How can we make Planner better?

Schedule reoccurring tasks.

Add the ability to schedule tasks every day, every Wednesday, every last Friday of the month etc...

5,891 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Planned  ·  AdminPlanner Team (Product Manager, Planner) responded  · 

Thank you all for your feedback and votes!

As an update, this feature is still planned and is on our backlog. It is working it’s way up our backlog, but we haven’t scheduled work for it yet. We will keep you updated and update this thread as soon as we start development!

Cheers,
The Planner Team

1024 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Andrew Pye commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1.

This would complete Planner as my full to-do list software (versus To-Doist or any others).

• Yin Song commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The tool is excellent and appears to be set up with the intention of being able to be used as an integrated project management tool so it absolutely needs recurring tasks. I work in reporting and often have reporting projects that occur for set periods of time at a specific frequency. I'm sure the same can be said of many other types of projects.

• Raul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is not an optional function. Would be a "must" since the begginning

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely need recurring tasks and to be able to copy and paste buckets/multiple tasks etc

• Janice commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ability to schedule reoccurring tasks would be extremely beneficial

• Allan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Repetitive task is a very important feature.. please add it. Also when using groups.

• Jia Miin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would also like to suggest that recurring tasks do not appear multiple times in the view, but just remain as one task with recurrence enabled.

• Anon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely add this feature or Planner is useless to me.

My recommendation on recurrence pattern options:
    "Every x <day> of each month" - Example: Every 1st Monday of each month
    "Every x days" - Example: Every 14 days
    "Every x day of the month" - Example: Every 5th day of the month

Use a lot of the same logic that is part of Outlook for the recurrence patterns and that should cover it.

• John @ AutoReturn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We just migrated to Office365 and are eager to try out Planner. We are finding it useful for our first few plans that we created.

The biggest missing feature that we see is we would like to be able to create reoccurring tasks. Our operational teams have lots of on-going tasks that are daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly responsibilities.

Feedback and Knowledge Base