Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Planner?

Schedule reoccurring tasks.

Add the ability to schedule tasks every day, every Wednesday, every last Friday of the month etc...

5,158 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Planned  ·  AdminPlanner Team (Admin, Planner) responded  · 

Thank you all for your feedback and votes on recurring tasks!

Our team is still in the design phase of this feature, but it’s on our roadmap and something we’re looking forward to bringing to life in Planner.

The information you’ve provided on how you would utilize recurring tasks has been extremely helpful. We reference and point to our UserVoice forum constantly! If you haven’t already, comment below to let us know how you would like to use recurring tasks.

Cheers,
    The Planner Team

930 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Karen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This functionality is important to our team
        Would like to be updated when it is available

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be extremely helpful if this feature was implemented ASAP. Seems like a no-brainer.

Please add this feature. It would be a great help. I like the ability of the recurring calendar events in Outlook where I can modify an event now and affect future elements of the series.

• anon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add the recurring tasks feature. This will make the product perfect to use within our organisation

• Chris Dodgson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not having this feature puts me off using planner. In the midst of managing a team that covers both projects and BAU, it would be great if I could use planner to manage all of the work in one place. Creation of recurrent tasks would be essential to this.

It looks like this has been an issue for a couple of years now, would be interested to know if MS are actually developing this, and what the timeline for implementation is.

I searched the roadmap and it is not listed there. So I don't believe this is "on the roadmap."

want the ability to schedule a task weekly, monthly, quarterly, annually. It would also be good to be able to customize when they are scheduled (such as bi-weekly).

• need recurring tasks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have recurring facilities-related tasks that need to be done weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually. Team members need to be aware of the tasks and actively pick which tasks they will assign to themselves, which ones they need help with from another team member or must assign to a contractor. The responsibilities are shared across the team. Having the ability to create these recurring tasks will save a lot of time so we don't have to repeatedly create the same tasks for each week, month, quarter, year.

It's good to see that people are still pushing this issue. I have just moved over from using Wunderlist to Planner for website management. In Wunderlist I had weekly tests scheduled and connected to a spreadsheet (using Zapier) so that I was keeping a log of any issues uncovered. I have struggled to set up the same thing using Planner and Flow, but I feel I can't be the only person this would be useful for. I hope that Planner does include recurring tasks soon, and it would be even better to be able to log completed tasks on an excel sheet together with any comments.

Being the only person managing my company's SharePoint Online site, I have several tasks I do on a reoccurring basis. Run stats every month, run a security check every week, etc. Having a system in place where I can document this, receive a reminder to do it but also help my manager to see what i actually do by documenting it all in one place would be extremely helpful. I thought Planner would be that place. Apparently not. Hopefully soon it will be more useful to me.

Any project and/or team has tasks that need to be done on a reoccurring basis. This really should have been included in the product upon release.

Oops. I accidentally flagged Anonymous share of this idea that was dated Feb 12, 2016. Did NOT mean to do that!

Reoccurring tasks is helpful to remind to do a regular check. At my work, we do a monthly inspection at the fasility… So yes, this is a fuction the should be in Planner.

We pay a lot of money for a 3rd party vendor to provide a reoccurring task manager. Ideally have either Outlook/Calendar and/or Planner schedule multi-year alerts for Annual Audit info, Reminders to complete Annual registrations, SEC scheduled guidelines, etc. Tag those alerts to a Group Inbox to exclude people on/off boarding.

It will be useful to create reoccurring tasks not only on a regular schedule (weekly, monthly, annually,etc.) but also at specific different dates. And of course each occurence could be changed ad hoc. Thanks!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 46 47

Feedback and Knowledge Base