Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Planner?

Function to add more Labels

Sometimes the Labels are not enough, for example if you use it to tag different departments or functions

1,496 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Christian Paulsson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

341 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the same boat need more labels, because need to connect my task to different projects. - is it still not changed? :-)

I have to agree. It would be nice if we could add labels at our discretion. I keep recycling labels as old labels become less useful, but I just ran out and am now resorting to hashtags in the task name since you can't filter by description. The ability to add tags, and filter by those tags, would be another option that would work for me personally.

• Arun commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Will need more labels to make the tool more usable/friendly. 6 is definitely no enough. More labels will help in categorizing in a much much better way.

It would also be helpful if we could click-and-drag to change the sequence of labels as needed.

6 labels is just not enough and it's a barrier to us migrating from Jira to planner. What the update on this feature? We are using Teams for chat, VoIP, files, view meeting but have to come out of Teams to use Jira. We want everything in one place. This simple feature which was requested in 2016 would allow us to migrate. Looking forward to your update.

Can we please add more labels to planner? 6 is not enough! Even 10 would be better than 6.

• scott urstad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Broader task labelling for cross-filtering is a very common feature of many other task management/Kanban tools like Wrike, Jira, etc. Planner can be a good simpler alternative to those tools with this capability. Please add this feature.

I agree, we need more labels and the abillity to use more fields. Without this one cannot sort and filter. We cant use this app without these features and will need to look elsewhere.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 17 18

Feedback and Knowledge Base