How can we improve Planner?

Subtasks

It would be good if we are able to create a subtask to an existing task.

1,934 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AlexAlex shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

55 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • ChristianChristian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not only do we need sub tasks, but a way to conveniently view them by parent task so that we can track each individual sub-task's progress. Some might say that a scrum board is required.

• MarcusMarcus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with Craig. I'm happy to use checklists as sub tasks but being able to assign due dates and people to each would be very useful. And lets face it it'd put Planner out in front of Trello!!

• CraigCraig commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

checklists are fine, but please give option for subtasks to be created where you can assign due dates and different people to those subtasks... This is a much more desired option.

• ShawnShawn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Subtasks or a checklist that allows sub comments inside them. I like how you can escalate a checklist item to a task, but keeping it under the same checklist would be ideal for our needs. A small arrow allowing to hide or expand each conversation.

• AliciaAlicia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need to be able to assign tasks out to various people like in Wrike

• Randy MandelRandy Mandel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Checklist is convenient way to organize tasks within a card but because the checklist does not have separate due dates or assignments it is limited in capability. If in addition to the ability to create a new card from a checklist item we had the option to create a new card and link it to the current card via the checklist item that would be helpful. In that case we would have the full functionality of a card to manage the 'sub-process' but not lost the connection back to the original card activity.

• AdamAdam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We strive for the ability to add subtasks to the task and assign subtasks to different people (ie. 1 person is responsible for the whole output - main task - other people are delivering the elements - subtasks - that will give us the output.

Subtasks should be visible as separate tasks on the plan with visual information that they are subtasks (not standard tasks) and to witch task they are connected (like Jira Agile).

• AlexisAlexis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like the idea of being able to assign the task to multiple people and then to attach those people to checklist items.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The checklist feature is good . Anot alternate feature could be that we should be able to multiple peogle to task and then tag them to checklist items

• Michael WatersMichael Waters commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would agree with the below comment... Doesnt seem like Planner will be able to meet my needs at this point, which is unfortunate. I really would like to move away from Sharepoint list Tasks into using Planner. Must have ability to add custom fields, so we can monitor pieces of information about a Task such as Branch, Department, etc. The current capabilities just won't work. Please improve this Microsoft. Seems like things are moving slowly with this project.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Between this issue, and a couple of other major missing components, it seems like Planner is not quite ready for prime time. It's too bad, because I was really excited about the possibility of using it.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base