How can we improve Planner?

Allow external users to view/edit tasks.

We have sub consultants that we collaborate with on a daily basis. It would be nice to have different levels of permissions to view tasks, edit tasks, and / or create tasks.

1,901 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Russell StanfordRussell Stanford shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Started  ·  Planner TeamAdminPlanner Team (Admin, Planner) responded  · 

We’re working on supporting this in Office 365 Groups in general. Once that’s complete, we’ll support it in Planner shortly after.

111 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • SianSian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, I agree with the comments so far. I too need to be able to share with external consultants. Therefore, I have now chosen to go down a different route and use Trello instead.

• Luis MauricioLuis Mauricio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE!!!! PRIORITIZE THIS REQUIREMENT....We still waiting since june...This is critical funcionalitiy of projects. We dont want to move to another application

• ZuzanaZuzana commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there any update about estimated time for this feature to be implemented?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

check O365 roadmap, been added to Development last month, so it should be out soon

• Mag MillMag Mill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Given the nature of many projects, there is definitely a need for external access and participation.

• Silvio TaneseSilvio Tanese commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make it high priority:) i think that is mandatory for a app like this have a future for sharing plan with partners and customers!

• David AttenboroughDavid Attenborough commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding support for this request. Please, please, please make it high priority:) Our business loves Planner but being a Consulting business we want to share with our partners and customers alike!!!

• WeetbixWeetbix commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Essential feature required to collaborate with external parties. Will take some time for MS to catch up with Trello which is free and very easy to use.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sigh...another feature I look at and think "great, that'll help me work with my consultancy clients / partners" then find out it's barely out of Alpha and doesn't support external access. Same story with teams. In both cases requests made years ago and continual missed promised deadlines or no response at all. Microsoft seems to be flogging vapourware more and more nowadays.. I'd ask what the status of this is but since it is marked as "started" well over a year and a half ago and no update since I'm not anticipating a reply.

• Mike TonazziMike Tonazzi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, what is the status of this feature? Please add it. Working with people from different companies is a must for consulting firms. Without it, planner has no use.

• LeonLeon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There needs to be read only and editing rights, that we can apply

• Bob DeasyBob Deasy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So I have tested that external users can be added yet they do not get the ability to do anything with Tasks? Is there some PowerShell commands or ??? to enable external users to complete tasks??

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base