Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Planner?

Printing Capability

Printing Capability - company and individual. Ideally would have the ability to print out the entire planner board so that everyone at the company can see the entire project list and have a transparent way for everyone to track performance. Similarly would be ideal to allow individual users print out their tasks.

1,499 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

197 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Heinrich commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For visual management printing is required. The computer screens are way to small to get a complete overview of a project landscape. Especially if a complete project landscape includes several plans (top level categories) and the specific status buckets within them. Printing possibility for the cards would cover 90% of the need. E.g. we have roughly a 3mx1.5m board here to show the different projects/task in five lines (= plans) and with four to six statuses (=buckets) in them.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a school secretary, this would be a fantastic tool to add for those folks in the building who aren't as tech savvy.

My CEO would like the ability to print the Board to show progress against actions. Please add printing as an option.

• Caleb M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having a simple way to print Planner tasks would be amazing for our team. My whole organization uses physical visual boards, but we also want to track tasks in planner and be able to print and attach them. Right now we're doing "print page" which is not ideal and wastes a lot of time.

• Michelle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We really want to use MS Planner but without the ability to print it isn't going to work. I hope this can be resolved soon.

We want to start using Microsoft Planner instead of outlook but until it has a print function, so that a whole day (and potentially individual users scheduled tasks) can be printed.

• Matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Again lack of common sense. Just sort out printing MS what an oversight.

I find planner bordeline unusable without printing and exporting capability. I am only using it because our organization is trying to work with Office 365 and I don't want to add a layer of complexity. But the lack of basic, basic features like this are a a major impediment.

• Vonsta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be a tragedy to have to abandon planner due to the lack of ability to export / print ... but its a serious limitation that would not seem that hard to fix? Please invest in this functionality, as its a great little product otherwise.

• Gregory Kohs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have made a personal request to the Planner product manager at Microsoft (to whom I was introduced by a mutual friend). It sounds like Print is a frequent request for moving off the "feature backlog" list... but they aren't quite there yet. (Makes me wonder, if this product came out in early 2016, and they still haven't addressed Print in late 2018... I dunno...)

• Barry Brahier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm leading the charge for Planner within my company. Printing is a must if adoption is going to grow beyond the few innovators currently using it. Lots of reasons others have stated, and here's one more:
        We do brainstorming of priority using paper cards. So walking into a meeting, laying the cards on the table and letting folks duke it out until they agree on priority is critical. Printing Planner cards to PDF would make this work. FYI: Atlassian's JIRA product does this really well and we use it a lot.

• Luke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The requirement to print is at high importance to display current progress during meetings, please add this function to Microsoft Planner.

• Brett M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We really need this please - our industry requires us to provide point in time versions of plans periodically to clients - best way to achieve this would be to be able to Print to PDF / Export to PDF (and Print to actual printer - sometimes our clients require a hardcopy).

We already share plans via guest access - which is awesome for most up to date version, but we also need to be able to report where we were up to at a given point in time and be able to review progress - without the ability to export/print, this is really hard to do!

• Lina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

L’ajout d’impression serait grandement apprécié, puisque l’outil est très intéressant mais serait plus complète avec cette option. Merci

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10

Feedback and Knowledge Base