How can we improve Planner?

Easily add Planner Tasks from within Outlook client and Office 365

Emails consume too much time and energy. As an email user I want to only view an email once and should be able to reply/forward to a person or Outlook Group/SharePoint Site, schedule a Planner task, and/or archive the email for future reference.

1,725 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

LannyLanny shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

29 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • DavidDavid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not practical for some large companies whose IT restricts plugins due to cost / security concerns.

• Alon EkelundAlon Ekelund commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why not use iPlanner Pro https://youtu.be/nPm6f5DfbW0

This Outlook Add-in gives even more features then the std online Planner. Beside the ability to do all directly from Outlook, on any device or OS you can.

* Create a task based on an e-mail content
        * Add attachments from an email to a task
        * Save in your calendar and the group calendar
        * PIN the add-in keeping it open

http://planner.iglobe.dk/

• Mike norrisMike norris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Similar to this request - https://planner.uservoice.com/forums/330525-microsoft-planner-feedback-forum/suggestions/13524084-add-or-integrate-planner-tasks-with-a-calendar

This seems like a no brainer. Wunderlist, which is owned by Microsoft, is already nicely integrated with Outlook across multiple platforms. If Microsoft wants us to take Planner seriously and integrate it into workflows, it needs more access and flexibility.

• JGreenJGreen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on integrating Planner w/MS Outlook? I would like to move Outlook items to Planner from within Outlook app.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please connect Planner to Outlook. As already mentioned, it just becomes another list I need to check the way it is. I'll keep using Planner for now so I can learn how it works but Trello already has these functions, and its all there ready to go.

• RHartRHart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Until Planner integrates with Outlook tasks, it's just one more cognitive load, one more place I have to look at in order to understand everything I must do.

Planner could become important for me if it were to not merely capture my discrete tasks and buckets of tasks, but rather help me build a comprehensive picture of all my tasks from all sources...or, at the very least all Microsoft sources... So, integration with (and two-way linkages between) Outlook tasks would be critical for me.

Want to be indispensable to me? Help me integrate that comprehensive picture of my own tasks, with a view of all the team-based projects on which I work. Full integration with Teams, please.

• Fredrik GrönqvistFredrik Grönqvist commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've just activated Planner and I'm trying it out before deciding if we should roll it out organization wide. The unability to add emails (either from Outlook or OWA/webmail) is turning out to be a deal breaker.

Planner in it self seems to be quite handy, have the features one would assume and work as expected. So the only real problem so far is that copy+pasting info from emails to get them ito tasks is too much work, too slow and error prone. In its current state, I cannot really "sell" Planner as a "great way to manage tasks" to our employees.

I would argue that one of the key features for adopting Planner is the ability to add tasks easily.

• Paul LloydPaul Lloyd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having the task assigned to you being added to outlook tasks I think would be enough. or having outlook be able to show you your sharepoint tasks and your planner tasks. either way would work.

• Mark OvertonMark Overton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use Flagged e-mail a lot, this would be a great addition. Plus I wouldn't have to copy e-mail item contents

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We use support systems such as Zendesk or Jira Help Desk, but if we could set a plan's email address to automatically create a task in a bucket then we could ditch those other systems.

• AlexAlex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As we are using planner for managing support tickets, there is a need to convert email as Planner task. Doing this manually is really hectic and time consuming process. Then we found a third party Outlook add in to do this job which worked for us. www.apps4.pro

• Alex HenryAlex Henry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Or even just having Tasks assigned to you being added to my Outlook Task list (with the option to disable at anytime). It could almost act like a newsfeed ticker and show me when someone has assigned a task to me!

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base