How can we improve Planner?

Add new progress descriptions

The progress descriptions are too simple. You should be able to create new ones, like planning, design, testing etc.

113 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Paul Dyson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Michael Venman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Something like like a "Waiting on Approval" Step would be really terrific, as right now I'm unable to see which steps are hung up on another team's approval.

• RIchard Tawn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The lack of customisation or granularity to the task stages is a key reason for seeking out an alternative task planner.

I think this was built for much smaller projects, but it has the foundations to be really competitive in software development.

We use: Concept | Brief | Prototype | Dev | Alpha | QA | Release

AKA: Pipeline | Explore | Version 1 | Version 2 | Feature Cplte. | Testing | Launch

Basically every team works a little differently but all would like to put a task in several stages of development to understand how much effort to be putting in at each stage.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, I'd like more granularity to progress categories and the ability to hide/exclude those categories on the charts

• Chris Shalda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are having trouble with adoption of Planner in our organization because of not having the ability to add additional progress descriptions. One of the major issues with Planner is that when you "complete" a task, it is gone from the main view, like it was never there - but many of our teams need to review completed tasks before they are truly "completed". So, if we could have another progress description of "ready for review", just prior to "completed", that would be huge. Would also like to have custom progress descriptions per plan if possible as well, for additional use cases.

This should be high priority. I think a 3 a stage progress does not reflect real workflows.
        Unfortunately, votes for this feature are spread out over many feedbacks.

• TL commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

would like to be able to customize progress based on the stages of the types of projects we do

• Michael Matthews commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely would like to see some more, including "No longer required" for those cases that are closed but not because it was finished.

• Jessica Viskup commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely this. We need the steps to be a bit more granular than just "In Progress" we can add that info to the comments or with categories but it'd be nice to not have to use a hack to show a different status like stalled etc.

Right - e.g. I am not interested in seeing tasks which are completed (they are historie) but e.g. tasks I have to track.

• Jan Renč commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, what we would need are certainly more stages - e.g. Open, Ready to Start, In Progress, On Hold, For Review, Completed - like in a full featured KANBAN board + a possibility to define our own.

Cool product otherwise!

Feedback and Knowledge Base