Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Planner?

Function to add more Labels

Sometimes the Labels are not enough, for example if you use it to tag different departments or functions

1,123 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Christian Paulsson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

270 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • T. Schmidt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally! Not a fixed number to have more, just the ability to add another one. Recursively.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need this desperately. Buckets & labels let you create tasks with both a ProjectID and a Kanban Status (e.g. to do, doing, done, blocker) and then switch between views. It makes more sense to me to have the Buckets = Kanban Status and the Labels = ProjectID / Name, but we don't have enough labels to be able to have all of our projects accounted for.

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We've been asked to switch over to Planner but seriously I'm already amazed about how we can't add more labels! Will have a hard time moving away from LeanKit.

• Nigel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can we be informed if this is on the time line for implementation and if so when we can see the ability to add Labels.

• Greg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree, this is a deficient product without the ability to add labels and other custom fields.

This is a deficient product without the ability to add labels and other custom fields.

Yes add more and do a once-over to review the hard coded limitations.

AND GRID/TABLE view!!

• Hugh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At the risk of sounding like a broken record: more labels please! It seems like it would be a fairly easy development, yet it's approaching three years since the original request.... that's kinda frightening

• Annie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is a definite hindrance to Planner to only have six labels! It would be fantastic to have more labels along with customization options. I don't have enough labels for Planner to work as well as it should in our organization.

• BCoplen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is this product even supported? I see absolutely no response from the product folks on this request that has over 1k votes and was first proposed in 2016.

Is ANYONE listening to the user voice for Planner?

Six labels is not enough, we need the ability to add more as we need them. Trello allows unlimited...

I have several project teams using Trello. Trello allows an unlimited number of labels and you can easily view the name of the label in any view. These teams have stated that the lack of labels is a sever hindrance that will keep them from converting anytime soon.

Trying to use Planner for an Agile working method but struggling with only 6 label options; please let us add more!!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14

Feedback and Knowledge Base