How can we improve Planner?

Add or Integrate Planner Tasks with a Calendar

Calendar integration. Add tasks and their status on a calendar.

3,629 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Doug ClellandDoug Clelland shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  Planner TeamAdminPlanner Team (Admin, Planner) responded  · 

Thanks for all the feedback on this item. We have several features planned in this space. The main items we’ll work on first include:
    1. Support viewing Planner Tasks on an Outlook Calendar
    We will add the ability to turn on an iCalendar feed (.ics feed) for the “My Tasks” view and for each Plan. You can subscribe to this feed in Outlook to see Planner tasks in context with your other events.
    2. Create a Calendar/Schedule visualization
    We’ll create a new view that allows you to easily view and edit tasks in the context of a calendar.

As noted, we are planning other feature in this space, including deeper integration with Outlook and other parts of Office 365. Let us know in the comments how you’d like to use calendar integration.

Thanks!

216 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • ReneeRenee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need to be able to integrate into individual user's calendars. We want to have a Project with Tasks that show in the Group calendar - with filters to show/hide "assigned to" and/or Bucket, custom fields, etc. Would like the ability to have the task also show in the "assigned to" employee's personal O365 calendar (but not the rest of the team personal calendars).

• Evelyn FigueroaEvelyn Figueroa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am shocked! After adding all my projects and task, I expected to view and manage all of them in my Outlook Calendar. But I discovered that each project has its own calendar and it is not able to show the tasks. I hope you can add this features soon because if not, for me it will not be helpful. Thanks!

• Paul WalkerPaul Walker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Looked at Planner for the first time today and laughed. The task summaries don't show start dates and the calendar it creates does not show anything. MS didn't integrate Outlook with tasks very well in years gone by and it doesn't. Honestly, I'm better off creating tasks in Calendar that I can see. Outlook, just like Planner, lets me amend tasks, meaning that Planner isn't adding much value for me! A poor show demonstrating, I feel, how out of touch MS can be. But happy to be todl if I've not learnt what's available.

• StefanStefan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Certainly, the integration with the Outlook calendar would be nice. Just like the Integration with Outlook tasks and Wunderlist.

When you are doing this Integration, consider that depending on how users organize their work they may want to see the tasks in the calendar at the start date, the due date or another date, for example the date of a steering committee meeting (this would require a custom filed) that is a certain number of days before the completion date.

Thus, please allow for flexibility as to the date when you integrate Planner with Outlook calendar and Outlook tasks. Same with any calendar/schedule visualisation.

• Shea SudolShea Sudol commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

NEED the ability to copy task 'Templates'. I know many others have mentioned it, but it would be SO nice to have this feature.

• Glenn RoweGlenn Rowe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Was very surprised it was not integrated into Calendar.
        Also very surprised a notification is not sent to a person when they are added to a task. How are they supposed to know?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,
        it would be great to :

- Duplicate some "Template plans" : For i.e. if I want to Schedule an appointment with a candidate, I'd like to have 3 or 4 tasks planned at Day+1, day+3 etc. to follow the candidate.
        - Have an automatic link between tasks and Outlook calendar
        - Be able to create tasks using VBA in Excel

I'd definitely use if it had improved features.

• Julio MejiaJulio Mejia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hola Saludos dede Colombia equipo Inhouse Creativo de TOTTO, genial estas herramienta, estamos atentos a esta integración del calendario con el planner.

• EricaErica commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would like to be able to sort or group by the color tabs
        Would like to be able to sort by group but also bucket in the my task view in Planner
        Also the Trello integration is VERY lacking....let me know if you need help with that :)

I like the idea of having a visual like a critical path schedule where you can see when task are due in context of time.

I'd like to be able to link to a shared calendar within planner. Example: I create a social media posts calendar and want to be able to see that calendar directly in planner without having to go back and forth.

• Frustrated Cheese HeadFrustrated Cheese Head commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The fact that we have to ask for this feature of Planner is laughable. Come on, my tasks in Planner do not even show in the Planner groups own calendar?! First I find that I cannot print anything from planner, now this. Frustrated.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11

Feedback and Knowledge Base