• google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Planned  ·  Planner TeamAdminPlanner Team (Admin, Planner) responded  · 

Thank you for your feedback!

We have started development on a Filter feature that includes the ability to filter tasks within a board using keywords. This would allow users to quickly find tasks they are looking for based on a search term.

Beyond finding a task within a board, we have noticed a lot of comments mentioned searching for items across plans in the Planner hub. We have taken note of this and would love to hear more about the specific scenarios you could use this functionality for so that we can create a great experience around this.

Thanks!

122 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • PatrickPatrick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A universal keyword search available in all/most screens with results categorized and/or filtered by sections such as Plans, Tasks, Comments, etc. will be an excellent addition.
        Go, Planner Team, Go! You've got this!!!

• Philip HavensPhilip Havens commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Use case: I'm building a new plan and remember that I have another task in another plan that I would like to copy. However, I don't remember exactly what I titled the task, but I remember a word or phrase that I used in either the title or the description or a checklist item. I would therefore like to be able to search across all plans, all tasks, all descriptions, and all checklist items for all active or completed plans/tasks/checklists.

• MezMarianneMezMarianne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I guess when you live in a Bing environment - great search functionality is not top of mind. I love how you would like to hear more about specific scenarios where I could use a search functionality. The specific scenario would be any time I would like to find a word written in any task, subtask, comment or tag.

• IanIan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really need search. Planner has so much potential, but at the moment it's not got much use beyond helping a school pupil organising their homework. Just not ready for small business use, never mind enterprise.

• martin adamczykmartin adamczyk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the meantime
        on planner view on webpage (vs teams app) you can simply do CTRL-F to search, it will search through basically description
        but this search needs to search through comments and subtasks as well.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please add search function and search bar to planner hub!
        it is available in the mobile app, but not on PC Web view!!!!

• Corey TrautmanCorey Trautman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love a search feature. One that works like a Jquery would be great where it dynamically filters as you type. Especially for closed tasks. It is difficult to find and reference a task once it has been closed out.

• CostasCostas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So, Microsoft is planning to add email notifications of due dates and create plan templates, even allow external users to view/edit tasks BUT no plans whatsoever about adding the very basic element of search functionality!!! Well done Microsoft.

• MoMo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really can't believe basics like a search option is not available planner. It's not hard to add Microsoft. Seeing as 'search' is part of nearly every app, the nature of a Planning app should include this.

• SarvanSarvan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Off course, there is a very important need to search and filter plans, tasks and other elements in Planner.
        Thanks you in advance!

• Lambert HsuLambert Hsu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We were very excited about Planner when added to O365. However, the lack of a basic "search" feature to quickly locate (instead of manually scrolling) current and completed tasks, as I will put into the Queen's english, "really sucks"! We (users) appreciate the opportunity to provide feedback, but many needed features requested here after over a year (some seemingly simple), are not showing any signs of status or completion (and not on roadmap). Please provide updated roadmap or update...

The beauty of the cloud and using metadata is to search instead of file - please add search into the tasks so you can be in the Planner Hub and search into the plans.

• Brett AbrahamBrett Abraham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a key feature my organization is looking for; We would like to make Planner our primary project planning tool, but it feels severely lacking without this functionality.

• Ulf HagströmUlf Hagström commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When searching for "search" in this feedback forum I found several requests that are basically asking for the same thing (basic search capability).
        I wish I could search my own planning data just as easy as it works here ;)

You can type Control "F" and put in the search word in the search box that comes up in the upper left hand corner. Planner will highlight the tasks that match.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base