How can we improve Planner?

Allow external users to view/edit tasks.

We have sub consultants that we collaborate with on a daily basis. It would be nice to have different levels of permissions to view tasks, edit tasks, and / or create tasks.

1,988 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Russell Stanford shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

115 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • William commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any timeline on this, it's a critical feature to collaborating - we have multiple office 365 tenants and you can't even share between them!

• Amir commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely voted. Additionally, please allow tasks to be assigned to people outside of O365 using their email address in much the same way we can invite externals to collaborate on SharePoint.

• Simon Pronk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently only members in the same tenant can be assigned a task but we work with 365 users at other companies and also non 365 users on the same project. Need to able to add these users in to a plan and assign a task to them even if they cannot create a new plan

• NBS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is essential functionality. Without it, Planner is of only limited usefulness, and our adoption of this tool will be slowed, if not halted altogether.

We have contractors and other third parties we engage for project work. They don't have Office 365 accounts, but they need to be able to contribute to projects. This includes the ability to contribute to conversations and comment on tasks, in addition to receiving email updates from a plan, and of course being able to create, update and close tasks.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I completelly agree with this request, this feature will help a lot with the adoption of this tool.

• Kevin Turntine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Besides receiving this feature, having a timeline that we can count on would be important. We have a user base who desires this tool, but cannot use it without external users. Therefore, they are going to seek other competitive products vs. sticking within the stack. We can create patience if we know when it will happen. Without that date/timing, we are asking our user base to wait - seemingly forever - and that won't be acceptable.

• AG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a very important feature for us to adopt Planner

• Ivan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When adding an external user, i get message stating "User already exists. Please add a different one." even if its the first time i add the user.
        The user also doesn't display in the list of assigned users.
        The message should be revised to state external users are currently not supported, but coming in a future update.

• Mark Stokes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is SO essential. I work with sub-contractors, partners and customers on my groups and Planners. I really want to just add anyone I want to my Collab groups.

This is going to stop me using planner and I'll carry on using Trello.

1 2 3 4 6 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base