How can we make Planner better?

Link a Task Card to another Plan

We Tried adding our major projects as Task Cards, categorized by various Buckets. For us, each Task Card is another Plan/Project by itself. If a Task card could be linked to their respective Plans, it would be a great drill down to see every plan in the organization in detail, and also see an Organization wide overview of Plans.

89 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AG shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very good idea! My case is one migration project, where several locations are migrated. there is a lot of communication, testing etc. for each location. Too many tasks to put all in teams without hierarchy. But if each local roillout can be a card with a start and due date, And if that card includes a link to sub-plan, that would do the job almost perfectly. Dates would still need manual update in case something is changed.

• Phill Shaw commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@MSL you should see "My tasks" in the left navigation menu; clicking the link should take you to a screen where you can see all your tasks.

• MSL commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Along those lines...when you are a member of various plans, to have a view that allows you to see all your task cards from all your planners (i.e. engineering, communications, marketing and HR all have plan boards)...I have assignments on all of those, and some tasks can be linked, as they are similar asks...If I could see all my taskings, I could flag similar items to the taskers, to see if we can have one solution for both issues. Or, just to see how my tasks are spread across my organization, for my own evaluation.

• Greg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a fantastic idea. We try to use planner the same way. 1 planner site to list all of our project possibilities. In this plan there are 4 buckets (Project Possibilities, Key Objectives, Departmental Objectives, Personal Objectives). We put all ideas in 'Project Possibilities'. If we decide to do the project we drag it into one of the other buckets. At that point, we need to create an entire Team or Planner site behind this.

• Doug McLachlan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please provide a way to get a URL for individual tasks. There are so many use cases where having direct access to a task via it's URL is necessary (linking to one task from another, referencing a task on a OneNote page or in Teams or Email )

Feedback and Knowledge Base