How can we improve Planner?

Hide (Archive) completed Buckets

When completing Buckets it would be nice to be able to hide them so they don't take up space, but you still keep them in the statistics.

606 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Tajo Fittkau shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

54 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Stephen Narwold commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is especially important because new buckets are added to the FAR RIGHT of the screen, meaning I have to scroll way over to see the newest buckets, while the ancient buckets are right there in front of me. I know I can reorder them, but that's annoying too, to scroll 50 buckets to the right, grab the new bucket, and pull it 50 buckets back to the left. No good.

Even being able to move buckets to another plan would be helpful. That way I could move the completed buckets into my separate "Archival" plan. Would mess up statistics though.

• Barry Butler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need the ability to hide/archive buckets, move them to other plans, and copy one bucket to another or create a template.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just started to use this tool ~4 weeks ago and this feature is already missing for me. Is it really an open question for developer team since 2016 jan? Ohh, that predicts not a fast adoptation to user needs... :(

Archiving buckets along with the ability to move buckets to other plans would really make this a useful tool!

This way as the bucket progresses through stages it can move to different plans as well, then get archived when completed!

This would be very useful! As it stands new buckets are being created in our use-case, and deleting all the information and lessons learned from completing the bucket seems barbaric and backward. Archiving so that the information is still available, but not cluttering the plan with closed buckets would be ideal.

• Enzo Zappulla commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Archive Buckets no long needed. I do not want to delete them as I would refer back to them in the future.

• Gaston S. Lopez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are using Plans per teams, and buckets to separate projects we are working on, then we use tasks to define what to do. Once the Bucket (Project) is completed , the only way to remove it from the main dashboard is to delete it and with that I lose all the info added to it.
        If we could create another view, which will include all the "completed" buckets will remove the clutter of the main / pending projects and also allow us to review what has been done.

Yes, this is a pretty critical oversight. I understand how you'd miss it in testing as it requires having a fairly mature board, but it is an absolutely essential feature for prolonged use.

1. I would archive a bucket once that set of tasks are completed and I no longer anticipate adding tasks to that bucket.
        2. I would like the archived bucket to be accessible indefinitely.

The only time I could see not needing to archive buckets is if you classify buckets based on permanent parts of your business; however, often, I use buckets as time-bound sub-projects within my Plan.

Just provide the same functionality as Trello for archiving. In Trello, you can archive cards and lists, and can close/archive boards. I would like this functionality for Planner.

Same story as the rest of the comments. Love the planner, but now that we have 50 completed buckets, it makes it confusing and harder to manage. Please create a way to archive these as i do not want to have to go through the headache of switching to different software.

• Joseph Boland commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is essential! I'm not aware of any good workarounds, and as others have noted, without this feature Planner boards become increasingly cluttered and eventually unusable. This should at least be in the "working on" category!

Archiving completed Buckets is a must! Please make this available ASAP. I just launched this for our team and didn't realize this wasn't an option until we completed our first bucket and need it to disappear off of our list! I definitely don't want to delete it, but I do want it separate from current buckets!

• Kashif Majeed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's pain to go through a lot of buckets or keep moving them around. This makes planner effectively unuseable as it's only good enough if you have few buckets but not ideal tool when you have a lot of buckets....

• Vincenzo Rispoli commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In our team we are considering buskets as collections of tasks (user stories) that should disappear from board as soon as last task of collection is completed.
        We'd like to archive data and hide them from plan board without loosing task information useful for statistic purpose.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base