How can we make Planner better?

Hide (Archive) completed Buckets

When completing Buckets it would be nice to be able to hide them so they don't take up space, but you still keep them in the statistics.

1,129 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Tajo Fittkau shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

121 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to archive completed buckets would make everything so much cleaner. Why track and organize tasks if you cant keep it clean?

• Natalie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a feature that would be very beneficial for our organization. Please consider adding it.

• Austin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please consider this feature. It will be a great help in our workflow

• John Armstrong commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature totally needs to be looked at and address. This feature would help tremendously!!! Thanks

• Brant Lumpkin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We use Planner as an organizational tool for our team and this would be a great feature to improve the organization of the multitude of tasks that we have going at any given time.

Thank you,
    Brant L.

• Jenson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello, I work with Brandon Haley. Due to the ever increasing projects, the amount of buckets begins to increase. It's been a great tool and hopefully we can see this feature implemented!

Thank you,
    Jenson Manning

As we have introduced Planner it has become clear we will continue to use it heavily and this would be a greatly beneficial feature and would be one more reason for us to suggest it to our network of clients and colleagues.

• Adam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I work alongside Brandon Haley below and it would definitely be beneficial if we had the ability to archive completed buckets. We've adopted Planner into our team's daily activities and it's a greta tool!

Regards,
    Adam W.

Dear Microsoft - Please introduce a way to archive buckets.
    My process is to have a bucket per initiative. Once an initiative is complete, I would like to Archive it so it is hidden but still can be referenced for metrics.

Please please please introduce this before my Planner turns into it's own living and breathing entity.

Sincerely,
    Brandon Haley

I want to archive a bucket so that I can drag completed tasks to a “June 19 Release” bucket then archive the bucket and have the tasks disappear from the stats. Otherwise the number of completed tasks grows and grows. I would have to create a new plan for every release now or delete tasks once the change is released

• Mike Norris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We use buckets to track individual projects. When a project is completed we want to archive the bucket so we can troubleshoot the process, learn how to improve it, etc. What we don't want is to have to scroll through dozens of inactive buckets, which apparently is the only alternative to deleting them. PLEASE add this functionality. Otherwise in 2 years we will have to scroll past literally hundreds of buckets to find the active ones, a tremendous waste of time. Thank you!

• Jackson Stinnett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need this to effectively use Planner for assigning tasks and grouping them to the project site (changes weekly)

• Kim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This function is very useful and please help us Planner Team.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base