2,589 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback!

With due date options in the Filter menu, and the ability to group tasks by due date category, we’re hoping that this will help Planner users find and organize upcoming dates and deadlines.

We understand there is still an ask for sorting tasks within an existing grouping, please continue to use this thread to share feedback on this.

Cheers,

The Planner Team

299 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Roy Green commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sort task by due dates within the bucket as a default. Hello, this is planning 101 and a basic common function.

• Inna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Every time I go to planner, I have to re-sort to the filter I am using. Why cant it remember that I like my tasks sorted this way? Or why can't I set a default preference and have the tasks default to this sort so I dont have to re-sort every time?

• David Auth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Rather surprised that this is still an item since 2+ years ago! How ubiquitous is sorting, and why is it not available??

• Dana commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Group by feature should be revised so that it defaults to what you last had it on OR you have the option to alter the default in settings. I assign multiple tasks to my team and there's been some confusion when they see certain tasks before others bc they are grouped by Progress. Would appreciate the same features for Buckets in Teams as well.

• Kelsey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be helpful if we could set the sort view we prefer or if it at least defaulted to the last used sort.

• Belle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this would be so very helpful. One of the reasons my team misses using trello vs planner

• Ryan Amidon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would still be very helpful. The drag and drop sorting is very painful for large lists.

• Smitha Edulakanti commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Organise or filter bucket by due date, start date, assigned person, date created, name of task ascending or descending.

• Jackson Capeletti commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Get the buckets sorted by due date is required, as many comments. There's the group by due date option, however, sometimes we need to see tasks grouped by other information and still having to see it sorted by due date.
    The filters help a little on that, but there's only date group options. Sometimes we need to filter for a specific period.
    Having the possibilitty to filter by a given start and finish date would be great.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Organise or filter bucket by due date, start date, assigned person, date created, name of task ascending or descending.

• Bob W commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In addition to being able to filter/sort within a bucket/task group by due date, being able to pin a task to the top of the pile would also be pretty useful for critical tasks that you don't want buried under lesser tasks down the stack.

• Bryan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I’ve had to result to using 1 - / 2 - / 3 - when naming tasks so my folks know the proper order to complete tasks - can we please get sticky sorting adding to my selection is always remembered to to sort tasks based on due date?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi there - I really like Planner, but am really struggling (as other comments) with the fact that all tasks do not automatically go into date order and are really clunky to move around on the desktop.

Also that very often there seems to be an issue with saving things and the only way to resolve this seems to be to shut Planner down and open it again, but I then have to make sure I copy and paste info which is annoying. Please can you tell me when these things are going to be resolved?

Thank you

← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15

Feedback and Knowledge Base