4,364 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback!

We’ve improved upon the Filter menu within a plan to give provide options for viewing certain tasks within a board.

We are planning to expand upon both the Filter menu options while exploring how to build search functionality that can fulfill the needs mentioned on this thread. Please comment if there’s anything in particular you’d like for our team to consider!

Cheers,

The Planner Team

327 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The filter is great but I have 50 different channels. It would be nice to search all of the channels at once not just in one specific channel.

Planner is really useful, until you have to search for something and then you wish you'd never used it in the first place. PLEASE get this feature out to users, asap.

Trello is the best Kanban tool by far in terms of search functionality, so if you're looking for one to copy, that's the one.

• Jean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please, without this feature for any tasks more complex than changing a baby's nappy is a must have, without that, teams cannot collaborate. When when when? This request have been out for years now?

• MWG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes Yes Yes. Please add the ability search for text in a task name (or better - any text).

• Dillon Hansen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm very interested in this feature. I'm really trying to make planner work for my team but its lacking some quality of life features like this one.

• Joe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on this? While the filter is helpful, it does not search the description, comments, checkboxes.

• Lynette Lukenbaugh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The same search feature that is available in all other Office apps would be great...search key words in tasks...title field, description, etc. I recently started using Planner and was very surprised that this basic feature is missing.

Like searching in your inbox, it needs to search ALL the text, not just the title! For example if someone makes a comment with some important information, you might want to search for that data, which won;t appear in the task title.

We love the Planner to keep track of our IT tasks. But the more we use it the more we find we need a search function that will go through both open and closed tasks. That would make this product so much more complete.

• Kris Young commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you please provide an update on adding a search box to easily find tasks by key word? It lists you were looking into it in April so hoping it is coming soon!

• Rafael C Jimenez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In April 2018 you mentioned the planner team was exploring how to build the search functionality. Any updates about the search functionality? Any progress in the last 10 months?

Please add Search function.
    The filter function only works for keywors in the title of the task

Hello,

I confirm that with a search engine, this app in Teams will be very hard to be adopted when there are lot of information to manage.

• Fernando Alves commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With several plans I belong to, I need to search on a plan level but also on all plans at once.
    It would also be nice to have some advanced search features such as:
    xtpo assignedto:user1
    would return the tasks assigned to user1, where the string "xpto" appears.
    Other queries could be added, for instance with due dates, such as we can do in Outlook: duedate: thisweek

Feedback and Knowledge Base