Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Planner?

Date format

The date format is fixed to mm/dd/yyyy, could this please be selectable based on your region - for example we use dd/mm/yyyy

Thanks

1,219 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    In development  ·  AdminPlanner Team (Admin, Planner) responded  · 

Hello!

Thank you for your patience and feedback. We’ve found a fix for this issue and are working hard to implement it quickly. We will update this thread once it has been tested and implemented.

Thank you,

The Planner Team

216 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • John Gillanders commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a work-around to this in the meantime, change the language code in the URL in your browser's address bar and then bookmark it with the new language code. I.e. change where it says en-US to en-NZ, en-AU, en-UK etc. and press enter to reload the page. Still, it's ridiculous that this hasn't already been fixed. It should of course automatically use the language based on Office 365 language settings... It amazes me that huge multi-billion dollar companies keep reinventing the wheel over and over and over...

• Oz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Microsoft - please can you define exactly what you mean by "working hard to implement it quickly". All your non-US users have been waiting nearly 2 years for this, so please keep us more regularly updated.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft has demonstrated that they are incredibly incompetent. They have also shown a total disregard for the voice of their users.

What is the status - this is completely crazy that we - working in Europe have to deal with the US date set-up! When will this be fixed???!!!! - You were working ******* this ONE year ago!!

I thought this had been fixed? I changed mine via settings and it's worked....
        I clicked on my profile pic, then settings, then it opens to the general tab - in this bit you can select the "Language" and under "App language determines the date and time format" I chose English (United Kingdom). Am I missing something sorry guys?

It has taken 2 years for Microsoft to realise that they have a global customer base who use different date formats....wow

Hi 'The Planner Team' - any update on this?

I see a lot of questions in forums, and the first response I often see is submit your question in User Voice. As such I would expect that everything posted here would be frequently looked at and an update provided periodically even just to say we are still working on the issue, etc.

This one (like many others) hasn't had an update since 5th Feb 2018 :(

• Adam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Given that I believe only 1 country in the world uses the reversed dates, the decision to fix format to US one is an interesting design choice. Please fix it based on format selected in the O365 settings.

• Ken commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Over half my team see UK dates the rest only 5 see US dates. Anyone seen this before and perhaps know the solution? there is a mix between win 10 and win 7. Some use Chrome but IE works and strangely Edge give a US date format when looking at Planner. I have tried to change the region setting in the SharePoint site but this does not help everyone. Any thoughts idea gratefully accepted?

When accessing the Planner from a SharePoint site, the URL sometimes does not include the EN-US text and therefore can't be switched to US-GB.

• Lynne Manzo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

EN-AU workaround is OK if accessing Planner online, but it cannot be used when Planner is being used it the MS Teams ap. Any news on that date format fix? Its almost a year since you "found" the fix. Why is it taking so long to implement?

• Heinrich commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please include the option (regional setting) to use of ISO 8601 date format especially yyyy-mm-dd.

By the way this applies to the whole "SharePoint and MS Apps world". Date format is currently doing everything but not working like desired.

• nk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi
        Would love to see this. Why is there no simple fix for this? My settings for every other application are set to dd/mm/yyyy and yet planner is just different. I can't believe that really can be the case.

I've bookmarked the "EN-GB" as a work around. But I want to know why this hasn't been fixed after 3 years

• John B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

nearly a year and here in New Zealand we'd love to see that fix you found ...or even just an update on when we can expect to see it ...

← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11

Feedback and Knowledge Base