4,364 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback!

We’ve improved upon the Filter menu within a plan to give provide options for viewing certain tasks within a board.

We are planning to expand upon both the Filter menu options while exploring how to build search functionality that can fulfill the needs mentioned on this thread. Please comment if there’s anything in particular you’d like for our team to consider!

Cheers,

The Planner Team

327 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Looking forward to have the Search to be in any item inside a task, like in almost any other O365 product (Sharepoint, etc.). Thanks

• RosWinCloud commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Search Tasks in filter is fantastic! A little hidden, but very useful. The search functionality looking for any word inside all tasks in all plans like SharePoint or OneDrive do with files, would be perfect. We can find files but not tasks or items or a file related to a task. We need find "things" inside tasks or even tasks itself. It could be shown in a general level place in planner app like in left column menu, at bottom of links: "New plan"; "Hub""; "My tasks"; "Search in planner"

I love this app. Thank you for your efforts.

• xsteen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just get a general seach within a specific plan in there. Please.

• jjarecki commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are looking to use Planner as our Project Task Management. However, we have hundreds of Projects, being able to do a Global Search is a must have.

• Steve Cangiano commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The filters are helpful for sure! However, my plan as hundreds of tasks and being able to do a global search by keyword would be extremely helpful.

Using Ctrl + F, kind of works, but misses any cards not rendered on page.

Please consider adding this soon - I love this tool but this is holding us back.

• RandyB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Filter searches the task title, which is a great first step, however extended search to description, checklist, attachments, and comments would be ideal.

Thanks for improving Planner!

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please get on this quick! Asana can do it and its great and we won't switch until its included.

Any modern Application has Search feature built-in... What's the reason for Search feature not being implemented from the start ?

• Bryan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Frightening that we cannot search for a task across all the plans we have, my tasks, or anywhere else.

• Memnon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having the ability to search for Planner tasks/cards straight from the Microsoft Teams application would be a tremendous benefit but also adding it to Microsoft Search would knock it out of the park!

My planner board has a large number of tasks on it.... I can't search for text contained in the subtasks or comments... This is terrible... Struggling to find the task that i am getting asked about.

• Robert Campbell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on this? The last Admin post on this was April 2018. It's almost 12 months later and still no search function.

Can we have a simple search text on page function, I don't need to search every chat, person, channel etc if the text is on the current page.

• Howard Roeber commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Search Functionality like the one in Outlook Tasks is a must-have in my opinion, it would save so much time not having to scroll through all of the buckets

• Tim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Since users often work in several groups and plans, a search function across all plans would be convenient. Example: I created and assigned a task and right now I didn't recognize a) in which plan I created this task and b) in which channel I send the message that it's done (did I just answer in this particular task using the comments option, did I send a mail or did I message in Teams).
    As Microsoft has created an integrated search option for Microsoft 365 tenants with Microsoft Search and this will soon be available throughout all products, it would make sense to integrate it into this search as it enables a single configurable search experience across every product.

Feedback and Knowledge Base