Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Planner?

Add or Integrate Planner Tasks with a Calendar

Calendar integration. Add tasks and their status on a calendar.

6,201 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Doug Clelland shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  AdminPlanner Team (Admin, Planner) responded  · 

Hello!

Thank you again for your feedback and patience. We’re happy to announce that the schedule view of tasks is fully implemented and the iCalendar format feed is coming soon! Head over to tasks.office.com to check it out!

Here’s a link to our support article to learn more about viewing your tasks on a calendar: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/view-your-tasks-on-a-calendar-8647d2c9-9bc7-466a-b5b3-74b3596fade2?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

If you’re still interested in an integration with Outlook, please follow along with the conversation on this thread: https://planner.uservoice.com/forums/330525-microsoft-planner-feedback-forum/suggestions/11037114-integration-with-outlook-tasks

We’d love to hear your thoughts on these two new features! Feel free to comment below, send us a smile through the O365 menu (select the question mark icon, click ‘feedback’, then include the word “Planner”), or tweet using #MicrosoftPlanner.

Cheers,

The Planner Team

360 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Although Planner tasks appear in Outlook online, they are not appearing on the Outlook for Mac calendar? Is this an oversight, user error or unsupported feature?

• Daryl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great if Planner task checklist appeared in the Outlook calendar entry.
        And it would be great if there was a two-way sync!
        I think I could then fully evolve away from using tasks in outlook then.
        I could then see my Planner-linked tasks each day in calendar and on IOS calendar as well as in Planner and/or Teams.

• Oskar Sandwall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding an icalendar export from planner that you can import in outlook is NOT an integration in my mind... Especially when you have to expose your entire planner "plan" to the world to do it. Security is out the window!

this would be very useful to be able to add with the existing outlook calendar integration

• Tom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the tasks are open to anyone with link so not secure at all... #feature-fail

Love the idea of having planner tasks viewable in outlook. However, any changes to a planner be it a new item, change of date etc. does not sync or update through the iCal feed. Would need to remove the feed then re add to have any updates go through. This feature is pretty much redundant until this the syncing is fixed.

• Jeff Allen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I see it is starting to roll out but when I add tasks it isn't syncing beyond what was first there as calendar is added. Please fix ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!! If I remove and re-add it adds tasks but to do that every time a task is added is nonsense!

For many people Outlook (Windows, iOS, Android, OWA) will be their default working application, their ‘goto’ app. However, the mobile Outlook apps lack tasks functionality and the todo apps seem to lack consistent connectivity to exchange server. Therefore, it seems a strange omission to create the planner software suite and not build in connectivity to exchange server even at a minimal level of allowing the integration of scheduled tasks from planner appearing in the appropriate person’s outlook calendar. Are you telling us that you have created a separate calendar function, re-invented the wheel and not entered into dialogue with the exchange server guys? OK. Exchange Server uses the JET engine while planner is layered on top of Sharepoint which is layered on top of SQL server. There are connectors out there. Go and play.

Can someone please tell me how to add a time to my tasks in planner. If I have a customer meeting task at 2pm I can't see any way to add the time. I can add the actual date but not the time. This seems rediculous..

This is not practical at all. You have to go into every single plan to go and see the schedule view. I have about 40 plans at any given time - does not make sense at all. Surely It has to be on My Task level to be able to see all my tasks, disregarding the plan.

How much development time was spent on this "completed" feature yet it's not even close to what any of us were asking for. How does this even happen!

Just get rid of the software if you're not wanting to support it.

• Julian Knight commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with other comments about multiple plans. Indeed, planner as a whole is still far too limited around a single plan per group (unless that has changed recently).

Waiting for Outlook integration anyway since there is no other realistic way to manage the many calendars we use (e.g. multiple people, rooms, Surface Hubs, etc).

So, right now I have a calender for each plan.... but I use several Plans to work on and I need an overview, so one calender which shows all task from all plans. How else should I organize my work?

• Peter Gulka commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"the schedule view of tasks is fully implemented"

Sure, except I can only see the calendar view for one Plan at a time, and not all the tasks I have, or all the stuff my teams have going on.

• Justin Watson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You have got to be kidding me. Literally no one was asking for a new, separate calendar to be added to this app. We just want our tasks to show up in Outlook, like any reasonable task-management app would.

Utterly baffling.

• EdH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is awesome, but hoping there is a plan to add "My Tasks" to an iCalendar style link so I can see everything I need to do regardless of planner.

• Marc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm confused, I thought Microsoft was integrating planner tasks with Outlook's Calendar, so users can easily view tasks assigned to them along with dates. All is see is a calendar in planner... This is an improvement, but not a seamless integration for the end user, I was hoping that end users would not have to go out to portal.office.com to see tasks, but look at the calendar in outlook.

The cheap and easy fix would be to include a add to outlook calendar link in the email generated when Planner sends an assigned task to a user.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 17 18

Feedback and Knowledge Base