Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Planner?

Hide (Archive) completed Buckets

When completing Buckets it would be nice to be able to hide them so they don't take up space, but you still keep them in the statistics.

862 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Tajo Fittkau shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

71 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must. We're looking to replace Basecamp with Planner. The ability to archive and de-archive in Basecamp has been invaluable.

Potential dealbreaker feature.

• Gordan Redzic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes please. I put all of the high level epic deliverables into buckets that are basically sprints. But I don't want to delete them :) Archive would be key!

• Cynthia Wang commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, I agree! Some of our plans are on-going, and it'd be great to be able to archive a bucket (or multiple buckets) within a plan. This way, we don't lose any of the data, tasks, and buckets...but it's still there! This would also help with the real estate on our monitors (without needing to scroll).

• Adam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. The green "completed" tasks in planner keep increasing and taking up the pie-chart view. It would be nice to be able to set a time when the task is past relevance and archive it so that later one could still see the completed tasks but not in the stats.

• Mike Bird commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow this enhancement would be very helpful and basically put Planner at parity with Trello. Our teams run two week sprints so our buckets are named accordingly. Well after a few sprints the amount of buckets is becoming unmanageable. Would be nice to set a bucket attribute as "visible" or "archive" something so we can clear the screen of completed buckets. Thanks guys!

• Michael Paniak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This seems like a no-brainer. We're already 100 projects in and things are getting lost from a management perspective.

• Barry R Morgan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If resource names and work effort types with hours are added to buckets and tasks, then consider a business rule option to disable these hours when moving to archive bucket

• Jerome Browning commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a great need. No one has got this far yet so it may not be popular but this will be a critical need. The process should allow archive and a template creation all in one procedure.

• Josh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also add that it would be nice to have a feature to archive completed tasks. At some point, the number of completed tasks will dwarf the number of in progress tasks. Archiving would be a great feature to use say once a month or so. Then, allow a view of all the archive tasks so you can report on the entire year of work.

• Trevor de Vries commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Somebody in my organization thought they would tidy up their Plan screen - they deleted a bucket that they didn't want to see, and now 20 out of 21 of the cards are forever gone. The system should only let people archive not delete, unless they are administrators (and with ample warning)

1 2 4 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base