How can we improve Planner?

Allow external users to view/edit tasks.

We have sub consultants that we collaborate with on a daily basis. It would be nice to have different levels of permissions to view tasks, edit tasks, and / or create tasks.

1,818 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Russell StanfordRussell Stanford shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Started  ·  Planner TeamAdminPlanner Team (Admin, Planner) responded  · 

We’re working on supporting this in Office 365 Groups in general. Once that’s complete, we’ll support it in Planner shortly after.

105 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • PDPD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

16 months and counting for this 'started' feature :/ pick up the pace MS

• M ChaseM Chase commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My firm also needs to add external users to Planner that can view/edit tasks. The external users are also Office365 customers. When will Planner be updated so external users can have the access, especially other Office365 users?

• Luis MauricioLuis Mauricio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please!! Planner Team can you give us a realease date?
        I'm working with two organizations and need that they can view the tasks

• Mike-EEEMike-EEE commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Such a great application. Really well-done, team. All of Office should model themselves after your efforts.

It would be great if we could get someone from the team to chime in with an authoritative perspective on what exactly is an "external" user here:
        https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_other-mso_win10/cannot-signin-to-planner-with-msft-account/74f75dd9-2006-485e-b643-77e6d43f8f17

I am able to already add "External" users to my Planner groups that have been added to my AAD via B2B collaboration. It would seem that this is for "External" users that do *not* have an AAD entry, correct?

• PatrickPatrick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need external consultants to acces our planner plan as guests and give them edit rights. Any updates on this?

• DerekDerek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"We’re working on supporting this in Office 365 Groups in general. Once that’s complete, we’ll support it in Planner shortly after."

Any closer to releasing this feature?

• jacreatechjacreatech commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I sure hope I'm not of many that seem to get this very important request shoveled into a black hole. This will make or break my desire to use Planner the same way I have already shelved Teams and enhanced my Slack usage.MS, I get that you want more MS users. Monopoly is OVER, play nice in today's open collaborative environment and I have no doubt the users will follow.

• Joseph LinesJoseph Lines commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree. with External user access to tasks and planner Board. Planner is great but only if your project is internal. My customers have no visibility or access to participate in tasks. I am almost to the point where I am going to to go back to OneNote/Outlook task management. At least I can share that with external O365 users.

This should be a much higher priority for Planner

• DarrenDarren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In an age of distributed agile teams, I do not understand why this isn't a bigger priority. I get that Fortune 500 companies pay more money, but they are also largely stagnant.

In the meantime, Trello sits outside of my workflow. I truly would like to see a point where I can have communications with my customers and contractors. Groups is getting closer, but it would be nice to see Teams and Planner catch up.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My problem is I need to add people to a team outside of the group. You should be able to add private email addresses to the system. Most job planners have people working outside the group from other companies, private contractors etc.. Building a 'Team' should mean anyone should be able to join or be invited at anytime.

Feedback and Knowledge Base