How can we improve Planner?

Time tracking for cards

Track the time spent on each card by each member that worked on it would be very useful, further with reports to easily consume this information.

Besides, if tasks were imported from Project (where work hours should be set by task)... time input could help to calculate the completion status.

732 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Victor Garcia shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

52 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Eric Beauchemin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Time tracking for planner for each affected member who work on a card so we can keep track of how much time each member spend on a 'Card'. We make estimates for each project task and that is what is charged to the customer. In continuous improvement, we could adjust our estimate based on the actual time spent for each task for a similar project in a future estimate. It would be necessary to generate reports and to be able to see in the dashboard the real time devoted for each task and for each collection. The projects would be better managed and we could more easily avoid cost overruns for a future project. Integration with billing or export to a CSV could also be interesting.

• Andreas Hagendorf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Time tracking would be very useful. Since You're already working on "guest access" this is one of the huge features holding us back from switching from MeisterTask to Teams/Planner.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i was so close to move into this program and had every one on board until I realized there is no time tracking for individuals assigned..... this is a must.

Is this something that you are looking at as we can't use it with the ability to add the time the task was / is due. THanks

This is the only thing which prevent us from moving from Trello (+ chrome addon)

You claim Planner is to compete with JIRA, but you can't track time to tasks? How was this simple feature overlooked?

The more and more I use PowerApps/Flow and the other suite offerings, I continue to notice the lack of such basic functionality

• DavidO commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very necessary!

It could be as easy as adding a time (number) and maybe type of time (billable, non-billable) to each comment added.

Please add so we can get away from spreadsheets this tool captures everything we need except time

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base