Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Planner?

Schedule reoccurring tasks.

Add the ability to schedule tasks every day, every Wednesday, every last Friday of the month etc...

5,413 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Planned  ·  AdminPlanner Team (Admin, Planner) responded  · 

Thank you all for your feedback and votes on recurring tasks!

Our team is still in the design phase of this feature, but it’s on our roadmap and something we’re looking forward to bringing to life in Planner.

The information you’ve provided on how you would utilize recurring tasks has been extremely helpful. We reference and point to our UserVoice forum constantly! If you haven’t already, comment below to let us know how you would like to use recurring tasks.

Cheers,
    The Planner Team

970 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Peter Kormos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Task creation is quite time consuming at the moment. We need recurring option as almost every task we do is recurring!
        Task copying is a manual workaround that you need to remember befor filling out the task details. Please make it happen!!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It makes absolutely no sense to use Planner without recurring tasks. Nearly 75% of our department tasks assigned occur on a weekly, monthly and bi-weekly basis. We simply do not have the time to type in a task every single time. We were excited about what our team could accomplish with this until we discovered there was no way to set up recurring tasks. Please make this a priority!

• Sarah G. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a high priority need. We need recurring tasks for weekly, monthly, quarterly, yearly, every 3 years, etc. I can't fully move over from Asana until this feature is added.

• Roberta Blank commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Until this feature is available, it doesn't make sense for my team to use planner. Working in finance, we have the same tasks on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis. We don't want to create the same tasks each month manually. I would be much better for us to be able to mark the task as recurring at whatever interval (daily, weekly, monthly, every 3rd Wed, etc). When looking at the recurring options, they should be the same as is available in outlook.

• Markus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also want to implement the planner in our team, but until the possibility for recurring tasks is not available it makes no sense for our Team. Please push this feature.

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey Microsoft,
        Don't get me wrong I know there's a lot of features you could add to all your applications,
        But surely a recurring task is a simple feature.

I am an IT technician and the only way I have found of achieving this is by using flow.
        I'm happy to use this,
        But the average employee isn't and would rather use "Outlook tasks", which we are trying to move away from.

Please, Please, Please, Please, Please implement this ASAP.

https://medium.com/@rob.quatela/creating-recurring-tasks-in-microsoft-planner-using-microsoft-flow-f605814734df

• Peter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For my team (internal IT support) we would like to use Planner to create recurring tasks;
        Ideally the task could be assigned to a number of people who need to perform it either every day, every week, month, quarter, 6-months, Custom interval, etc. and one person could check off the task when it was completed.
        This way we could as a team, both remember to do and have historical records of completion for these ongoing maintenance type things more easily, and potentially even see them coming up ahead of time in case some preparation was required for the task.
        I envision a bucket that could be enabled for recurring tasks, maybe a small calendar visible at the top of the task or bucket which would highlight the next occurrence of the task, or perhaps a text-based counter saying "17 days until next occurrence".
        Would also like to save the completion date/time/person for each occurrence within the task somewhere... ok to be buried in the UI, or maybe show that info for the last completed occurrence and expand/pop-out something to see the full history.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just wondering... "Tell us more" on January 24th 2018, "Planned" since 10th July 2018 and still not available? This seems to be a really though feature... Are you using Planner on your own for this to schedule? Sorry, but couldn't resist looking at the pace of implemention...
        10 new feature in the last year (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/roadmap?filters=Planner%2CLaunched)
        I would really like getting convinced to use this tool more in the hope that new feature will come in shortly, but this is a bit of a show stopper. Sadly this looks more like a side project of a part time developer, which isn't something I really like to bet on when thinking about rolling this out in the company! I'm truely disappointed!

• Francesca commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, when will this feature be available? For example we want a task 'Run report A' to show every Wednesday but not have to add it in manually every Wednesday.
        Thanks

• Katy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this functionality. I'm amazed that this didn't occur to anyone!

Feedback and Knowledge Base