How can we improve Planner?

Add or Integrate Planner Tasks with a Calendar

Calendar integration. Add tasks and their status on a calendar.

3,347 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Doug ClellandDoug Clelland shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

194 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Either start pushing these features out or confirm development for planner has ceased so we know to migrate away to / from

• Pru BellPru Bell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see the start and end dates for tasks to be automatically in the project group calendar with the abiltiy to set reminders. Thanks

How long does it really take to decide to pursue a feature? Listen to your people and your products will be used. I work for the University of Pittsburgh and they rolled Planner out this year. So far, no one at our organization has been using it.

• MattMatt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this. It would make the program so much more useful. Right now, it's double work to setup the task in planner and add the calendar invite. In lieu of direct integration, if you could at least add the button for "New Skype Meeting", that would be helpful.

That would make us use Planner a lot !
        Even if for any reason you don't link it to Outlook, at least we would like to be able to see the tasks in a view that shows a calendar with the different tasks for different people

• Richard MarksRichard Marks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I had a talk with my COO today and after waiting for months I guess Microsoft doesn't plan to develop this feature after all. They must plan to just let third party apps provide this functionality. Too bad Microsoft doesn't listen to it's users. Third party solutions are dismal. Too bad Microsoft can't polish this off.

• Michael SharpMichael Sharp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If this isn't possible it would be better to put us all out of our misery and confirm that this is not on the development list and then people can work on alternatives?

Would very much like to see this functionality

• Joseph ThornleyJoseph Thornley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have tested Planner at my company and have stopped using it for now, primarily for the lack of integration with the Outlook Calendar and Tasks. If Planner were to be integrated with these in order to allow us to display a calendar of the tasks assigned for each planner project, we would use Planner frequently.

• Andrew TrottAndrew Trott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

getplan.co does this extremely well at present however it only works with Google accounts. Would be extremely useful to not only manage project deliverable dates but also schedule time within calendar to complete certain tasks that are within Planner.

• HermanHerman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Indeed very urgent. It makes me so sad that an integration with outlook taks is not standard. How is this possible?

This would make the system perfect to use, I´m sure many of my colleagues would buy it as well....
        but I´m not sure, if they would wait for another year...we will choose another system instead.

• SabrinaSabrina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please intergrate it with calendar or at least tasks. Maybe the calendar view would do the job. Or maybe give a option to add to calendar if he/she would like.

• Asti TaovAsti Taov commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have waited one year and did not get any update on this feature. I are looking for other tools. We cannot wait any longer.

Best regards,
        Unsatisfied customer

• Jennifer ScottJennifer Scott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I NEED "Planner" to add tasks to "tasks". The whole point of using one platform (Office 365) is that it's fully integrated. HELP!!! My company is threatening to move to Google Drive!!!

• mrmr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Email notification when a task is assigned to you is huge!! (Without subscribing to every single group message)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10

Feedback and Knowledge Base