or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    In development  ·  AdminPlanner Team (Admin, Planner) responded  · 

Good news! We’ve started developing a new feature that will allow users to create a new plan as a copy of an existing plan. We are still in the early phases of development so we don’t have an ETA to share at this time, but are equally eager to bring this to life!

Thank you for your patience and feedback.

Cheers,
    The Planner Team

152 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Gil Z commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice if anyone from Microsoft responded sometime soon. The ability to create, copy and deploy a PLANNER template is going to be essential to our successful adoption of Teams with SharePoint. Obviously, as this has been 'underway' for ages in tech terms, it does not appear that Microsoft has made it a priority. Please respond.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am new to Planner, and the very first thing I want to do is to copy my team's project to use as a template. Otherwise, will have to move on to another solution. ETA?? Looks like this has been repeatedly requested over the past 2-3 years.

Please provide an update on this, like others this is a deal breaker currently and is likely to push me towards other products if there isn't a solution imminent. At the very least a response would convince us that posting here makes any difference at all....

I'm the 'Anonymous' commentator from the preceding comment. How do I make myself visible so you can reach out to me?

Sure, I can help with this - take the use case where a task had more detailed metadata requirements, e.g. some comments and progress, etc. Have a look at some SAAS / cloud based Kanban tools to see the functionality required. you're welcome to reach out if you wish and I can show you.

6 months from original request; please advise status of this as we want to start using Planner more in-depth but the ability (lack of, to be accurate) to duplicate a task/bucket/plan easily is a hindrance and dealbreaker.

This is especially true if an organization is rolling out Sharepoint/Teams/Planner as a backbone for collaboration/productivity.

YES- we have a Planner that has 150+ tasks - it would be great to be able to use an existing Planner as a template

• AJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,...When...when will the "copy" a whole channel...or template be ready. What takes seconds in Trello is an hour + in Planner. Please expedite and advise.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base