Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Planner?

Allow external users to view/edit tasks.

We have sub consultants that we collaborate with on a daily basis. It would be nice to have different levels of permissions to view tasks, edit tasks, and / or create tasks.

2,665 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Russell Stanford shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

187 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Eve Blance commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This also needs to work for people within the same organisation to be able to see guest view to planner without inheriting permissions into the whole Team. This is a major constraint to rolling this out in a organisation which needs to protect information.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't think this idea should be marked as completed. The actual suggestion was "It would be nice to have different levels of permissions to view tasks, edit tasks, and / or create tasks." However, instead the title has being taken literally instead of as the motivation for wanting permissions. I'm concerned this idea has gathered a lot of votes for permissions which now has lost all those votes because the idea is marked as completed.

• M.S. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Guests by definition are people from outside your organization. That explains the issue with not being able to invite people from within the organization to be added as "Guest". While enabling to add guests is good, this is not what has been requested above. What is wanted is the ability to control level of permissions for those who are members. And I think beyond that, to add people from other teams within the same organization with limited permission, like read only etc. So, no! This request has not been completed! Please reconsider what has been requested.
        However, how should we be able to invite people from other teams, if the planner is so tightly knit together with the team? If I want to invite another person to the planner I automatically add that person to the team. This seems strange. And the way it is set up, it only allows for one planner per team, if I'm right.

My guests can see the planner ok in Teams but when using the mobile solution they cannot see the planner on the planner iOS app. Apparently there’s no guest user support for this.
        So even though there is guest user access support, this has been partially completed.
        It’s weird that my guest users can use the Teams app but to see the tasks assigned to them they have to go back to their computers. Please give guest users access to the iOS app too. This will let everyone really use this as a mobile solution as well

• MG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I tried this today. The first thing I don't like is that guest access can only be given to people outside my organization, which means I can't give it to anyone who works in my company, though in a different team. That kinda defeats the purpose.

Ideally, there should be a way for the plan owner to mark any existing member or add a new member as guest irrespective of their organization.

Secondly, I tried adding my personal email address as guest. Although it shows as guest user in my plan and groups, but I never got an invitation to participate in the plan.

Now I am as disappointed as I was excited to see the notification of this feature.

• Miranga Hendawitharana commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This still does not work. Can add guests to a Plan but guests cannot see the plan when they login to Planner. Only share point access is given for the files

• Michel Bliek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Now also tenant users adding to tasks where they are not part of the group for individual tasks!

Is there any update for support guest access to view/edit tasks in Planner?
        Thanks,
        Sandra

• Brett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Will this allow access to only the task that they are assigned to? Would be great to be able to do that without people having access to the whole board

• Benno commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Access for guests to tasks in Teams does still not work. Guests can be assigned to tasks, but they have no access. When will this be granted? Thought, the rollout would be finished in April?

• Marek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow guest users to comment on a task.

If guest user adds task to my plan and I ask additional questions in comments - the guest user will need to reply somehow. I can't understand why guest comments are blocked.

• Jasque commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Guest access is now enabled but Guest will have limited access to group resources. I tested it with my personal email as the Guest account and couldn't view any of the tasks assigned to it. Am I doing something wrong or that's just how it works?

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/add-and-remove-group-members-in-outlook-3b650f4a-5c9b-4f94-a1bb-0cca4b1091de?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10

Feedback and Knowledge Base