• facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Partially complete  ·  AdminPlanner Team (Admin, Planner) responded  · 

Thanks for your feedback!

We’ve improved upon the Filter menu within a plan to give provide options for viewing certain tasks within a board.

We are planning to expand upon both the Filter menu options while exploring how to build search functionality that can fulfill the needs mentioned on this thread. Please comment if there’s anything in particular you’d like for our team to consider!

Cheers,

The Planner Team

297 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Bryan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Frightening that we cannot search for a task across all the plans we have, my tasks, or anywhere else.

• Memnon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having the ability to search for Planner tasks/cards straight from the Microsoft Teams application would be a tremendous benefit but also adding it to Microsoft Search would knock it out of the park!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My planner board has a large number of tasks on it.... I can't search for text contained in the subtasks or comments... This is terrible... Struggling to find the task that i am getting asked about.

• Robert Campbell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on this? The last Admin post on this was April 2018. It's almost 12 months later and still no search function.

Can we have a simple search text on page function, I don't need to search every chat, person, channel etc if the text is on the current page.

• Howard Roeber commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Search Functionality like the one in Outlook Tasks is a must-have in my opinion, it would save so much time not having to scroll through all of the buckets

• Tim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Since users often work in several groups and plans, a search function across all plans would be convenient. Example: I created and assigned a task and right now I didn't recognize a) in which plan I created this task and b) in which channel I send the message that it's done (did I just answer in this particular task using the comments option, did I send a mail or did I message in Teams).
        As Microsoft has created an integrated search option for Microsoft 365 tenants with Microsoft Search and this will soon be available throughout all products, it would make sense to integrate it into this search as it enables a single configurable search experience across every product.

The filter is great but I have 50 different channels. It would be nice to search all of the channels at once not just in one specific channel.

Planner is really useful, until you have to search for something and then you wish you'd never used it in the first place. PLEASE get this feature out to users, asap.

Trello is the best Kanban tool by far in terms of search functionality, so if you're looking for one to copy, that's the one.

• Jean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please, without this feature for any tasks more complex than changing a baby's nappy is a must have, without that, teams cannot collaborate. When when when? This request have been out for years now?

• MWG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes Yes Yes. Please add the ability search for text in a task name (or better - any text).

• Dillon Hansen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm very interested in this feature. I'm really trying to make planner work for my team but its lacking some quality of life features like this one.

• Joe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on this? While the filter is helpful, it does not search the description, comments, checkboxes.

• Lynette Lukenbaugh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The same search feature that is available in all other Office apps would be great...search key words in tasks...title field, description, etc. I recently started using Planner and was very surprised that this basic feature is missing.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15

Feedback and Knowledge Base