How can we improve Planner?

Easily add Planner Tasks from within Outlook client and Office 365

Emails consume too much time and energy. As an email user I want to only view an email once and should be able to reply/forward to a person or Outlook Group/SharePoint Site, schedule a Planner task, and/or archive the email for future reference.

2,080 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

LannyLanny shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

47 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • RobRob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an essential tool for widespread implementation in our organization.

• curticacurtica commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have this same requirement - must be able to get the email requests directly into Planner. Has anyone tried Zendesk, Help Scout, or SupportBee? I haven't yet had time to research them but saw them recommended.

• NicNic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can think all you want about it but a task management program that cannot accept emails is unusable. Requests arrive by email, and currently there is NO WAY to convert them to a task. What is you suggested method of work? Get the email, retype its content to a Planner Task, then save any potential attached documents to my computer, then manually attach them to the task I created?! It's absurd.

• chkchk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

can't seem to use this with outlook desktop app. Not sure all of these added "bonus" programs ms is adding to the office 365 subscription is worth it if you have to pay for 3rd party apps to make them work with MS desktop apps.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The majority of new tasks or projects start with an email from someone. It's ridiculous that I can't import an email into a Planner task without manually opening Planner and pasting the relevant data.

This shouldn't be difficult, and it shouldn't still be in "thinking about it" status over a year later.

• JacobJacob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with earlier comment that there should at least be a icon for the group planner in the outlook client, just as there is with the notebook and files

For the love of God please develop the ability to convert an email into a Planner task.

• José PiresJosé Pires commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At minimum, I would like to see a button to launch Planner connected to the Group, like we have the buttons in the Group ribbon to launch Files (SharePoint Documents) and Notebook (OneNote Online). There is no simple way to go directly to Planner out Outlook desktop client. We need to open the Office 365 initial page and navigate to the group plan from there. Thanks

The Trello plugin for Outlook is just about perfect if you need some "inspiration" for this feature.

• FleurFleur commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I found that Flow now has a connection to Planner. I used the Template provided "Create planner tasks for flagged emails in Office 365". It works...but the only information from the email that is put in the Planner task is the subject line. There appears to be no ability to copy the Body of the email to the Planner description. This is not very useful.

I use my E-Mail List as a task list too but want to get away from this, I want to be able to create a task in Planner directly from an e-mail. The ability to auto update when new replies come in would be helpful but id settle with the task from email part in planner.

• Mikael RundqvistMikael Rundqvist commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We use RT (request tracker) as ticketing system at the moment. To switch to planner the ability to create an email address as an alias to a planner site to receive and create tasks would be a dealbreaker for us.

• DavidDavid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not practical for some large companies whose IT restricts plugins due to cost / security concerns.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base