Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Planner?

Hide (Archive) completed Buckets

When completing Buckets it would be nice to be able to hide them so they don't take up space, but you still keep them in the statistics.

801 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Tajo Fittkau shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

67 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Irene commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The lack of an Archive option for Buckets is one of the reasons holding my team back from using Planner. Would be very happy to see this functionality added soon. Thanks!

• Stacey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add an Archive option - this is necessary for us to keep info to refer to. Thank you!

• Brad M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Archiving completed tasks and inactive buckets is an absolute must have for us to continue using Planner. it works great up until the time the need for archival.

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My organization adopted planner and swiftly went back to the old ways. We simply cannot use planner unless we can archive buckets. Maybe if we could just move buckets to a different plan? Perhaps a plan called "ARCHIVE"

• Greg Barrett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must! combined with the ability to "freeze" a bucket on the left hand side. That way you can have the current sprint bucket next to you Backlog buckets. Would also be great if the ability was replicated in the Teams Connector too.

• StanleyK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need this function to have a clean view when more and more projects have been launched.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Completed/Empty (free from pending/active tasks) should auto hide, the same way completed tasks hide within the bucket. This will help keep the view clean whilst still providing us with historical access to previous work.

• Emma Tseng commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree to archive completed Buckets, but sometimes I would like to exclude the completed tasks from the statistics. So it will be grate if administrator is allow to choose where to include or exclude the Archived Bucket in the stat.

I also agree, we need an archive function that groups buckets together once they are completed. We use Planner on everything and use the same groups throughout. i can't stop a plan to start a new one every time a plan starts getting lengthy. Alphabetical organisation of buckets would also be nice

• Ryan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Cant believe this is still not implemented in Planner from when first posted.This is paramount as we create a bucket daily and currently have to swipe past a month of buckets to get to current ones!! What happens when we have been using this for a year?!! Someone needs to get onto this ASAP!

• James Ward commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Needs this to make the doughnut useful, after a lot of completed tasks the 90% green provides a false representation of a project status.

Perhaps the doughnut includes recently completed, but after 1 month it archived the tasks?

• Dave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

totally agree, i have a bucket for month 1 project , month 2 etc but I currently have to copy the completed tasks to an archive bucket but would prefer to just hide completed buckets

It would be nice not only to archive completed buckets but completed tasks. When using long standing planners the completed tasks become overwhelming.

• Manfred commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must. I was very surprised to find out archiving is not a feature in the current version of the App.

For this to be a useful program, I need to be able to archive a project, then find the attachments I put in that bucket for when project necromancy happens, and I need to dig through old artifacts.

• Roshan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. I'm not sure why this was not a consideration in the original plan. How can we follow the progress/adoptions of the suggested features.

This is a must. We're looking to replace Basecamp with Planner. The ability to archive and de-archive in Basecamp has been invaluable.

Potential dealbreaker feature.

• Gordan Redzic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes please. I put all of the high level epic deliverables into buckets that are basically sprints. But I don't want to delete them :) Archive would be key!

• Cynthia Wang commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, I agree! Some of our plans are on-going, and it'd be great to be able to archive a bucket (or multiple buckets) within a plan. This way, we don't lose any of the data, tasks, and buckets...but it's still there! This would also help with the real estate on our monitors (without needing to scroll).

• Adam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. The green "completed" tasks in planner keep increasing and taking up the pie-chart view. It would be nice to be able to set a time when the task is past relevance and archive it so that later one could still see the completed tasks but not in the stats.

Feedback and Knowledge Base