Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Planner?

Multiple Boards Per Plan

It'd be really nice to be able to add and manage multiple boards for a given plan. I'm thinking different boards for different work streams, backlog boards, building out boards for different sprints, etc.

I think this fits better into the 1-to-1 Group-to-Plan setup that you've already built than the multiple plans per group request, though that would be a work around for this kind of thing if you can move tasks between plans.

194 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Josh Wittner shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is almost a deal breaker. When opening a planner from sharepoint, I can only have one planner?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Multiple boards would be necessary to have different view on the tasks:

By release

By sprint

By feature

• Bader K commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Multiple Boards per plan or group is essential. Why a different group for every board, or even a different group necessary for every plan?

• Clinton Campbell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wholeheartedly agree with the other commenters. We're creating groups for each client. Unfortunately, with multiple projects running at the same time for a client, our boards get a bit messy. While it makes a lot of sense to have separate groups for some projects, it greatly expands the number of channels we have to watch.

While the current setup makes the most sense in organizations with clean divisions between teams and projects, it doesn't jive as well in a small group with every person sharing a role in every project. Likewise, I see this posing a bigger challenge when we are able to invite our customers to participate in the boards since we work with small companies where each employee wears many hats.

• Tim Hardy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was surprised to see this feature missing. When I tried to create a new board, Office 365 created a new Group. That made zero sense to me. I didn't want a new group. I needed a new task board to further organize tasks within my existing group.

This is how Trello works. This is how Planner should work. Groups -> Boards -> Tasks. Boards do not equal Groups, yet that is how Planner works currently and that simply doesn't work at all for us.

• Brett Hinton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be really helpful for us. If a plan is going to be the same as an O365 group then we would need to have multiple boards as the way we use groups doesn't map to a single project per group.

Feedback and Knowledge Base