4,364 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback!

We’ve improved upon the Filter menu within a plan to give provide options for viewing certain tasks within a board.

We are planning to expand upon both the Filter menu options while exploring how to build search functionality that can fulfill the needs mentioned on this thread. Please comment if there’s anything in particular you’d like for our team to consider!

Cheers,

The Planner Team

327 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature makes the Microsoft Planner product as best tool for planning the team tasks in the organizations. Please add this feature ASAP

With so many tasks on a plan its sometimes impossible to find a task or check if a task exists before adding one. Sometimes plans have 100's of items when a team is working on a project and it creates a lot of confusion not being able to quickly search for a topic and work with it.

• JoeS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Should be able to search through any text in tasks (title, description, comments). Essential, basic need for almost any tool. Baffled that this was not implemented on day 1.

• Brian Kinash commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Planner needs a search function not just a filter feature, ideally i'd like to be able to search for a planner bucket or task from the teams command bar

Filter is good for titles. I need to be able to search all text in the task. OneNote's search is a good model.

• Oz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A key requirement for us is to be able to use Planner to support staff appraisals. We therefore need to be able to see all tasks completed between two dates. If you could add this is would be a massive thumbs-up from us.

Our department has a little over 20 buckets, with 8 - 10 taskcards within each bucket. If I have to find a specific detail and do a search, all your search option does is to center the bucket in which the search term is in. It doesn't let me know that "12345" is in "Bucket A, Taskcard 8".

Any way to make this more optimizable so that I'm not wasting an hour a day searching through all taskcards?

The comment from the planner team was in April of last year. Is there an update to a time line when we can expect a search function?

• Tim Riener commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nothing for me to add to this request that hasn't already been stated (314 times previous)...but I will add my voice to the chorus. Having an app like Planner that does not have robust -- or even tolerable -- search capability is inexplicable. I realize Google is a search company and Microsoft is not, but search capability is such a rudimentary capability, not sure how this could be omitted.

We would also need to be able to list all the plans for certain group (or search plans by related Group or by plan name)

• Dominique Pfeiffer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need to be able to search within a plan and across plans for a specific task. This includes the title, description, checklist items, comments, and ideally attachments as well. This should be offered additionally to the filtering.

We have a few features we're in desperate need of for planner:
    1. Recycle Bin - we have plans linked to teams, and someone deleted the plan (assuming it was only deleted from the team but would still live online). It's not online and no one can restore it (not even our IT via powershell commands). That's crazy! Microsoft tech support couldn't even recover it. Since neither Teams or Team Channels can be "archived/removed" to be out-of-sight but available for future reference, if ever necessary, it makes that feature all the more crucial in planner (since those are the few tabs that you can remove but still access old/archived info online in planner.

2. If you could find a way to allow people to search all linked Plans within the Teams search feature, that would be HUGELY helpful. We have people trying to search for certain buckets in plans, but if you don't remember the exact team and channel where that plan was linked, you have to go through lots of teams (and even more channels) to try and track it down.

3. We have a need for an individual to see the tasks they've created or assigned to others (similar to Basecamp), so that a project manager, supervisor, or someone from a different dept. that created a task for someone could easily click on the "items i've assigned" and find cards they created. That would be a fast and easy way to follow-up on work you've delegated to others (again, without having to search every plan across every channel and team).

4. also, we've had the issue of people working in planner online, creating a card online in a plan linked to a team, then two of those cards show up in the team (duplicated, somehow). Has anyone else had that issue?

Thank you!

It would be really helpful to be able to search in teams and be able to find a bucket with the same name in any linked plan.

Although the filter option works, it would be better if via Teams a global 'search' could be performed against an Office 365 Group, and include the Planner results.

Also the mobile app seems to have no search functionality beyond searching for the names of different Planners.

• Robbie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should also include saved searches and advanced search criteria.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 16 17

Feedback and Knowledge Base