsoft.com listed this as in development (complete with screen shot of the Roadmap) as feature 38610. That no longer shows up as in the roadmap - not even under cancelled.

I'm really excited about this feature and would love to know an approximate ETA.

Yes! I love the copy task feature but I am struggling with the planner now that we are actively using this tool as part of our project planning workflow. To give you an example, our team has a sprint planning board + project boards. I would like to either move the task from the project board to the sprint (along with all of the contents on the card) or have that same content exist in both places. It would be great for those tasks to sync. Right now if I update a task within a project, it doesn't update within the sprint. The reason I am keeping it separate is because I would like to measure project success through the schedule and chart for each specific project. Right now, there aren't tags either. So if I tag a task to a project, then add it to the sprint board, I will be able to measure it within the sprint. I wouldn't have to look at the project as a whole. Thank you for listening!

Where is this at? Hurry Up please! The ability to copy a planner as a template should be fairly simple. You can already copy a planner within a team across channels, but because it remains linked any changes made at a channel level carry into each copy. Why not simply make it so that the 'link' between copies within a team break (and it becomes its own document) if it is renamed at each channel level? Surely that is not too hard or complex...

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base