How can we make Planner better?

Hide (Archive) completed Buckets

When completing Buckets it would be nice to be able to hide them so they don't take up space, but you still keep them in the statistics.

1,128 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Tajo Fittkau shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

121 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Eric Kirkpatrick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make this happen. Can't we archive the buckets? Deleting them is fine if you don't want to keep that info, but for me I do. I'm having to rename them for now but this is not sustainable.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Archiving buckets or plans is a must. It is inconceivable that this application was released without this feature.

Please add archive ability so that I don't have to drag buckets all the way to the right each time. I don't want to recreate the groups either, so archiving the entering plan is not an option.

Not having the ability to archive buckets as in Trello is a deal breaker. I don't want them in the statistics but still, need access to the historical data.

• Kris Platte commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not having the ability to archive buckets like you can tasks within the Bucket is a big limitation. Please add this to the Planner

• CA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this to Planner. You need to archive for historical purposes. This is a must.

PLease add this feature. work around is to create a extra channel "Archived 2018 items" and follow these instructions to move the whole plan and create fresh buckets. will only work for 1 archive

• Mike Hunter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm enjoying using Planner, but its feature set is very limited compared to Trello. While some of the other features in Trello may not be must-haves, this one is.

• Jools commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Feb 2016 this was raised and still no answer - really Microsoft.
    This is a 'must have' feature!

• skye19us commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! We should be able to archive buckets. I use one bucket per Sprint and it's hard to maintain when you can't deactivate.

Hiding/archiving buckets are really necessary. When there are many buckets, it's very difficult to maintain which are active or not.
    It adds so much more time just to move the buckets left and right. It's frustrating and not suitable for lengthy big plans at this point.

• Geoff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We create a bucket for each work order. We have 100+ work orders in progress. When we create a new one we have to scroll all the way to the right and then as its the most recent we have to move it screen by screen to the left as there is no screen scrolling. Hugely frustrating.

The ability to hide and archive are both essential to us.

Feedback and Knowledge Base