• facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Partially complete  ·  AdminPlanner Team (Admin, Planner) responded  · 

Thanks for your feedback!

We’ve improved upon the Filter menu within a plan to give provide options for viewing certain tasks within a board.

We are planning to expand upon both the Filter menu options while exploring how to build search functionality that can fulfill the needs mentioned on this thread. Please comment if there’s anything in particular you’d like for our team to consider!

Cheers,

The Planner Team

263 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Robert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Got the filter as of today...seems to be just the right thing! Thanks a lot!

The option to apply it to all plans might help some, but currently I do not need that for my workflows.

• Peter Gulka commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The filters have been enormously helpful for us, but we still run into the occassiona scenario wher we need to find asepcific item ,and all we can remember is a string of text in the name of the description field.

If search is implemented, it needs to search Planner as a whole (across plans, boards, buckets, tasks, checklists)

Within that structure it needs to run that search against any field that I as a user can type in. The filters work for the big aggregate grouping, but search needs to target finding a specific item, right down the finding a specific checklist item.

• Jochen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please develop the search across all plans you are subscribed to, as this is crucial to manage different teams & projects.

• Saif Boras commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it would be nice to sort all the tasks under each bucket by
        Alphabet.
        label.
        color.
        priority.
        who assigned the task.
        whom assigned to.
        status.

• Matthew Petty commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Cannot believe this is not available. If you have more than a few tasks, it becomes impossible to manage, crippling the user.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sometimes I can't remember where I put a task or note, so it's nice that Asana lets me search. I think search would be useless if you had discrete tasks and projects, perfectly planned for UX from the get-go. But I don't imagine there are a lot of those, since projects are usually pretty dynamic. Most projects change on the fly, which requires things like "search." Unfortunately, since my company won't use Asana, I spend a lot of cognitive effort and time finding things manually, with lots of clicks and waiting. Luckily, I get to use Asana for outside projects. Here, though, I'm stuck with Planner, and without a search feature, it comes with lots of frustration.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We use it to be a more visual task manager. The ability to be able to search for a keyword to say when this task was last completed or is due. Also if the task has already been entered into a plan or bucket. Not having the ability to search across all tasks entered seems very poor functionality.

• George Denton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In our company, jobs are moved from one area (board/plan) to another. An example would be setting up a task for assemblies that are waiting for parts (missing parts are added to the checklist). Once parts arrive the card is moved to Kitting and then out to either Electrical or Mechanical areas. We search across boards/plans to find where received parts need to go, where we can find the job to physically check on it, see if it's been put in the completed bucket, etc.

• Angel Lopez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello, it would be great to be able to include a search bar for any word in the planner hub, so you can search for anything quickly and easily. I would also like the deposits to be indicated in the conversations of the outlook groups, since now they do not appear, only the added task comes out, regardless of the written deposit

• AK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If there are multiple plans, if one has to scroll down the list is not feasible. A simple search text as used in other applications to find everything in the planner hub.

• David M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Search is a must have, we need to be able to search across all the planner buckets.

• Oz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great to hear that search within a board is planned, but this HAS to include search ACROSS all boards. We use numerous Boards and tasks could sometimes sit in more than one of them so it's not always simple to remember where it was put. This should have an option similar to SharePoint where you can select where you want to search (e.g. just this board or all boards).

• Akeem Robinson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to search for key words to find specific plans is a requirement for our team to use Planner. As multiple people use Planner, the number of plans will increase to the point it will be time consuming to manually search through plans that people are working on. If we are naming the plans based on part number and customer, we should be able to search for the key word to find our plan quickly. We would also like to use planner for archiving purposes to see the history of what was done for a specific plan that was completed. To go back and scroll through all previous plans will be inefficient, when the main purpose for us using plan is to be more efficient. Besides just key words, it would be great to be able to search and filter by the fields already existing in planner such as member (which Planner somewhat already has), date, progress, and labels. We would like to use as many tools in the Microsoft office 365 suite as possible, but missing some key functionalities makes them unusable for us.

• Henning Tschalkowski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, we need a search function. Search one Board, search all Boards for specific keywords. A Filter is a good Idea, but we also need the ability to search across all boards. A typical scenario for our company would be that I want to search for a specific project. Our porjects go through different stages (Planning, development, Finetuning at the clients for an overview) If the planning department sends a project to our dev department, they make a new board for that project, assigning the dev people to it and making their own tasks. If I want to find a specific projects I search for the project number. I want to see directly if this project is only in the planning board or if it's already moved to the development board.
        Another specific scenario is to find duplicate boards quickly (again, we use a unique project number) so I can address miscommunication quickly.

• Chloe Gilbert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't sell Microsoft Planner to my teams with a search across all plans. They will continue to use Trello. I am hugely surprised you cant do this, especially seeing that it is built on top of Microsoft Graph. This is an embarrassment for you.

• Chloe Gilbert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Pretty dreadful especially since they are saying the Microsoft Planner is built on top of Microsoft Graph etc. I would have thought a search box would be the first thing you would implement. I cant sell this to my teams unless we have this, they will use Trello instead.

Feedback and Knowledge Base