How can we make Planner better?

Schedule reoccurring tasks.

Add the ability to schedule tasks every day, every Wednesday, every last Friday of the month etc...

5,891 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Planned  ·  AdminPlanner Team (Product Manager, Planner) responded  · 

Thank you all for your feedback and votes!

As an update, this feature is still planned and is on our backlog. It is working it’s way up our backlog, but we haven’t scheduled work for it yet. We will keep you updated and update this thread as soon as we start development!

Cheers,
The Planner Team

1024 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is utmost important - planner is useless to us without it (used as a daily group schedule - To-Do is nowhere near comprehensive enough)

The recurring feature is of value to our organization. Can Microsoft implement this soon.

Recurring tasks is one of the only things keeping me from migrating my entire workflow, please add!

Confused why what seems to be a simple and much needed addition is taking so long to implement?

I really want to use incorporate the use of planner in my organization but not having recurring tasks is a deal breaker ;-( Please add this

Microsoft you take way too long to give your customers what they are asking for. This is why your otherwise fantastic Windows Phone died, just way too slow to get things done. Other companies listen, hear and deliver to their customers.

Man, this is ridiculous. Why is taking so long for such easy thing to accomplish?

• Russell Brumfield commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to schedule recurring tasks would be a great feature for organizations such as Finance Depts. that have such tasks as reconciling bank statements, printing checks, payroll schedules, etc.

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi team, any update on this so far? The last update was nearly a year ago, and this is one of the staples of managing a workload effectively.

• Sabine Neuhauß commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear Planner Team, I just started using planner and like all the possibilities it is providing. A feature to create templates for tasks would be a great nice to have though. Many Tasks e.g. 'preparing an event', 'checking cv's', … I have to do several times during a year. It would be great, if I could save a certain Task with its checklist, description and attachment as a template and then, when I add a new Task have the Option to either create it completly new or select from one of my templates. Best regards!

• José Santiago commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please, recurring options to include several weekdays to choose from and change on going forward base for season/holiday adjustments, like regular smartphone alarms

Any update on this? 8 months ago it was in the works? Seems like user feedback is not high priority.

• DAvid Dyte commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No update, no reoccurring tasks in 3 years? Seem like Planner will be replaced before this is added such a pity.

• Eric Sawatzky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can we get an update on this? We have a lot of users that can't use planner because this feature is missing.

• ch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seems the developers don't give a **** what people want/need...

• J Nash commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously. You shouldn't even have released this without recurring task functionality. That's not a small thing.
    Sometimes I start thinking that Microsoft isn't the glitchy, poorly planned product that it used to be, but then something like this is exposed.
    This is a huge fail.

Feedback and Knowledge Base