Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Planner?

Add new progress descriptions

The progress descriptions are too simple. You should be able to create new ones, like planning, design, testing etc.

334 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Paul Dyson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

43 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • DT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be an amazing feature for us to be able to customize the status options. Thanks in advance!

• praktikant commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes thit is very important for me, too. It would be helpful if we can add a progress description like "deferred"

• Brent commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 to be able to modify and add progress options. it's a superfluous feature since I have a "Done" bucket.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need to be able to configure the progress values. Eg I need to add "On Hold"

• Todd Stayin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Exactly. Too simplified for complex business operations. Should be an easy development enhancement.

I agree 100% with this, it is very difficult to use if the progress descriptions are so limited.

I am just surprised how such a useful feature is missing!!!! The whole 'Charts' section is totally useless to me because of 'progress' types are so narrow and limited. If I could customise progress, I would have used MS Planner for reporting too and better overall visibility.

• Dennis (Oresund) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently I'm using Buckets instead for providing my customized progress flow.
        This however breaks the idea of using buckets to collect different tasks in "User Stories".

So I can choose between:
        - working in a leveled structure but wo a proper task progress driving state or
        - working with a task good progress driving state but with unstructured tasks :/

If you fix this, Planner stands a much better chance to be a Trello-killer.

• Ali commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be great to be able to add an extra progress column e.g. "On-hold" and able to hide completed column.

• Siri commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would love to have a setting in Planner where I could change these globally or per plan.

An absolute must to be used as efficent agile tool.
        potential to be a trello replacement

• Patrick Boers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are successfully using the planner a sales funnel progress tracker. User defined progress descriptions would be very helpfull.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base