How can we improve Planner?

Allow external users to view/edit tasks.

We have sub consultants that we collaborate with on a daily basis. It would be nice to have different levels of permissions to view tasks, edit tasks, and / or create tasks.

2,077 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Russell Stanford shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

126 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jeff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any Update...being a consultant this is a critical feature for us.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello MS,

Any update on allowing access of planner for external Users?

Thanks,
        Shantanu

We need the same. This is a principal blocker in adoption in my company to migrate from Trello to Microsoft Planner

Adding my support to this request. It would represent a significant improvement.

• Patrick J Martin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This will be a key feature in collaborating with teams across multiple companies. I'm looking forward to seeing when this feature is implemented.

And RIGHTS assigments is a big part of this - externals should be either RO RW or editor, and once this works for externals, it is JUST as important for internal members :)

• Jan Erik Sandbakk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Should allow for users to be assigned to unique/single tasks without automatically giving them full access to the whole plan/group unintentionally...

• Gabor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make this planner available in normal Office Online as well, otherwise Microsoft will lose customers or they did already, like in many other topics (mailing - gmail, planner - trello, phone - android, etc.)
        Please prioritize this and add this to public MS sites not only o365 only.

Thanks,

• Sian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, I agree with the comments so far. I too need to be able to share with external consultants. Therefore, I have now chosen to go down a different route and use Trello instead.

• Luis Mauricio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE!!!! PRIORITIZE THIS REQUIREMENT....We still waiting since june...This is critical funcionalitiy of projects. We dont want to move to another application

• Zuzana commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there any update about estimated time for this feature to be implemented?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base