Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Planner?

Schedule reoccurring tasks.

Add the ability to schedule tasks every day, every Wednesday, every last Friday of the month etc...

4,702 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Planned  ·  AdminPlanner Team (Admin, Planner) responded  · 

Thank you all for your feedback and votes on recurring tasks!

Our team is still in the design phase of this feature, but it’s on our roadmap and something we’re looking forward to bringing to life in Planner.

The information you’ve provided on how you would utilize recurring tasks has been extremely helpful. We reference and point to our UserVoice forum constantly! If you haven’t already, comment below to let us know how you would like to use recurring tasks.

Cheers,
    The Planner Team

882 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have a piece of equipment that needs to be filled every two days. Several people can do it. We just need someone to confirm that it was done and if it wasn't have everyone get a notification it needs to be done. A recurrent task would handle it for us.

If we are gonna start using Teams, this is a must for planning schedules with monthly deadlines to up to date. Super beneficial. Hope you can resolve the issue soon.

• Monica commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a critical feature that would make planner a significantly more robust product.

• Angela Dombroski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If recurring tasks aren't going to be supported for some time, the ability to copy all tasks in a given bucket or create a template with many tasks already included, would be a great help.

On July 10, 2018 ADMIN said - "We reference and point to our UserVoice forum constantly!" Really?????? How many times does the question "When can we expect an update?" or "When will this feature be available?" have to be asked before a response is given???

• Jessie Wright commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please update on status. I'd like to use this software, but without an ETA on recurring tasks, I can't tell if it will actually be useful to my team

Admin, please can you update everyone?? It's been a long time since your last update in July! There are a lot frustrated users including myself who really need this basic function.

• JerzyBoy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really A MS Team Calendar isn't automatic and Planner doens't have recurring tasks? Wow.

This has been an issue with Planner since 2015....really? Why is adding a simple feature taking THREE YEARS to implement !?!?!? Oh wait, this is Microsoft...never mind.

• Eric commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi. I'm a TRELLO user and would like to move to Planner as soon as this facture would be available. This is a MUST for our organization

• Samantha V commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you are able to offer this feature in planner our organization will definitely implement it.

Hope this can happen soon!

Microsoft--

I am a utility-scale solar/wind power plant asset manager for a multi-billion dollar private equity fund. If this feature isn't implemented in the next 30 days, we are going forward with purchasing asset management software and doing away with Planner.

I personally enjoy using this platform and see the potential in it. I am rooting for you to get er done. Cheers!

I work at a transition center for young adults who are struggling to get on their feet, and our team recently made the switch to using Microsoft 365. I have a number of recurring responsibilities daily, weekly, and monthly that I would love to not have to add manually into Planner, including:

Keeping the weekly shopping list for groceries and other supplies
        Meal planning
        Weekly cleaning checklists
        Creating and sending monthly newsletters to our supporters
        Weekly lesson plans for classes I teach
        Etc.

So glad you guys are working on this feature!! Any news on a possible release date yet?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 44 45

Feedback and Knowledge Base