Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Planner?

Date format

The date format is fixed to mm/dd/yyyy, could this please be selectable based on your region - for example we use dd/mm/yyyy

Thanks

845 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    In development  ·  AdminPlanner Team (Admin, Planner) responded  · 

Hello!

Thank you for your patience and feedback. We’ve found a fix for this issue and are working hard to implement it quickly. We will update this thread once it has been tested and implemented.

Thank you,

The Planner Team

145 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, I am adding a feedback to planner. Great tool but the date is problem for me as well. I am used to Monday -> Sunday calendar and I am not able to set up the calendar (start date and due date) to this format.

Please add this functionality sooner I will loose my mind! :)

Thanks, Petra

I would like this changed too, it seems like you have known about this being a problem for a while, you are limiting the use of your product in countries that do not use the US format and consequently damaging your reputation over quite a simple fix.

When the fix (eventually) comes it also should address the links in notifications sent from planner. Despite me setting everything I can to English - UK all of the planner links in the mails direct me to a page with .../EN-US/... in the path. That messes up the dates and I have to change the path manually in the browser to .../EN-GB/... in order to get back to DD/MM formats

Agree - This should be linked to your O365 preferences. Please at least give an estimated date.

• tao commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make Office 365 seetings apply across all Office 365 applications.
        As it it, makes absolutely no sense!! >:(

Thank you Matt (and annonymous) for the workaround! :))

• Clive commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please, please could you have Planner in O365/teams honour the region/Locale ??? The US date format seems to be unchangeable for a UK user !!?
        We need DD/MM/YY to, er, Plan stuff!

Any update post the comment above dated February?? It is very confusing for those not on the mm/dd/yyyy format!

• Pete commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bump... any update about when we will see DD/MM/YYYY format please? It's a bit of a pain

This is very confusing. No point in using a task management tool, if you're not sure when tasks are due! Why can't it simply use the date format preference set in the O365 Admin Centre?

• Stanley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Over 4 months is not working quickly. I am aware this comment is not helpful but frustration about wrong dates is not helpful either!

Has any progress been made on this? It is really confusing as it looks like I have actions for 06 November instead of 11 June.

• Evan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding my voice to the growing number of people needing this fixed. Wow not seen this mistake since SQL date format in code been forced to US format.

• Matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,
        We are now 4 months on from this being put into development. Would it be possible to get an update please?
        I like planner, but am finding some very simple things, like this date issue, are still outstanding and the lack of updates is giving me no confidence that there will be improvements soon. I don't want to have to go back to Trello.

• [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sick of the "******** way" being forced on all users, disregarding the fact that having the month first is illogical!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base