• facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Partially complete  ·  AdminPlanner Team (Admin, Planner) responded  · 

Thanks for your feedback!

We’ve improved upon the Filter menu within a plan to give provide options for viewing certain tasks within a board.

We are planning to expand upon both the Filter menu options while exploring how to build search functionality that can fulfill the needs mentioned on this thread. Please comment if there’s anything in particular you’d like for our team to consider!

Cheers,

The Planner Team

206 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • David Schrag commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is not intuitive that search functionality would be under the Filter menu. Perhaps you could call this "Filter/Search" or "Search/Filter? Or at least add a magnifying glass icon?

• Walesa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Searching amongst plans would be a good addition too for when there will be lots of plans (archived or not)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When will the search function all over available?
        I used command F to search, but it doesn't work within the tasks, only on the tasks name

Please add search functionality which includes searching all subcontent of Planner (not just title; tasks, comments included)

• Chaz Weber commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is something I sorely miss from Trello. We decided to adopt Planner since we "already pay for it" over Trello. As we continue to spin up Plans, however, its difficult to find a particular task without a quick search function.

• AndreaL commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add "search" functionality. We are using this tool for assigning/tracking meeting actions and it is challenging to quickly find one (whether active or complete) so remind of the status or follow up on an outcome. Ctrl+F is only somewhat useful.

I want the capability to search for historical cards that have been marked as completed, or are so far down a list that CTRL+F can't find it.

Trello has a great search capability!

• René commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would indeed be great to have a search across all plans. f.e. when you use @Name to indicate someone is involved in a plan you can easely search @Name to have a list of all tasks/plans that a person is involved in. This text search should be combinable with task properties (Not started, started finished) an should also search in the checklist.
        Thanks to emplement this feature !

Please add "Search" in order to find a completed tasks. At the moment it's not possible to come back (to find specific tasks in a bunch of hundred tasks) to completed tasks.

• Merethe Stave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be awesome if you could find a way to search across several planners! If you are a member of many projects and activities with different planners or even within one Planner related to a project there can be many tasks and some of these shared between People. A search functionality across the Planner and across several Planners is a must for user adoption.

• Justin Piwetz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would recommend taking this "text filter" out of the drop down for filters and adding it to the page as an ever present search box... possibly dropping the rest of the filters out from a drop down from this search box.

• Jim Reilly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need to be able to search description and checklist fields!!! Was totally bummed when I realized the filter by keyword ONLY went against the card name...How can something like search not already be built into the solution? Give us search...give us the ability to tag (beyond 6 lables). If you're gonna take on Trello you've got to bring it! Ugggh!

• MRP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Planner Team - Great to be able to Search via the "Filter" unfortunately that is not completely intuitive or obvious to end users. I would leave it as is, but I would also add a Search bas at the top of the Board, probably on the left hand side.

• Bart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ctrl-F just performs the browser search, and not an entirely indept search on tickets content (not shown in the Board view for example)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11

Feedback and Knowledge Base