• facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Partially complete  ·  AdminPlanner Team (Admin, Planner) responded  · 

Thanks for your feedback!

We’ve improved upon the Filter menu within a plan to give provide options for viewing certain tasks within a board.

We are planning to expand upon both the Filter menu options while exploring how to build search functionality that can fulfill the needs mentioned on this thread. Please comment if there’s anything in particular you’d like for our team to consider!

Cheers,

The Planner Team

277 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Lynette Lukenbaugh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The same search feature that is available in all other Office apps would be great...search key words in tasks...title field, description, etc. I recently started using Planner and was very surprised that this basic feature is missing.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Like searching in your inbox, it needs to search ALL the text, not just the title! For example if someone makes a comment with some important information, you might want to search for that data, which won;t appear in the task title.

We love the Planner to keep track of our IT tasks. But the more we use it the more we find we need a search function that will go through both open and closed tasks. That would make this product so much more complete.

• Kris Young commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you please provide an update on adding a search box to easily find tasks by key word? It lists you were looking into it in April so hoping it is coming soon!

• Rafael C Jimenez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In April 2018 you mentioned the planner team was exploring how to build the search functionality. Any updates about the search functionality? Any progress in the last 10 months?

Please add Search function.
        The filter function only works for keywors in the title of the task

Hello,

I confirm that with a search engine, this app in Teams will be very hard to be adopted when there are lot of information to manage.

• Fernando Alves commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With several plans I belong to, I need to search on a plan level but also on all plans at once.
        It would also be nice to have some advanced search features such as:
        xtpo assignedto:user1
        would return the tasks assigned to user1, where the string "xpto" appears.
        Other queries could be added, for instance with due dates, such as we can do in Outlook: duedate: thisweek

Desperately need full search functionality. Without it it's impossible to convince our teams to use it as the competition has it out of the box...

• Joel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this 'feature', it's been nearly three years since the first request.

• Timo Jensen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do like the way to Filter for Keywords, but it should also be possible to Filter/Search within Descprition and Comments.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14

Feedback and Knowledge Base