Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Planner?

Date format

The date format is fixed to mm/dd/yyyy, could this please be selectable based on your region - for example we use dd/mm/yyyy

Thanks

1,127 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    In development  ·  AdminPlanner Team (Admin, Planner) responded  · 

Hello!

Thank you for your patience and feedback. We’ve found a fix for this issue and are working hard to implement it quickly. We will update this thread once it has been tested and implemented.

Thank you,

The Planner Team

201 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Lynne Manzo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

EN-AU workaround is OK if accessing Planner online, but it cannot be used when Planner is being used it the MS Teams ap. Any news on that date format fix? Its almost a year since you "found" the fix. Why is it taking so long to implement?

• Heinrich commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please include the option (regional setting) to use of ISO 8601 date format especially yyyy-mm-dd.

By the way this applies to the whole "SharePoint and MS Apps world". Date format is currently doing everything but not working like desired.

• nk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi
        Would love to see this. Why is there no simple fix for this? My settings for every other application are set to dd/mm/yyyy and yet planner is just different. I can't believe that really can be the case.

I've bookmarked the "EN-GB" as a work around. But I want to know why this hasn't been fixed after 3 years

• John B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

nearly a year and here in New Zealand we'd love to see that fix you found ...or even just an update on when we can expect to see it ...

• Chris ONeill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What a joke:

February 2018: "We’ve found a fix for this issue and are working hard to implement it quickly. We will update this thread once it has been tested and implemented."

• derek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on guys were in AUS and use dd/mm/yyyy when can you change this

• Oz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just to add to my previous comment, for friends in the UK, if you change /EN-US/ to /EN-GB/ in the Planner URL it changes the date format. This, however, is a workaround so needs fixing, urgently. Mistakes are happening because UK users read 1/2/2019 as 1st Feb 2019 - I needed this particular task completed by today (2nd January) and it's not as they thought they had another month!

• Oz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft, if you wish to retain / build the positive energy from your clients around the world regarding Office 365, you need to communicate regularly in response to frustrations. Any reasonable person will accept that comprehensive, global solutions with a massive user base take time to update. BUT, saying that you "are working hard to implement [a fix] quickly" and then go silent for 11 months is very poor customer service. Please provide an update, even if it's to say that you're not there yet.

• Anonymouse commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

11 months on and still no fix suggests you're not working very hard, and / or don't appreciate our patience.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This needs to be fixed asap. Us Brits simply cannot work with U.S. date formats!

hi, when is the fix coming along to remove the American only date format in the planner. Would like to know when this is implemented as DD/MM/YYYY, there are many users that do not like the current format...and I am one of them :-(

Deperate to have this as must have DD/MM/YYYY format for my users.
        The workaround is not ideal..

Yes - very confusing if you are based in Europe/non-US. Please give the ability to set user preferences otherwise Planner dates are ambiguous - and not easy to use. When will this be fixed?

Consulting at a client site, and have read that Microsoft have not made possible a simple date format change. It is embarrassing to tell them this simple fix has been overlooked. This is not a way to win over customers. It is especially critical for Planner as people rely on dates to inform them when tasks are due. Having the wrong date format displayed can easily lead to dates being interpreted wrong.

"Working hard to implement it quickly" - if 2+ years later is a quick fix, I would hate to see slow...

Microsoft - please can this be fixed - it's utterly confusing - why doesn't Planner follow the same regional settings as the rest of Office 365?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11

Feedback and Knowledge Base