How can we make Planner better?

Schedule reoccurring tasks.

Add the ability to schedule tasks every day, every Wednesday, every last Friday of the month etc...

5,891 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Planned  ·  AdminPlanner Team (Product Manager, Planner) responded  · 

Thank you all for your feedback and votes!

As an update, this feature is still planned and is on our backlog. It is working it’s way up our backlog, but we haven’t scheduled work for it yet. We will keep you updated and update this thread as soon as we start development!

Cheers,
The Planner Team

1024 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Julian Lilio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make a yearly (as well as quarterly) recurring scheduled tasks as well. This is important for example, recurring annual software licensing or maintenance fees that needs to be paid on time. It's also useful for tasks that needed to be done every quarter or every year (e.g., preventive maintenance of engineering team, etc.)

• Andy Phillips commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd be interested in knowing why this is not considered a core part of any planner or task system.

• Na commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Gonna throw my example in. I am seeing if I can get my department to look into another Teams-integrated solution outside of Planner only because of the recurrence issue. See this issue. I work in a client-payroll department with 110 clients, mostly semi-monthly. If I want to create a recurring task for payroll processing, I would have to create 2,640 annual tasks. If each task takes 30 seconds to create, that is 22 hours of additional work, simply because I can't mark the single task recurring. This really boggles the mind that Microsoft wouldn't consider this a required feature of a task management solution.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really? More than two years for something that's a basic feature for a task management?

• AJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Planner sounds great but is falling behind other planner apps. Recurring scheduling is a MUST - as is being able to view in Calendar (week, month, year) on the Planner app without having to go to Outlook - gantt chart would also be great. For Planner to be productive it needs to have these basics sorted out asap. The whole point of an app like this is to make things more efficient so I think everyone would agree that something so basic as scheduling recurring tasks should be a priority

• raj matangi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use planned a log to mange scores of tasks and about 30% of these are recurring. I am wasting lot of time just to create and schedule a weekly recurring task for 52 times. Really looking forward for this feature.

I agree with the probably 1,000+ comments on this, but we NEED this feature in order to drive adoption.

• Craig R commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We use planner in a Team SharePoint site, to help co-ordinate activityies. The sharepoint site works much better than lists in Word/Excel, as the ability to add notes and progress is really useful, especially if a team member is away.We do have a number of tasks that repeat either daily, weekly, quarterly so the ability to self generate the next instance of task on completion would be highly desirable, in preference to copy & edit. Short cuts get taken when you're under pressure!

What's the point of using planner if one cannot add recurring tasks to manage routine tasks in addition to one-time tasks?

Planner is not a good tool to use unless Microsoft add a feature that makes it possible to mark tasks as recurring.Please add!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 51 52

Feedback and Knowledge Base