How can we make Planner better?

Function to add more Labels

Sometimes the Labels are not enough, for example if you use it to tag different departments or functions

1,643 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Christian Paulsson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

358 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Linked to adding more labels, it would be useful to have dashboarding views on them. That gives users flexibility in the dimensions they are managing across - time, buckets, assignees and labels

• Greg Staky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be very helpful to be able to add more labels from the admin area, and have them apply to all plans in the tenant.

Definitely need to have the ability to add labels as and when required. Without this functionality the tool is not fit for purpose.

• Rob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Being able to customize labels - adding additional labels and customizing colors - is essential for us. I know I am not saying anything that the other 353 people making comments in this thread have said so I am just adding my voice to those who are both eagerly awaiting this feature upgrade and disappointed that there's been no comment from the dev team on it.

• Deepak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't know why there hasn't been any formal acknowledgement of the issue. Definitely need a feature to add more labels and customise the colours.

• Paya commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"More" labels are good, but I prefer unlimited labels. For example in Trello sometimes I use each color for different types of labels, then I have 30+ purple labels for example. This gives me great flexibility to filter and organize boards with great number of cards. I want to emulate the same in Planner.

• MIroslav commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear MS support team. Did You give up communicating with us, the users?

, I am now new to MS Teams and I can say, it is a shame, that each bucket has not their own labels functionality. For me each bucket is a separate action plan and now I have to work around that, When can I have this functionality ready, please?

thanks and kind regards

Miroslav

• Sonya commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any chance we can add more labels at some point in the near future? It would be super handy for my department

• Nate commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We're using this function to work as Epics. And we need many more tags to be able to do this.

• Sean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please let me add as many more labels as I want .. would be great to set any (or many) color per label as I choose as well.

• Evan Stama commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I notice that it is 3 years since this request was first given, there are 18 pages of comments and 1,520 votes for more labels and yet nothing has been done. Is there any point in upvoting and commenting on this or any feature request???

In the same boat need more labels, because need to connect my task to different projects. - is it still not changed? :-)

I have to agree. It would be nice if we could add labels at our discretion. I keep recycling labels as old labels become less useful, but I just ran out and am now resorting to hashtags in the task name since you can't filter by description. The ability to add tags, and filter by those tags, would be another option that would work for me personally.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 17 18

Feedback and Knowledge Base