How can we make Planner better?

Date format

The date format is fixed to mm/dd/yyyy, could this please be selectable based on your region - for example we use dd/mm/yyyy

Thanks

1,266 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Completed  ·  AdminPlanner Team (Product Manager, Planner) responded  · 

Hello!

We’ve completed the work to reflect the proper date format based on a user’s Office 365 language setting.

If you’re still having issues with this, please send us feedback through the settings menu (Gear icon in web app or mobile apps) so we can further improve this experience.

Thank you for your feedback and patience,
The Planner Team

246 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can confirm that this is not fixed and remains in the US date format on the Planner Bd when this is set correctly at tenant level - please reopen and resolve

• Joe McGiven Corban commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree, this isn't working for us in NZ either. I updated my own personal Regional settings via Delve, but still no luck - that is, whenever you click Planner from the apps menu it will load en-US (referring to Browser, not Teams).

The default for all should be based on what the Tenant setting is, and this cascades down.

• Robert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The date format of Planner when viewing in Teams can be changed. In the Teams desktop client, click on your photo and select Settings (cog), then on the General tab you will see Language. Change the first entry of App Language determines the date and time format to your locale.

Thanks Microsoft for fixing, but please try to: 1 - be better with your defaults as most people aren't in the USA. 2 - educate everyone on where to change settings, this was hard to find

• Andrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please can Microsoft respond to the comments of its users as the Date format is still not fixed.

Regards
    Andrew

Still not working for our tenant either. Varying services link out consistently to en-us, whereas we require en-gb. Surprised this wasn't identified within testing, please revert back to development on this.

Dear Admin team ,

Please fix it , is the setting in office 365 admin settings or planner settings?

• Mark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed with Anonymous April 13... Is there a way to set default planner (in browser) links to include /en-au/ based on Tennant location?

Anonymous April 13 - I've found that if your personal account (language) settings in Teams is set to 'English AU' then the date format seems to format correctly based on those... but still doesn't reformat in browser.

Just embedded a Planner in Teams for my first experience at using Planner; and have hit this date issue.

Going to make it very painful for us (Australia)

• David Cooper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Product Group,

How did this even pass testing? I’ve raised a support issue as to me this is now a defect as you have stated it’s fixed.

• Stuart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am unable to get off the US date in the Planner tab in Teams app. i have set the language to English (Australia) in my profile but it makes no difference.

what am i doing wrong as its infuriating!

• Damien commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Planner team,

still wrong region when choosing the Planner icon.

Link on Portal is en-GB
    Link on app picker whilst in SharePoint is en-US
    Link on app picker whilst in Outlook webmail is en-AU
    Link on app picker whilst in Word Online is en-GB

So still all over the place.
    I have checked with a second user with identical results.

Our region is Australia.

• Hayden G commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Planner Team. Recommendation: get new testers. Old ones suck. Mark as 'In progress', apologise for celebrating too early, and revisit drawing board.

• MRP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not working. Please don't mark things as "Completed" when you haven't actually fixed anything. This should be re-opened immediately

← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13

Feedback and Knowledge Base