Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Planner?

Allow external users to view/edit tasks.

We have sub consultants that we collaborate with on a daily basis. It would be nice to have different levels of permissions to view tasks, edit tasks, and / or create tasks.

2,666 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Russell Stanford shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

185 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Guest access is critical. Without gust access Planner has no place in our organisation. Just about every project we do is with a team of collaborators outside our company. Without guest access we will have to use a third party project / task tool which means the whole Teams eco system will have to be re-evaluated. And we don't want to have to do that. So, please, guest access.

If your response to this request is only to enable guest access then you have misunderstood. We need to be able to allow anyone in the organization to view a plan without joining the group. Why are you not just copying trello?!

• Andrew Whewell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the one thing that we cannot get working with guests and is causing us to look at alternatives to Microsoft products to manage projects. Is there an ETA for when this will be delivered or a progress update?

• Michal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello,

Do you have any feedback on supporting external users?

Regards,
        Michal

• Franco commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hopefully this functionality will be available soon as Trello does. Projects has always stakeholders that might not be part of same organizations

• Matt Barker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hope this includes the ability for colleagues, not part of the group, to view the planner board - public view only.

• Vineeth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Microsoft Team, I work for an Artificial Intelligence startup AutomateWork and our team has a wide range of clients within the financial industry. Our leadership team intends to use planner for managing our daily tasks with our clients and employees. Has there been any update on planner tool for including people outside my organization? We also would like to link our tasks based on the priority and sequence of actions. Request you to provide the updates road map for planner tool. Appreciate your quick help on this matter

• Vineeth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Microsoft Team, Has there been any update on planner tool for including people outside my organization? Appreciate your quick help on this matter

• Tammi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, update please. Working without this function is becoming increasingly frustrating.

• Gareth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Update please.. do you have a timeline/target date for when this will be rolled out?

• NBS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft, you are taking too long with this development work. I've been very patient with you. For internal projects, we can use Planner, but whenever we need an external user to participate, granting them access to our AD and assigning them an Office 365 account is our only option. It's a lousy workaround, and my network infrastructure colleagues revolt when I ask for that.

Though it's disappointing to move on, I'm transitioning to using Trello for task management.

Update please. I have several clients who want to purchase O365 but need planner to have this function.

• Jeff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any Update...being a consultant this is a critical feature for us.

Hello MS,

Any update on allowing access of planner for external Users?

Thanks,
        Shantanu

Feedback and Knowledge Base