• facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Partially complete  ·  AdminPlanner Team (Admin, Planner) responded  · 

Thanks for your feedback!

With due date options in the Filter menu, and the ability to group tasks by due date category, we’re hoping that this will help Planner users find and organize upcoming dates and deadlines.

We understand there is still an ask for sorting tasks within an existing grouping, please continue to use this thread to share feedback on this.

Cheers,

The Planner Team

264 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Starting to use Planner at work as an enterprise-supported tool. The ability to sort within a bucket would be very helpful. We have large teams working on related projects in buckets; it would great to see those in the team context (when they are due, who is doing them, etc).

Additionally, I agree with other comments about more filter options: 2 weeks, next month, next quarter...

We have just implemented Planner for our social media post process - from start to finish - and noticed that the 'due date' always ends up at the bottom of the bucket. Is there a way, it can rise to the top and be the first thing you see in the buckets, otherwise there is constant scrolling to be done. Hoping a solution to this can be provided soon....thanks Microsoft.

• David Attenborough commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I feel the grouping is too limited. I'd like to see the ability to break up Future, possibly by Week / Month / Quarter. If there are limitations to the number of groups then show next 10 Weeks / Months / Quarters and then group the remaining into Future.

Group by Due Date is good - but tasks seem to follow an arbitrary order especially when drag-and-dropping from one grouped column to another.

Please enable an UP/DOWN button on each grouped column to allow all those tasks to be sorted by due date - maybe a small calendar icon with an up or down indicator for example.

• Melondy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a great application, but it's not easy to be organized in the grouped task. Have the option to sort each category in ascending/descending by date would definitely make the app much better.

• Rick McQueary commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

if you have more than 5 items in a bucket it becomes almost impossible to use this tool without the ability to sort. I see this was shared back in 2016 and 2018 is here and almost gone. Please provide this functionality soon!

• Ariane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really need this feature. I would also like these tasks to sync to the assigned person's outlook calendar with the ability to add reminders.

• Jane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding my vote for being able to sort tasks within a bucket, or within a plan as a whole, by a range of options such as due date, alphabetical on task name, assigned to, label/priority

• RO commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed - how is the ability to sort tasks by due date within each bucket and all views NOT a current feature?

• Sarah Broaden commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This tool is only partially useful if we cannot sort within buckets. I would love to be able to view it by person and then have something that sorts by a label (our priorities). Right now my team has no idea what to do first.

Would like the ability to sort within each Bucket by timeline, due date, person assigned etc.

Provide more date-based buckets; Today, This Week, Next Week, Two Weeks, Three Weeks, Four Weeks and Future (plus No Date list)

The Filter by due date option does not resolve it. Tasks still show up in the order I input them into each bucket, so later due date first.

Echoing suggestions from other users here that automatic sorting by due date by default in the Board view is the most logical option.

For us it would be great if we could sort per due date and see a fiscal quarter separation within the buckets.

i think the issue is bucket labels.
        o. Today bucket is ok
        o. This Week bucket has next weeks tasks
        o. Next week bucket has future
        o. Future bucket has this weeks tasks.

the grouping function places task due to start and finish this week in the future bucket. is yhis a buh?

• Darrell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Automatically sorting by due date by default would be an excellent and logical feature

We use the tasks to mointor workload, automatic sorting by due date as an option would be ideal as this would mean tasks dont get missed and as a manager I can see what each person has on that day.

• Felix VA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The filter is not enought. Options are very limited. Please provide the ability to sort tasks within a bucket by a-z, z-a, due date.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14

Feedback and Knowledge Base