1,549 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Completed  ·  AdminPlanner Team (Product Manager, Planner) responded  · 

Copy plan is now available in Planner’s Web App! The Planner team is excited to release this functionality and would love to hear how we can improve upon this moving forward. Please comment below to let us know what you think!

More about Copy plan here: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Planner-Blog/Planner-s-new-copy-plan-feature-helps-streamline-work-management/ba-p/364048#.XIYZg2dGIfQ.twitter

Cheers,
The Planner Team

185 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Nick P commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No being able to copy attachments to a plan is a major issue - how can you backup a plan without this? Hopefully adding this feature is a priority.

• Math commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need to copy plans within an group/team as well. If I want to have the similar buckets and tasks (say onboarding-template in the HR-Team), I can not add the copied plan to a different channel within the team, because copied plans are not visible within that team. Copying just makes a complete new plan for the whole company..

• Florian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

from my perspective this feature is not complete. I cannot copy a plan within a group.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So important for the links and files to carry over... not sure how this could have been missed ... Copy Plan feature is a car with two flat tires at this point... Please set this as the next improvement, especially links, that is literally just a URL path. Thx.

• Carrie Brown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need the ability to be able to copy the text on a Planner entry and paste in the body of an email or a Word document.

• Luca commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need the ability to copy and Plan within an existing O365 Group/Teams, without it creating a new group.

• Sarah-Jane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are moving to planner from Trello... we are really keen for task templates- we have a number of operations that are repeated, by different people and at different times. so pre-populated task templates would enhance work consistency

We need to copy Plans to existing groups rather than creating a new group. Thanks guys! We are almost there!

Hello Planner Team. Not sure if this was already discussed, but we need a way to cop entire Plans (not just Task by task) from one Team to another one in Teams. I would call this a Master Plan Template that can be used over Multiple Teams Sites and modified (dates, team members, duration, etc...) once copied. Is this already available? Is it in your roadmap? And if not, do you have plans to include it?

• Georgia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We still need to new copy of the plan to keep all the details of the original plan (i.e. comments, status of checklist items, overall task status completed/active etc.). Also need the ability to copy to an existing Group.

We definitely need the ability to duplicate a plan and choose which Office 365 group (existing or new) it will be added to.

• Dean Gross commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why does copying a Plan create a new Group? this is not nearly as helpful as I was expecting. My customers just need to create a copy within the same group, and to be able to copy a plan to an already existing group. Am I doing something wrong or misunderstanding how this works?

Need the ability to copy and Plan within an existing O365 Group/Teams, without it creating a new group!!!

• Nick Sabbe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"Completed" is saying a bit much. Direly needed extra features:
    * integration of the functionality in Teams
    * ability to copy the plan to a specific plan (not just a newly created one); note also that automatically copying to the SAME group as the originating Plan will not work either (for many scenarios)
    * ability to access this through API (e.g. to integrate it in an MS Flow)
    Note: I'm obviously thrilled that this first step was taken, but for actual use, it doesn't do all that much good yet.

Do we need a separate "suggestion" for all these (as this one's classified as "completed") or will you guys still be focussed on delivering this, based on the comments?

• Robert Barker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need the ability to copy and Plan within an existing O365 Group/Teams, without it creating a new group.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10

Feedback and Knowledge Base