How can we make Planner better?

Include Task Priority

1,832 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Guilherme Morais shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

105 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes - Need to be able to prioritize tasks and have an option to display them in the order of priority. Can kind of do this with due dates, but makes you manipulate the due date to get it to display in an order of priority. Some have said low, medium, high, but i would like to be able to set a number between 1 and 100 and have it display in that order. Thanks!

Support this request!!!
    Our project is about further development of (an already existing) internal system. we need to categorize the tasks according to lots of criteria:
    1. Purpose of a new function (currently done by buckets)
    2. Status within the development process - is it still a general idea, was it already specified, is the task in the development by the IT, is it being currently tested etc (since the status options are not sufficient (only 3 of them there), labels are being used)
    3. Development effort of the task (currently there is no way to categorize)
    4. Benefit for the users - high=high priority (currently there is no way to categorize)

Please create a box for task prioritization. It’s a Must for a task planning tool!

• Leon Maier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this feature! We want to move from Jira to Planner and need this urgently.

• Richard Griffiths commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is still a needed feature. I can't believe it's still missing.

Even on Outlook Tasks you have three prioritiy settings. Sort it out Microsoft!

• Mark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be highly benficial to have a field that can be used as a priority level.

• Simon Cullen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please! +1 Labels are for differentiating types of tasks, not prioritising. I know that you can manually order the tasks but prioritisation would be a great help if you could look and see instantly whether it was a H/M/L etc. As per JIRA tasks.

• LillyG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Priority to the task would be highly appreciated ! Priority 1-10 would be fine og "High-medium-Low" as mentioned below.
    I would also like to have the possibility to show the tasks in a list (1 line for every task)?

• Rob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This idea was shared Apr 29, 2016 and it hasn't even been acknowledged by the Planner team? Our team would like to use this product, but it is not worth the effort without a way to prioritize tasks and view tasks in a simple list (just by title) by priority.

Yes please, this is necessary for our team to fully adopt this product. Labels are being used to classify level/skill of work. Need separate field for priority.

Please add a Priority to the Task. This could be High - Med Low. Or a scale like 1-10 or even 1-100.
    Labels are limited and being used for categorization. Due date is not necessarily a priority. This is a high priority need for this product. Thanks

• Mark Moore commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Using labels is limited by the fact the number of labels is also limited. We have multiple plans where we are using the labels for other things. The absence of this after so long is shocking, not even a comment from the Team!

• JP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use labels, but there is no way to sort by labels, is there? Sorting by labels would allow them to be better used for priority setting. Might be an easy way to get this function available ASAP. For me too, thanks.

• Dave G commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use labels, but there is no way to sort by labels, is there? Sorting by labels would allow them to be better used for priority setting. Might be an easy way to get this function available ASAP.

• Susan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Shocking there is no priority option. This is crucial to tasks (!!!), especially people who work in teams (literal teams).

• Griff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The only current way to prioritize tasks that our company has found effective is by using the Labels (our company is trying to be MS Planner based). The labels leave a little color next to the task and we have been using the colors to label what the task priority is. Although, a better solution can definitely be conjured. MS Planner is looking to be great! Just needs a few more tweaks.

Using labels is an obvious option however they are not really very visual. Having the option to even change the entire tag colour based on or in addition to the label would be a great feature.

Even something as simple as allowing us to pick the color associated with a task would be helpful.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base