How can we make Planner better?

Share plans with external people/customers

Please let us share plans with external people. Or at least tell us how to do this! For example, if you work in a project with a customer, they may want insight in your work.

633 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Guest access is live in Planner! To learn more, visit: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Planner-Blog/Bring-your-plans-to-life-with-guests-in-Planner/ba-p/190704

We have two more parts of this feature to deliver:
1) Comments enabled for guests to see and use
2) The ability to invite a guest from within Planner

Thank you again for your patience and feedback on this!

Cheers,
The Planner Team

28 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Dylan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To add to this - I need to spoon feed the guests and using a URL for them to access is far too much of a mission for them use. They need quick and easy access via a smart device, ideally the planner app

• Dylan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree - this is precisely what I'm looking for.
    I have guests who cant access the planner app to collaborate.
    They have to access the plan via URL.
    Extremely impractical and a deal breaker

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also need to allow guest access in Planner mobile apps otherwise this functionality is pretty useless

• Oliver commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Planner Team, any Updates on this? Pls provide some more information. Thx

please make sure that External People / Guest are able to see the comments in the tasks and are able to add comments

• Junior commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

External Guest are not able to add comments, this is basic !! Please deliver it !

• Michel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please make sure that External People / Guest are able to see the comments in the tasks and are able to add comments.Them just seeing the task but not seeing any of the updates is useless

• Siddhartha Mankad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In creating external access, could you please ensure that security is appropriately configurable - as it may not be appropriate to show / share all tasks or plan elements with all users.

• Arvind commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Planner Team - is there an update on this feature? Sharing the plan as a minimal step will provide a great value add for client engagements. Additionally - any way we can export the schedule out to a friendly view to share with externals??

• Becky Martin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

HUGE need for this feature. With the point of Teams being a communication tool, this is an important feature. Hard to believe this flaw was noticed during testing and corrected before being Teams was promoted so heavily at Ignite.

• Andy Hegedus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need this as well. We work collaboratively with Clients and would like to give them access to the Plan for their work as well as all the samples we attach to the tasks. How do we get them access so that they can edit and add attachments as well?

• Sudharsan Raman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need this feature very badly on our projects with subcontractors located all over. Meanwhile, what are others doing? I'd rather not use a 3rd party tool.

This feature is supposed to on the road map can we get an update on when this might be available?

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base