How can we improve Planner?

Add or Integrate Planner Tasks with a Calendar

Calendar integration. Add tasks and their status on a calendar.

5,718 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Doug Clelland shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

303 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • TARA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Note that App4.pro works good as an ad-in... it integrates quite well.

• Paul Lawton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Asana just announced improvements to their EXISTING calendar.
        Planner doesn't have one.
        Could have a great future, but not until it catches up a bit.

• Brett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@ Planner Team,

Get this done, and we will have a really workable CRM solution in Outlook 2016.
        We are SO close, and the last piece of the puzzle is Planner integration.

• Erik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, will be great to have the Planner tasks with its start and end time reflecting in the outlook calendar, even if I have to use a flow to get it there. You started July - when will you be done?

• Anon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are all looking for when this feature update will be posted. Is there a timeline fix/update that we can please tell our teams? Thanks!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Planner Team. I'm really pumped about your product but I'm having a hard time trying to convince my staff that this is the direction to go because there are several features that are missing. We have been waiting a long time for this product to mature and with features like:

-- Calendar Integration
        -- Email notification for tasks
        -- Due Date Notification
        -- outlook Add in to add planner tasks
        -- External User access

This would help us a great deal move towards Planner.

The integration of the planner with the calendar was announced in the Office 365 Update for November 2017, but in my planner the calendar does not appear on the menu. What is the plan? How do I enable this option?

• Nic Souris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It seems you can go in one direction using Flow, but not in the other. I can create a flow that allows creation of a Planner task to a specific Plan from an Outlook task, but I cannot create an Outlook task when a Planner task is created. I can create an Outlook event when a Planner task is created and if I have dates on my task, that might be enough. Calendar is already integrated into Teams so this does not seem to be a big jump for Office365

Any ETA? Seems like a minimal requirement for planner tbh, how did you launch planner without outlook integration? It's the one thing employees look at all the time.

• oscar mora commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

1. Support viewing Planner Tasks on an Outlook Calendar
        Do you mean onpremise Exchange / Outlook? or =365 Outlook.
        Thanks for clarifing

• Rhys Scrivener commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why is this taking so long... It is a key feature that needs to be there to make Planner worth using.

• Dave Joseph commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What is taking so long to make this feature work? Nearly everyone who has tasks on a deadline wants to be able to view/share them on Outlook calendar. How was this not built in from day one?

• Hayley Miller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there a timeline for release of this feature? I get many questions about when this will become available.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16

Feedback and Knowledge Base