• facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Partially complete  ·  AdminPlanner Team (Admin, Planner) responded  · 

Thanks for your feedback!

We’ve improved upon the Filter menu within a plan to give provide options for viewing certain tasks within a board.

We are planning to expand upon both the Filter menu options while exploring how to build search functionality that can fulfill the needs mentioned on this thread. Please comment if there’s anything in particular you’d like for our team to consider!

Cheers,

The Planner Team

263 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Magne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi. Search in Planner is mandatory. Really can't understand how a logistic tool now a days can be made without a search tool. Really hope this is implemented very soon.

• RafaQuim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Honestly, I'm using Teams-Planner because they forced me. When I started using it, I felt a little bit satisfied (of course, my expectations were not high since it is a MS product); however, once I discovered the search works only for task titles, I really really told myself: "you see, this guys never never never will improve, they are not interested in user experience). anyway....

• George commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Search functionality is vital. Should be like it is in Teams and Asana.

• Matthew Maserati commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No search feature really makes the usability of Planner a hard sell in our corporation. We are rolling out Groups but with thousands of projects / buckets in our hundreds of groups This is a must have.
        many are asking why not Google Docs ? Please add a search feature to Planner and Teams

• jen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Searching amongst plans would be a good addition too for when there will be lots of plans (archived or not)

• Hubber commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A fast search function on a board is needed and must also be available when using an iPad. For this reason i still have to make use of Trello.

• Alex Theoret commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Search title &/or contents of all cards (closed or open) would be absolutely invaluable. If you add filtering on top of that, all the better. Thank you!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE add search within all active and complete tasks. Title, comments, description. Choose "Search exact" or "contains"

• Sarah W commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our international marketing team has started using Planner over the past month, and we were very surprised that there is no search feature. We have about 6 different plans, and sometimes tasks are hard to find between the plans. I could explain in more detail, but, overall, I feel like search is a very basic feature that all productivity tools have these days, and something from Microsoft should be no different.

Implement search the same way you do for OneNote and Teams...ie search for any word, bring up any/all related tasks containing said word.

• MB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The filter seems to search only in card title, can you please expand that to the whole content within the card ans lists created please.

• Bear commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Work around: Add as much as possible in the Title which is searchable and takes up to 255 characters, Example:

Test the recent changes in DEV / DV2 was updated with the latest branch and Jeff QA'd it. The results should be XYZ, advise Bob if it doesn't pass.

hope that helps!

Search should be able to look at all fields, but particularly title, description and comments

Feedback and Knowledge Base