Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Planner?

Schedule reoccurring tasks.

Add the ability to schedule tasks every day, every Wednesday, every last Friday of the month etc...

5,413 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Planned  ·  AdminPlanner Team (Admin, Planner) responded  · 

Thank you all for your feedback and votes on recurring tasks!

Our team is still in the design phase of this feature, but it’s on our roadmap and something we’re looking forward to bringing to life in Planner.

The information you’ve provided on how you would utilize recurring tasks has been extremely helpful. We reference and point to our UserVoice forum constantly! If you haven’t already, comment below to let us know how you would like to use recurring tasks.

Cheers,
    The Planner Team

970 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Planner 365 user commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Every day I see suggestions and ideas coming, feedback Microsoft is almost non existent.
        I'm going to start using Project 2016 Online for my projects.

• Josh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a basic feature. Trying to sell this as our platform over trello, but feel it might fall short without it

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need to have recurring tasks or really whats the point..? the alternative is to say that the tasks don't recur which is unrealistic.

• John K commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I absolutely love this idea. My employees are constantly updating due dates and this fixes that.

• Laura Chapman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To make this app truly useful, would be key to allow recurring tasks and tasks sets that repeat across multiple projects.

• Barry R Morgan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes is a basic feature that I will need - as there are many tasks are repeatable in my organization. However, please do not stop at this feature alone. there should be a customizable / editable table that you can associate each of the resource names with tasks that roll-up into the buckets, task categories, resource types and resource hours for each task - and an export feature to html page, ms excel, ms project.

• Joe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes Please, or the ability to copy a plan and or bucket! We have month-end, year-end, quarterly lists of tasks that would be perfect for Planner, but the hassle of recreating the plan makes adoption unlikely!

• brian@priceromine.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

wow, can't believe this was not one of the first features to include....won't be able to utilize planner until tasks can be recurring

• Eric Maney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have recurring tasks on a daily, weekly, monthly, and annual basis. This would be a great option to have

Feedback and Knowledge Base