• google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Planned  ·  AdminPlanner Team (Admin, Planner) responded  · 

Thank you for your feedback!

We have started development on a Filter feature that includes the ability to filter tasks within a board using keywords. This would allow users to quickly find tasks they are looking for based on a search term.

Beyond finding a task within a board, we have noticed a lot of comments mentioned searching for items across plans in the Planner hub. We have taken note of this and would love to hear more about the specific scenarios you could use this functionality for so that we can create a great experience around this.

Thanks!

134 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Oz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great to hear that search within a board is planned, but this HAS to include search ACROSS all boards. We use numerous Boards and tasks could sometimes sit in more than one of them so it's not always simple to remember where it was put. This should have an option similar to SharePoint where you can select where you want to search (e.g. just this board or all boards).

• Akeem Robinson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to search for key words to find specific plans is a requirement for our team to use Planner. As multiple people use Planner, the number of plans will increase to the point it will be time consuming to manually search through plans that people are working on. If we are naming the plans based on part number and customer, we should be able to search for the key word to find our plan quickly. We would also like to use planner for archiving purposes to see the history of what was done for a specific plan that was completed. To go back and scroll through all previous plans will be inefficient, when the main purpose for us using plan is to be more efficient. Besides just key words, it would be great to be able to search and filter by the fields already existing in planner such as member (which Planner somewhat already has), date, progress, and labels. We would like to use as many tools in the Microsoft office 365 suite as possible, but missing some key functionalities makes them unusable for us.

• Henning Tschalkowski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, we need a search function. Search one Board, search all Boards for specific keywords. A Filter is a good Idea, but we also need the ability to search across all boards. A typical scenario for our company would be that I want to search for a specific project. Our porjects go through different stages (Planning, development, Finetuning at the clients for an overview) If the planning department sends a project to our dev department, they make a new board for that project, assigning the dev people to it and making their own tasks. If I want to find a specific projects I search for the project number. I want to see directly if this project is only in the planning board or if it's already moved to the development board.
        Another specific scenario is to find duplicate boards quickly (again, we use a unique project number) so I can address miscommunication quickly.

• Chloe Gilbert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't sell Microsoft Planner to my teams with a search across all plans. They will continue to use Trello. I am hugely surprised you cant do this, especially seeing that it is built on top of Microsoft Graph. This is an embarrassment for you.

• Lance commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Filtering tasks within a board is not nearly important as the capability to search across all Plans that I am a member of for certain content. As Denise mentions, the ability to see a list of tasks assigned to a particular person is also a must.

• Bruno commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Search across at least one plan, better all plans I am Member of, is mandatory - we can not use MS Planner without Search functionality

• A. Ramos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think it is basic functionality. Also tags are so small that can be neglected.

• Denise Yuri Shitara commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another use case: I oversee several projects ("plans"), and I suddenly meet one person that participates in several of my projects. I should be able to enter this person´s name in a search box and instantly come up with all the tasks that this person is involved into, across all my projects!

Also, a quick hashtag list would be useful!

• Patrick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A universal keyword search available in all/most screens with results categorized and/or filtered by sections such as Plans, Tasks, Comments, etc. will be an excellent addition.
        Go, Planner Team, Go! You've got this!!!

• Philip Havens commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Use case: I'm building a new plan and remember that I have another task in another plan that I would like to copy. However, I don't remember exactly what I titled the task, but I remember a word or phrase that I used in either the title or the description or a checklist item. I would therefore like to be able to search across all plans, all tasks, all descriptions, and all checklist items for all active or completed plans/tasks/checklists.

• MezMarianne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I guess when you live in a Bing environment - great search functionality is not top of mind. I love how you would like to hear more about specific scenarios where I could use a search functionality. The specific scenario would be any time I would like to find a word written in any task, subtask, comment or tag.

• Ian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really need search. Planner has so much potential, but at the moment it's not got much use beyond helping a school pupil organising their homework. Just not ready for small business use, never mind enterprise.

• martin adamczyk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the meantime
        on planner view on webpage (vs teams app) you can simply do CTRL-F to search, it will search through basically description
        but this search needs to search through comments and subtasks as well.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please add search function and search bar to planner hub!
        it is available in the mobile app, but not on PC Web view!!!!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base