How can we make Planner better?

Printing Capability

Printing Capability - company and individual. Ideally would have the ability to print out the entire planner board so that everyone at the company can see the entire project list and have a transparent way for everyone to track performance. Similarly would be ideal to allow individual users print out their tasks.

2,006 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

241 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You could print with ctrl + p. But now this is not working anymore.
    Immediate action is required to solve this problem!

• Thomas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Printing cards would be valuable to discuss and exchange ideas with colleagues, who are not part of the Team, or team members, which are currently offline.

I posted and voted here nearly three years ago and yet here we are; no printing. This is likely a black hole. If a couple million people aren't making noise about something they most certainly won't be putting effort against it. Sad.

• Mark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the main reason why there is so much resistance to move to this tool. Every other planning tool I am aware of has the basic function of print.
    A seriously basic function that is desperately needed.

• libby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why hasn't this been actioned as yet. Seems like a basic feature that many need!

• anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seems little point in voting as this is so high up on the wish list but clearly not being taken seriously. One day Microsoft will realise people still have to work offline and will wake up to making this great little tool business ready. A print option is essential at all levels (plan, bucket, task, assigned, completed etc). As others have observed, despite the 1950+ votes this is not even listed as an improvement on the roadmap.

3 years and one month of comments requesting a print option, and still no progress. This program is dead in the water. No one is listening at Microsoft.

• Carrie Brown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree that this feature is greatly needed - especially since you can't "copy" the task content to a Word file to print from there either!

• Tammy Adolf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

there are 70+ topics on printing, and more than 1800 votes in the 70 topics (not counting the 1900+ in this topic), why is this not on the roadmap???

• Stefan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

seems that there is the possibilty to export to OneNote or Excel by right click with the mouse.
    The result needs a lot of rework to the appearance of the then provided document.

An opportunity for printing would urgently be needed - with choice to only print certain buckets, to print all buckets, to print open topics headlines only, to print open topics including all comments ... ... otherwise, like already stated below - this tool cant be properly used as a lot of circumstances need to have it printed as pdf or simply as a hand out the team or boss.

Can't even find this in the roadmap? We will need to use alternative options if we can't print.

Want to use it for our company, but unwilling to do so until I can print out tasks, buckets, plan lists... Visually and as a review, it helps for editing and other nuances that can be missed. Printing helps when reviewing lists in meetings while others follow along. I cannot ask our team to look at their phones or bring their computers to view the list every time. It's awkward, embarrassing, and oh soooo 1980's. This issue is truly archaic and mind stumping...

I will not allow our employees in the field to download the app and move forward until PRINT is an option...

Looking outside of Microsoft for options...

• Emily commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please come up with a print option. My boss still likes to see paper reports.

• Katja commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also cannot believe this is not on top of the list. Printing must be an option
    In ouer company many people need this!!

• Jason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cannot believe this is not on top of the list. Printing must be an option.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13

Feedback and Knowledge Base