Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Planner?

Function to add more Labels

Sometimes the Labels are not enough, for example if you use it to tag different departments or functions

953 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Christian Paulsson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

234 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are using the LABELS to indicate WHAT part of our Planning Roadmap any Task has an association with. We can't use BUCKETS for this because we are already using these for NOW, NEXT and FUTURE in the planning cycle. Labels are important because a Task can impact on more than one area of the plan, and only Labels can have a "Many to One" affinity.

Using the labels to tag locations would be very useful.
        How has the suggestion for adding labels been a conversation for 2 years and 7 months so far?

• George commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having a limit of just six labels is silly. Take a look at Asana and Trello.

Agreed. Whoever thought 6 was a good limitation was wrong. I know that in Asana you can add as many tags as you want and those work in almost the same way the labels work. I was hoping to migrate from Asana but I don't know that I can with this limitation. There are 220+ comments of people agreeing with this suggestion so it's frustrating that it's still not done when it seems like such a basic piece of functionality.

• Jeremy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need feature to add more labels. Serious hinderance to productivity to be limited to six, and very hard to energize a team to use Planer when they can't label their tasks appropriately.

• anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can we please have more labels? Would be good if you could add as many as you like. E.g. in Outlook you can categorize the email and there are many colors available. Similar would be good.

Who's the ********* that thought "Eh, 6 labels will be enough. No need to brake our backs" ?

• Bob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To add more labels would be very helpful to the organization, since we could organize teams by label and certainly we could use more than six

• David S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Additional labels would be very useful. We currently use this for different groups within the business, however, as we grow we may want to split this into teams within each group.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12

Feedback and Knowledge Base