Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Planner?

Hide (Archive) completed Buckets

When completing Buckets it would be nice to be able to hide them so they don't take up space, but you still keep them in the statistics.

768 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Tajo Fittkau shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

66 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jools commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Feb 2016 this was raised and still no answer - really Microsoft.
        This is a 'must have' feature!

• skye19us commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! We should be able to archive buckets. I use one bucket per Sprint and it's hard to maintain when you can't deactivate.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hiding/archiving buckets are really necessary. When there are many buckets, it's very difficult to maintain which are active or not.
        It adds so much more time just to move the buckets left and right. It's frustrating and not suitable for lengthy big plans at this point.

• Geoff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We create a bucket for each work order. We have 100+ work orders in progress. When we create a new one we have to scroll all the way to the right and then as its the most recent we have to move it screen by screen to the left as there is no screen scrolling. Hugely frustrating.

The ability to hide and archive are both essential to us.

If I delete my bucket I loose the complete history of my tasks :/
        Archiving buckets is on my top list.

But hiding buckets would also be nice to be able to better focus at what is currently at hand.

• Ariane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would definitely love to have that Archive Option - that way I don't lose all the documentation (comments, tasks, notes) we input in each bucket for timeline accuracy.

• José Pires commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see some archive function in Planner similar to what we have in Trello, then we can archive buckets that have all tasks completed. Currently I'm moving them to the right side as I do not want to delete completed tasks. However, this is still not good solution as I've distracted with those buckets without any active task.

I have one personal board and one shared team board. My Tasks pulls in tasks from both boards, of course. I dislike having to visually ignore the huge list of Completed items. I completed them so that I didn't have to work on or look at them. From a viewport/UI perspective they are taking up so much visual space that your eye naturally falls on that list sometimes and it shouldn't. My suggestion would be to add a filter option the lets the user 'hide' this entire stack of tasks.

• Vilmar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to archive a bucket would be great for for my team as we sometimes set targets that do not need to be done. But it's still good to have these visible for the team.

• Graham Brides commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To be clear, I want 'closed/archived' buckets to be hidden from stats, we are using buckets as Sprints and this is super important

• Stephen Narwold commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is especially important because new buckets are added to the FAR RIGHT of the screen, meaning I have to scroll way over to see the newest buckets, while the ancient buckets are right there in front of me. I know I can reorder them, but that's annoying too, to scroll 50 buckets to the right, grab the new bucket, and pull it 50 buckets back to the left. No good.

Even being able to move buckets to another plan would be helpful. That way I could move the completed buckets into my separate "Archival" plan. Would mess up statistics though.

• Barry Butler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need the ability to hide/archive buckets, move them to other plans, and copy one bucket to another or create a template.

I just started to use this tool ~4 weeks ago and this feature is already missing for me. Is it really an open question for developer team since 2016 jan? Ohh, that predicts not a fast adoptation to user needs... :(

Archiving buckets along with the ability to move buckets to other plans would really make this a useful tool!

This way as the bucket progresses through stages it can move to different plans as well, then get archived when completed!

This would be very useful! As it stands new buckets are being created in our use-case, and deleting all the information and lessons learned from completing the bucket seems barbaric and backward. Archiving so that the information is still available, but not cluttering the plan with closed buckets would be ideal.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base